|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does DOUBLE STANDARDS take place?
2. What does Lauren do as she drives to Sinco?
(a) Talks on her cell phone.
(b) Changes her mind about spying for Philip.
(c) Witnesses a car accident.
(d) Runs a red light.
3. Which one of Nick's family members died when Nick was young?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
4. What do Lauren and Nick spend the day doing in Chapter 7?
(a) Watching movies.
(c) Painting the kitchen.
5. How does Lauren feel about Nick at this point?
(a) She thinks he is stupid.
(b) She is falling in love with him.
(c) She finds him abrasive.
(d) She can't stand his arrogance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lauren think Nick is when she first meets him?
2. What is the name of Nick's company?
3. For what does Lauren apologize to Philip?
4. What frightens Lauren about Nick?
5. What does Philip want Lauren to steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the job offered to Lauren by Philip Whitworth?
2. How can Lauren be ignorant about Nick's real position after seeing his home?
3. How does Lauren know that Nick has put in a good word for her at Sinco regarding a job?
4. Who does Lauren mention at dinner that causes a stir among the Whitworths?
5. How does the author use foreshadowing when establishing Tony as a friend for Lauren?
6. What is revealed about Philip Whitworth's character so far?
7. How is Lauren's depth of character revealed related to Philip's request that she spy for him in spite of her personal feelings about the Whitworths?
8. How does the author show that Lauren is out of her element in Nick's world?
9. Describe the interaction between Laura and Nick at the construction site.
10. What does Lauren finally realize about Nick and his treatment of her?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)