Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(c) Dark cloud
(d) Go sour
2. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Binding of the nucleotides
(b) Order of the nucleotides
(c) Multiple types of nucleotides
(d) Structure of DNA
3. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
4. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) Crystallographic research into DNA
(b) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
(c) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(d) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
5. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
(a) A new colleague
(b) A new model
(c) A fresh start
(d) New X-rays
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
2. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
3. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
4. What did Watson study after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)