|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Walter while waiting in Mr. Sanchetti's car?
2. Where does Phyllis call Walter from so they can talk privately?
3. What does Walter think will happen at Mazatlan?
4. What does Lola tell Walter?
5. What is Walter's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires when Keyes returns to Walter's hospital room later that night?
2. What do Walter and Phyllis do after they realize that their fate is sealed?
3. What is it that finally makes Walter admit to murdering Nirdlinger?
4. What is Walter's main concern after he tells Keyes about killing Nirdlinger?
5. How does Lola react when Walter advises her about not testifying about Phyllis?
6. What happens on the night that Walter plans to kill Phyllis?
7. What is the news about the murder in the paper the next morning?
8. Describe Lola's demeanor when she visits Walter at his office a week later.
9. What does Keyes tell Walter to get him to start thinking about confessing to Nirdlinger's murder?
10. What precipitates Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Walter have a change of heart regarding Phyllis? What enters into the relationship that makes her repugnant to him? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Walter is a pretty cold character until he meets Lola. Explain the irony of Walter's falling in love with Lola.
Essay Topic 3
Walter and Phyllis spend most of their time avoiding being caught for their crime. Do you think they ever felt remorse for what they did? Explain.
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)