|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Nick's home at the lake?
2. Why is Lauren late meeting Nick the day after the party?
3. How does Lauren feel about Nick at this point?
4. Who does Laura mention that she has recently met?
5. What does Lauren cut through on the way to her car after her job interview?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Lauren's use of Philip's condo?
2. What is the nature of the job offered to Lauren by Philip Whitworth?
3. How does a chance meeting with Nick alter the course of Lauren's job search?
4. What decision does Lauren make about spying for Philip and how does she sabotage her job interview at Sinco?
5. How does Lauren meet Nick?
6. Who does Lauren mention at dinner that causes a stir among the Whitworths?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing when bringing up Nick's advice for Lauren to have many sex partners.
8. When does Nick begin to try to seduce Lauren?
9. What does Lauren find unusual about Philip's condo when she moves in?
10. Why can Lauren not avoid Nick even though she wants nothing more to do with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in the play. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the earrings that Nick gives to Lauren. What do they signify? What role does do they play in the drama? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Nick and Philip. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Lauren cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)