|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lola's mother when she died?
2. What does Walter have in a file at his company?
3. Who had been Lola's mother's companion at the time of her death?
4. What is the one thing that Keyes cannot understand?
5. What action does Phyllis take next?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the point of view in this novel. From whose perspective is the story told? Cite some examples that validate your position.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Walter have a change of heart regarding Phyllis? What enters into the relationship that makes her repugnant to him? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The story is written in a style called noir fiction for which Cain is famous. Explain the concept of noir fiction and cite some examples to support your position.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)