|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did Crick study as an undergraduate?
2. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Social life
(b) Personality conflicts
(c) Structure of DNA
(d) Intellectual life
3. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
4. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
5. What specifically was wrong with Watson and Crick's model so that it disagreed with Rosy's research?
(a) Too many chains
(b) Had three helices
(c) Water level number was different
(d) Not enough chains
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
2. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
3. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
4. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
5. What is crystallography?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)