Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Intellectual life
(b) Structure of DNA
(c) Social life
(d) Personality conflicts
2. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
3. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for making crystals
(b) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(c) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(d) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
4. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(b) Picture of crystallized DNA
(c) Structure of proteins
5. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
2. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
4. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
5. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)