Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Walter and Phyllis?
2. How does Lola plan to get the truth out of Phyllis?
3. What does Lola vow to do?
4. From eavesdropping, shy does Lola think Mr. Sanchetti was not involved in her father's death?
5. What does the answer to #100 want to know?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Phyllis' personal history. What else is in her background that shows an evil character? Why does she behave the way she does?
Essay Topic 2
Walter believes that he is smarter than most of the people he deals with--including Phyllis. Explain how this is part of his downfall. What role do greed and ego play in Walter's demise?
Essay Topic 3
The story is written in a style called noir fiction for which Cain is famous. Explain the concept of noir fiction and cite some examples to support your position.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)