|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lauren purposely leave out on her employment application?
(a) Her home address.
(b) Her hobbies.
(c) Her e-mail address.
(d) Her extensive education.
2. What advice does Jim give Lauren about Nick?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Get revenge.
(c) Forget him.
(d) Confront him.
3. What does Lauren do while running to her car?
(a) Tears her stocking.
(b) Loses a shoe.
(c) Trips and sprains her ankle.
(d) Drops her purse.
4. Which of the following does Lauren NOT recall about the Whitworth family.
(a) They are rude.
(b) They are magnanimous.
(c) They are conceited.
(d) They are cruel.
5. Why has Lauren come to the big city?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To learn more about the real world.
(c) To go to college.
(d) To study dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the restaurant where Lauren and Nick go for lunch?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Lauren thinks about Nick at the end of Chapter 10?
3. How do the Whitworths greet Lauren when she arrives?
4. Where does Lauren go at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. Who does Laura mention that she has recently met?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lauren know that Nick has put in a good word for her at Sinco regarding a job?
2. What is revealed about Philip Whitworth's character so far?
3. How does the author show that Nick might be truly interested in Lauren?
4. How is Lauren's depth of character revealed related to Philip's request that she spy for him in spite of her personal feelings about the Whitworths?
5. What are Nick's intentions for inviting Lauren to go with him to a party at Harbor Springs on the weekend?
6. Why does Lauren decide to take the job offer at Sinco?
7. What offer does Philip make regarding living arrangements for Lauren?
8. How does Nick react to Lauren's virginity?
9. How does a chance meeting with Nick alter the course of Lauren's job search?
10. Why can Lauren not avoid Nick even though she wants nothing more to do with him?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)