|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Decker and Skink decide to leave town, Skink notices that they are being followed. Who is following Decker and Skink?
(a) Dennis Gault.
(b) Ozzie Rundell.
(c) Thomas Curl.
(d) Al Garcia.
2. How many men come upon Skink and beat him up while Skink is waiting for Decker and his companion to return?
3. In the opinion of Dennis Gault, what is the most critical decision to make in preparation for bass fishing?
(a) The lure.
(b) The rod.
(c) The bait.
(d) The fishing line.
4. After Skink is badly beaten, what body part will Skink most likely lose as a result of his injuries?
(a) His eye.
(b) His leg.
(c) His hand.
(d) His ear.
5. After the New Orleans bass tournament, whose boat does Skink use to find Dickie's fish traps?
(a) Ozzie Rundell.
(b) Al Garcia.
(c) Jim Tile.
(d) Thomas Curl.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Decker returns from New Orleans to Miami, who calls him?
2. According to Jim Tile's source, where can Tile find Thomas Curl?
3. According to Weeb's hydrologist, how long will the clean-up effort take in order to make Lunker Lakes suitable for bass fishing?
4. How many compartments does Dennis Gault's tackle box have?
5. At the practice day for the Lockhart tournament, how many fish are caught by the competing fishermen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Weeb refuses to cancel the fishing tournament even though the lake will not support bass. Why does Weeb refuse to cancel the tournament?
2. After Decker is awakened in his Miami trailer by the telephone ringing, what does he expect that his visitor will be bringing to him?
3. Describe the injuries that Jim Tile inflicts on one of his attackers when the attacker points a gun at Tile.
4. What does Lanie share with the police in her statement?
5. At the New Orleans bass fishing tournament, what does the angler with the heaviest stringer receive?
6. Why does Catherine begin to bark as Curl is driving them to Miami to confront Decker?
7. After returning to Miami, what does Decker want to tell Dennis Gault?
8. What is eerily familiar to Decker about the dead body that he finds on his way back to Hammond that reminds him of Ott Pickney?
9. Why does Dickie Lockhart have a closed coffin at his funeral?
10. Describe Charles Weeb's boyhood, as revealed in his official church biography.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)