|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many brothers does Decker have?
2. As soon as Decker gets off the telephone, he starts driving back to Harney. What time does Decker arrive in Harney?
(a) 4:30 am.
(b) 4:30 pm.
(c) 2:30 pm.
(d) 2:30 am.
3. What one thing was Clinton Tyree known for on the campaign trail?
(a) His talent.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His hair.
4. How much money does Decker offer to Skink for Skink's services?
5. How much does the person hiring Decker agree to pay Decker for the investigation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine's husband do for a living?
2. When the men on the fishing boat don't turn around so Decker can get a good picture of their faces, what does Skink do?
3. According to the pathology report, what is the cause of Bobby Clinch's death?
4. Where does Dickie Lockhart shoot his "Hawg Hunting" episode?
5. How long after her divorce from Decker did Catherine wait before marrying James?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Skink releases all but two of the bass that were stashed in fish cages the night before the bass tournament in New Orleans, Skink clips the first two spines on the dorsal fins of the remaining two bass. Why?
2. What surprises Skink when he spies Bobby on the day that Bobby dies?
3. As Decker returns to Skink's house after Bobby's funeral, why does Decker honk his horn twice?
4. Why did Catherine call Decker when she and James were on their honeymoon?
5. As Tile, Decker, and Skink are driving away from the slough after finding Pickney's body, why does Tile have Decker and Skink duck down when an oncoming car gets close?
6. Years earlier, when Dennis Gault offered money to an undercover federal officer to kill Dickie Lockhart, why wasn't Dennis arrested?
7. Why has Dennis Gault never rigged a bass tournament himself?
8. Decker realizes that he's met Lanie Gault before Harney. Where did Decker originally meet Lanie Gault?
9. According to Decker, what is the most dreaded assignment in journalism?
10. When Decker first sees the state trooper after arriving back in Harney, Decker notices something different about this trooper. What makes this trooper different from the others?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)