|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the restaurant where Lauren and Nick go for lunch?
(a) The Fairlawn Club.
(b) Tequila Willie's.
(d) The Chop House.
2. What is the setting for Chapter 5?
(a) An airport.
(b) A city park.
(c) A museum.
(d) A lakeside home.
3. What does Lauren cut through on the way to her car after her job interview?
(a) An arcade.
(b) A construction site.
(c) A park.
(d) A mall.
4. Lauren showers and ______________ before meeting the Whitworths.
(a) Makes phone calls.
(b) Reads the paper.
(c) Changes clothes.
(d) Takes a nap.
5. For what does Nick mistake Lauren when they first meet?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A spoiled brat.
(d) An intern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lauren meet at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What is Lauren surprised to learn about her work at Sinco?
3. What is Nick's demeanor as he tells Lauren goodbye?
4. How late is Lauren when she arrives for her date with Nick?
5. What happens when Lauren is forced to work with Nick on a project?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Lauren's use of Philip's condo?
2. How can Lauren be ignorant about Nick's real position after seeing his home?
3. What does Lauren finally realize about Nick and his treatment of her?
4. How are Nick and Lauren's feelings at opposite ends of the spectrum after they spend the night together?
5. How does Laura's behavior reveal that she is unaware of Nick's role at the company?
6. What are Nick's intentions for inviting Lauren to go with him to a party at Harbor Springs on the weekend?
7. How does Lauren meet Nick?
8. What does Lauren find unusual about Philip's condo when she moves in?
9. How do Lauren's actions show her core character?
10. Why has Lauren come to Detroit?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)