|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main male character in DOUBLE STANDARDS?
(a) Nate Sinclair.
(b) Nick Sinclair.
(c) Neil Sinclair.
(d) Nick Sawyer.
2. Why is Lauren late meeting Nick the day after the party?
(a) She has a migraine.
(b) She can't find anything to wear.
(c) She oversleeps.
(d) She can't get her car out of the driveway.
3. What happens when Lauren is forced to work with Nick on a project?
(a) She quits her job.
(b) She transfers to another department.
(c) He tries to coax her into having an affair.
(d) She demands a raise.
4. To whom does Lauren share her heartbreak over Nick?
(c) Her father.
5. In what city does DOUBLE STANDARDS take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lauren NOT recall about the Whitworth family.
2. What does Lauren receive during dinner?
3. What does Philip want Lauren to steal?
4. What does Philip tell Lauren to do with the clothes at the condo?
5. What does Lauren think Nick is when she first meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing when bringing up Nick's advice for Lauren to have many sex partners.
2. How do Lauren's actions show her core character?
3. How can Lauren be ignorant about Nick's real position after seeing his home?
4. How does Laura's behavior reveal that she is unaware of Nick's role at the company?
5. Why does Lauren decide to take the job offer at Sinco?
6. How does Lauren view Nick at this point in the story?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing when establishing Tony as a friend for Lauren?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Lauren's use of Philip's condo?
9. Why is Lauren pleasantly surprised by her time at the Whitworth home?
10. What does Lauren recall about the Whitworths as she drives to their home for dinner?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)