|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Mr. Sanchetti suspected Phyllis was up to something the night his car was stolen?
2. Who visits Walter at his office a week later?
3. What does Keyes think about the beneficiary in an accident case like this one?
4. What business does Walter have as an offshoot of the insurance business?
5. What country does Walter see from the deck?
Essay Topic 1
This story is built on a thread of tension for dramatic effect. Cite three examples from the book in which the author puts the characters in almost unbearably tense situations.
Essay Topic 2
Phyllis is the epitome of a femme fatale. Explain what this means and cite examples that validate this description of Phyllis.
Essay Topic 3
The story is written in a style called noir fiction for which Cain is famous. Explain the concept of noir fiction and cite some examples to support your position.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)