|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the security officers think Lauren is Philip's mistress?
(a) She has a new sports car.
(b) Her phone records show many calls to his number.
(c) She is wearing a new fur coat.
(d) She is living in the condo he keeps for his mistresses.
2. Who does Lauren tell about her arrangement with Philip?
3. What does Lauren learn that a young Nick had bought for his mother when he was young?
(b) Bath crystals.
(c) A bottle of cologne.
(d) A small pill box.
4. What does Lauren make clear to Nick that she wants?
(a) A condo.
(b) A sports car.
(c) A relationship.
(d) A vacation home.
5. Whose birthday does Lauren celebrate at work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nick's hope regarding Lauren?
2. Who is the inventor who is working with Nick?
3. What does Nick suggest to Lauren as she begins work on the project?
4. Who is Nick's secretary?
5. Where is Nick at the beginning of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Nick's advances provide insight into his personality?
2. What facts does the head of security reveal to Nick after Laura has moved back home?
3. What did Nick give Lauren before leaving the condo?
4. What two pieces of information does Nick's lawyer reveal about Lauren?
5. What surprises Lauren about a new assignment she gets at the office?
6. How does Jim alter the course of events and what happens to Nick and Lauren's relationship as a result?
7. How does Tony prove to be Lauren's only friend at this point?
8. How does Jim's display of affection toward Lauren hasten Nick into revealing his feelings for her?
9. How does the author create tension in the story at this point?
10. How does Jim come to Lauren's aid when Nick begins making advances again?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)