|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hires R.J. Decker to look into cheating at fishing tournaments?
(a) Dickie Lockhart.
(b) Davey Dillo.
(c) Bobby Clinch.
(d) Dennis Gault.
2. Where is Dickie Lockhart's hometown?
3. According to the pathology report, what is the cause of Bobby Clinch's death?
(a) A domestic dispute.
(b) A gang war.
(c) A drowning.
(d) An accident.
4. Why did the manhunt for Clinton Tyree finally end?
(a) Tyree was spotted in Louisiana.
(b) Tyree's limousine driver confessed to murder.
(c) Tyree's resignation letter was received.
(d) Tyree's body was found.
5. What is the name of the state trooper that Decker meets just after getting back to Harney?
(a) Charles Weeb.
(b) Jeff Ramsey.
(c) Oscar Randall.
(d) Jim Tile.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the manhunt for Clinton Tyree, how many times was Tyree's driver polygraphed?
2. Where was Jim Tile born?
3. When Catherine visits Decker at his trailer, where does Catherine try to convince Decker to move to?
4. What kind of proof does the person hiring Decker want of the cheating happening at fishing tournaments?
5. Where does Dickie Lockhart shoot his "Hawg Hunting" episode?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dickie goes to Weeb's hotel room in New Orleans, what is the rumor that Dickie has heard?
2. Why does Ott Pickney become the Davey Dillo mascot for the high school?
3. What surprises Skink when he spies Bobby on the day that Bobby dies?
4. When Decker first sees the state trooper after arriving back in Harney, Decker notices something different about this trooper. What makes this trooper different from the others?
5. How does Pickney characterize bass guides when Decker asks Pickney for his help in finding a guide?
6. Why does Decker accept the case regarding cheating at the fishing tournaments?
7. As Tile, Decker, and Skink are driving away from the slough after finding Pickney's body, why does Tile have Decker and Skink duck down when an oncoming car gets close?
8. Why did Decker quit doing photography as a living?
9. Why does the local pathologist who examines Bobby Clinch's body not do a thorough autopsy?
10. When Catherine visits Decker at his trailer, she asks Decker what he plans to do with the money he'll get from investigating the cheating case at the tournament. What does Decker tell her?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)