• The protagonist of the story is R.J. Decker, a down-on-his-luck private investigator hired to catch a cheating bass fisherman.
• The story begins when Bobby gets up early to go fishing, but at the end of the day, Bobby does not return from the lake.
• The next morning, Bobby's wife receives the news that there was an accident on his boat and Bobby has drowned.
• At the same time, Dennis hires Decker to investigate suspected cheating at bass fishing tournaments; specifically, allegations that Dickie Lockhart cheats.
• Decker takes the case simply because it pays a great deal of money.
• A local pathologist who is squeamish around corpses examines Bobby's body. As a result, the autopsy is not thorough and Bobby's death is ruled an accident.
• While filming the latest episode of Fish Fever, Dickie hears about Bobby's death from another fisherman. Dickie doesn't appear to be...
This section contains 3,753 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)