|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
(b) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(c) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(d) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
2. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(b) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(c) Picture of crystallized DNA
(d) Structure of proteins
3. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
(a) Helical molecules
(b) Polypeptide chains
(c) Insulin dependent molecules
(d) Crystallographic chains
4. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
(a) Maurice Wilkins
(b) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(c) Roy Markahm
(d) Linus Pauling
5. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
(a) Ask more questions of her
(b) Take notes
(c) Thank her for her time
(d) Gather her samples for them to review themselves
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
2. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
3. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
4. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
5. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)