|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Walter and Phyllis?
2. How does Lola plan to get the truth out of Phyllis?
3. What does Lola vow to do?
4. From eavesdropping, shy does Lola think Mr. Sanchetti was not involved in her father's death?
5. What does the answer to #100 want to know?
Essay Topic 1
Walter and Phyllis spend most of their time avoiding being caught for their crime. Do you think they ever felt remorse for what they did? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The story is written in a style called noir fiction for which Cain is famous. Explain the concept of noir fiction and cite some examples to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Keyes. What is his role in Walter's life? What is his role in the book overall?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)