|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lauren think is Nick's job?
2. What happens when Lauren is forced to work with Nick on a project?
(a) She quits her job.
(b) She transfers to another department.
(c) He tries to coax her into having an affair.
(d) She demands a raise.
3. What does Lauren do after Nick breaks her heart?
(a) Tries to commit suicide.
(b) Goes out with someone new.
(c) Calls him continually.
(d) Throws herself into work.
4. What decision did Nick's mother regret making?
(a) Marrying Nick's father.
(b) Having children.
(c) Not taking swimming lessons.
(d) Not going to college.
5. Which of the following does Lauren NOT recall about the Whitworth family.
(a) They are rude.
(b) They are conceited.
(c) They are magnanimous.
(d) They are cruel.
6. What does Lauren believe about Nick as she leaves him?
(a) He is frightened by his feelings for her.
(b) He is a real jerk.
(c) He is crazy about her.
(d) He has never been in love before.
7. Where does Lauren go at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) A hair salon.
(c) The library.
(d) The Whitworth home.
8. What does Nick invite Lauren to in Harbor Springs?
(a) A movie.
(b) A business dinner.
(c) A party.
(d) A convention.
9. What does Lauren purposely leave out on her employment application?
(a) Her extensive education.
(b) Her e-mail address.
(c) Her home address.
(d) Her hobbies.
10. What is the setting for Chapter 5?
(a) An airport.
(b) A museum.
(c) A lakeside home.
(d) A city park.
11. What does Nick do when Lauren threatens to quit her job?
(a) Offers to marry her if she'll stay.
(b) Makes her a better offer.
(c) Fires her.
(d) Gives her a corner office.
12. Why does Lauren need a job?
(a) To pay her father's medical bills.
(b) To get her first apartment.
(c) To pay for her European trip.
(d) To pay for her college expenses.
13. What level of encouragement does the personnel manager give Lauren about getting a job at Sinco?
(a) Lauren needs some continuing education first.
(b) There is a slight chance.
(c) There is no chance.
(d) She is a natural for the job.
14. Which of the following is NOT something Lauren thinks about Nick at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) He is not the person she thought he was.
(b) She still loves him.
(c) He is not the man she loved.
(d) She wants nothing more to do with him.
15. How can Lauren be characterized?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Lauren come to the big city?
2. What does Philip Whitworth threaten to tell Nick?
3. What truth does Lauren learn about Nick?
4. What does Nick promise Lauren he will do?
5. What does Lauren continue to be ignorant of regarding Nick?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)