|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lauren find remaining at the condo?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Lauren thinks about Nick at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She wants nothing more to do with him.
(b) She still loves him.
(c) He is not the man she loved.
(d) He is not the person she thought he was.
3. What does Jim offer Lauren?
(a) A drink.
(b) Some advice.
(c) A job.
(d) A cigarette.
4. How long has it been since Lauren has seen the Whitworth family?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 14 years.
5. What is Nick's demeanor as he tells Lauren goodbye?
6. Why is Lauren late meeting Nick the day after the party?
(a) She has a migraine.
(b) She oversleeps.
(c) She can't get her car out of the driveway.
(d) She can't find anything to wear.
7. Why has Lauren come to the big city?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To study dance.
(c) To go to college.
(d) To learn more about the real world.
8. What truth does Lauren learn about Nick?
(a) He owns the corporation where she works.
(b) He is a married man.
(c) He is an ex-convict.
(d) He is a drug addict.
9. Why does Nick tell Lauren she needs to leave the next morning?
(a) The contractor is coming over.
(b) The housekeeper will be here soon.
(c) He wants to go out for breakfast.
(d) A business associate is coming.
10. What is the name of Nick's company?
11. Which one of Nick's family members died when Nick was young?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
12. Why does Lauren begin to run to her car?
(a) She thinks there is a mugger behind her.
(b) She is late for her next appointment.
(c) It begins to rain.
(d) It begins to snow.
13. Lauren states that she would like to be both president and ____________________ at Sinco.
(a) Ffinance director.
(b) Marketing director.
(d) Personnel manager.
14. Where is Philip's condo located?
(b) In a gated community.
(c) In the suburbs.
(d) By the lake.
15. Which member of the Whitworth family had been particularly cruel to Lauren?
(b) Philip's wife.
(c) Philip's son.
(d) Philip's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony tell Lauren that a young woman needs in a big city?
2. How late is Lauren when she arrives for her date with Nick?
3. At what company does Lauren not think she will be offered a job?
4. What nationality is half of Lauren's heritage?
5. For when does Nick make a date with Lauren?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)