|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Walter aware of when he wakes from the anesthesia?
2. Walter thinks Phyllis will be all right if ___________________________.
3. Why is Keyes excited now?
4. What do both Walter and Phyllis agree on?
5. What does Walter do with the item kept in the file?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires when Keyes returns to Walter's hospital room later that night?
2. What happens on the night that Walter plans to kill Phyllis?
3. What reinforces Lola's love for Sachetti?
4. What are the details of Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
5. What is it that finally makes Walter admit to murdering Nirdlinger?
6. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
7. What information about Sachetti does Walter learn from Lola?
8. What are the terms of the deal that Keyes presents to Walter?
9. What is Walter's main concern after he tells Keyes about killing Nirdlinger?
10. What are the preliminary investigative results about the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Walter and Phyllis. What qualities does each bring to the scenario to commit the "perfect murder?"
Essay Topic 2
The story illustrates how evil thoughts lead to evil deeds. Why is Walter a prime candidate to take part in the crime? What is the lethal combination that lures him to make this decision?
Essay Topic 3
Walter is a pretty cold character until he meets Lola. Explain the irony of Walter's falling in love with Lola.
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)