|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What embarrasses Lauren at the party?
(a) She loses an earring in the cheese dip.
(b) She doesn't have appropriate attire.
(c) She drops her dinner plate.
(d) She spills her drink.
2. Who does Lauren meet at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Jim Willman.
(b) Dick Williams.
(c) Jim Williams.
(d) Jim Wilson.
3. Where is Philip's condo located?
(a) In the suburbs.
(c) In a gated community.
(d) By the lake.
4. What frightens Lauren about Nick?
(a) His secrets.
(b) His intensity.
(c) His criminal record.
(d) His driving.
5. Why does Lauren begin to run to her car?
(a) It begins to snow.
(b) She thinks there is a mugger behind her.
(c) She is late for her next appointment.
(d) It begins to rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main female character in DOUBLE STANDARDS?
2. What is Nick's demeanor as he tells Lauren goodbye?
3. How does Lauren feel about Nick at this point?
4. What does Philip Whitworth threaten to tell Nick?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Nick's home at The Cove?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of DOUBLE STANDARDS?
2. What does Lauren finally realize about Nick and his treatment of her?
3. Describe the interaction between Laura and Nick at the construction site.
4. When does Nick begin to try to seduce Lauren?
5. What is revealed about Philip Whitworth's character so far?
6. How does Lauren know that Nick has put in a good word for her at Sinco regarding a job?
7. Why is Lauren pleasantly surprised by her time at the Whitworth home?
8. Why has Lauren come to Detroit?
9. How does Nick react to Lauren's virginity?
10. What is the nature of the job offered to Lauren by Philip Whitworth?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)