|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lauren go after leaving Nick?
(a) Her friend's house.
(b) Philip's home.
(c) A bar.
(d) The mall.
2. What does Nick ask Lauren as they dance together?
(a) If she will go to bed with him.
(b) If she likes her job.
(c) If she likes this type of music.
(d) If she has found an apartment.
3. What advice does Jim give Lauren about Nick?
(a) Confront him.
(b) Forget him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Get revenge.
4. Who does Laura mention that she has recently met?
5. How many times does Nick call Lauren in the two weeks before her job begins?
6. What is Nick's demeanor as he tells Lauren goodbye?
7. Where does Lauren move her things at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Nick's apartment.
(b) The Cove.
(c) Her new apartment.
(d) Philip's condo.
8. Who is one of the men who assists Lauren when she falls?
9. Who is the author of DOUBLE STANDARDS?
(a) Judith McNeill.
(b) Judith McInerney.
(c) Judith McNaught.
(d) Jane McNaught.
10. What is the restaurant where Lauren and Nick go for lunch?
(a) The Fairlawn Club.
(b) Tequila Willie's.
(d) The Chop House.
11. For what does Lauren apologize to Philip?
(a) She stepped on his foot.
(b) She spilled her drink.
(c) She doesn't think she'll be offered a job.
(d) She hit the bumper of his car.
12. What does Nick promise Lauren he will do?
(a) Put in a good word for her to get the job.
(b) Send her the name of a good travel agent.
(c) Call her tonight.
(d) Take her to dinner on Saturday.
13. By what is Laura overwhelmed?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) The celebrities at the party.
(c) Nick's declaration of love.
(d) A sad movie.
14. Who does Lauren think must have lived in the condo before her?
(a) Philip's secretary.
(b) Philip's mistress.
(c) Philip's niece.
(d) Philip's daughter.
15. What is the setting for Chapter 5?
(a) An airport.
(b) A museum.
(c) A lakeside home.
(d) A city park.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does DOUBLE STANDARDS take place?
2. What does Philip want Lauren to steal?
3. Lauren states that she would like to be both president and ____________________ at Sinco.
4. Lauren showers and ______________ before meeting the Whitworths.
5. For what company does Lauren think that Nick works?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)