|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lauren tell about her arrangement with Philip?
2. What is the only information about Nick that Lauren gives Philip?
(a) He is filing for bankruptcy.
(b) He is expanding to Europe.
(c) He is out of town.
(d) He is selling out.
3. When do Nick and Lauren marry?
(a) In six months.
(b) In a year.
(d) In three months.
4. What does Lauren learn that a young Nick had bought for his mother when he was young?
(b) A bottle of cologne.
(c) A small pill box.
(d) Bath crystals.
5. What information does Nick review with Lauren?
(a) Jim's performance appraisal.
(b) Nick's divorce papers.
(c) Lauren's driving record.
(d) Lauren's personnel file.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nick show up at Lauren's condo when he returns from Europe?
2. What does Lauren give Jim for his birthday?
3. What is Lauren's assignment regarding a new project?
4. Why does Philip threaten to tell Nick about his arrangement with Lauren?
5. Why does Nick refuse to commit to Lauren?
Short Essay Questions
1. What threatens to ruin the relationship between Nick and Lauren?
2. What surprises Lauren about a new assignment she gets at the office?
3. How does Lauren try to adapt to Nick's changing moods and behavior?
4. How does Philip try to blackmail Lauren into spying for him?
5. What happened in Nick's relationship with his mother to affect his relationships with other women?
6. What action does Nick have his attorneys take regarding Lauren?
7. What does Laura learn about the relationship between Nick and Jim?
8. Why has the company's security department decided to conduct an investigation into Lauren's past?
9. What does Lauren learn about Ericka Moran at the party?
10. In addition to returning the pearl earrings, what choice does Lauren make in spite of Nick's poor behavior?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)