Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Structure of proteins
(b) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(c) Picture of crystallized DNA
2. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(b) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
3. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) What are the crystallized images?
(b) How does DNA crystallize?
(c) Where is DNA stored?
(d) What is a gene?
4. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Same amount of siblings
(b) Knowledge of crystallography
(c) Protein structure knowledge
(d) Enthusiasm for DNA
5. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
(a) To move to Cambridge
(b) To help him convince his Fellowship committee to allow him to relocate to Cambridge
(c) To pretend to work with him
(d) To address his need to study crystallography
Short Answer Questions
1. What is crystallography?
2. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
4. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)