|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Walter give Phyllis?
2. Who was the woman arrested for shooting Walter?
3. Whose efforts got Walter to the hospital?
4. What does Walter do the following morning?
5. What will Keyes give to Walter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Walter and Phyllis do after they realize that their fate is sealed?
2. What suspicious information does Lola give to Walter?
3. What transpires when Keyes returns to Walter's hospital room later that night?
4. What reinforces Lola's love for Sachetti?
5. What are the details of Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
6. What does Keyes tell Walter to get him to start thinking about confessing to Nirdlinger's murder?
7. What information about Sachetti does Walter learn from Lola?
8. How does Lola react when Walter advises her about not testifying about Phyllis?
9. Describe Lola's demeanor when she visits Walter at his office a week later.
10. What is the symbolism of the moon at the end of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the relationship between Walter and Lola credible? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Walter have a change of heart regarding Phyllis? What enters into the relationship that makes her repugnant to him? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Walter and Phyllis spend most of their time avoiding being caught for their crime. Do you think they ever felt remorse for what they did? Explain.
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)