|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter tell Keyes when he fears for Lola's safety?
2. What does Walter realize when he sees Phyllis?
3. Who rules the death an accident?
4. What does Keyes think is the best way to catch the perpetrator of a crime like this?
5. Who does not believe that Nirdlinger committed suicide?
Essay Topic 1
Walter is a pretty cold character until he meets Lola. Explain the irony of Walter's falling in love with Lola.
Essay Topic 2
This story is built on a thread of tension for dramatic effect. Cite three examples from the book in which the author puts the characters in almost unbearably tense situations.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Walter and Phyllis. What qualities does each bring to the scenario to commit the "perfect murder?"
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)