|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lauren's talent?
2. What is Nick's demeanor as he tells Lauren goodbye?
3. What does Nick tell Lauren about his mother?
4. What is the name of Nick's home at the lake?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Nick's home at The Cove?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the job offered to Lauren by Philip Whitworth?
2. How does Lauren meet Nick?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Lauren's use of Philip's condo?
4. What is revealed about Philip Whitworth's character so far?
5. Why can Lauren not avoid Nick even though she wants nothing more to do with him?
6. How can Lauren be ignorant about Nick's real position after seeing his home?
7. Why does Lauren decide to take the job offer at Sinco?
8. How does the author show that Lauren is out of her element in Nick's world?
9. What does Lauren find unusual about Philip's condo when she moves in?
10. What offer does Philip make regarding living arrangements for Lauren?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the play. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Seduction takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)