|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pickney's educated guess, about how much does Bobby's tackle box weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 24 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 35 pounds.
2. When Catherine visits Decker at his trailer, where does Catherine try to convince Decker to move to?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
3. What does Decker see in Skink's shack that really surprises him?
4. Who makes Bobby's boat into the coffin that Bobby is buried in?
5. How many units is Weeb planning to build for his new Christian city?
(a) 29,000 units.
(b) 18,000 units.
(c) 52,000 units.
(d) 33,000 units.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who opens Weeb's hotel room door in response to Dickie Lockhart's knock?
2. In the 1970s, what position was Clinton Tyree elected to?
3. Who is Dickie Lockhart's boss?
4. When Decker first sees Skink, what is Skink holding?
5. When Pickney goes to the Clinch house to interview Clarisse, how many fishing trophies are on Bobby's bookshelf?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dickie goes to Weeb's hotel room in New Orleans, what is the rumor that Dickie has heard?
2. Why does Decker not bother to hide his expensive camera equipment in his trailer home?
3. At the beginning of the story, while he's filming the next episode of his fishing show, why is Dickie Lockhart frustrated?
4. Why does the local pathologist who examines Bobby Clinch's body not do a thorough autopsy?
5. When Decker first sees the state trooper after arriving back in Harney, Decker notices something different about this trooper. What makes this trooper different from the others?
6. Why does Decker leave his first profession out of high school and accept a job at a local newspaper?
7. When Pickney asks Decker why he got a divorce, what does Decker say?
8. After Skink releases all but two of the bass that were stashed in fish cages the night before the bass tournament in New Orleans, Skink clips the first two spines on the dorsal fins of the remaining two bass. Why?
9. Why did Catherine call Decker when she and James were on their honeymoon?
10. What does Decker like best about the car he drives?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)