Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
2. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
4. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
5. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(b) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(c) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(d) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
2. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
4. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
5. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)