|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
(a) He wants revenge on Phyllis
(b) He wants a new career
(c) The guilt is making him sick
(d) The fear of losing Lola
2. What does Walter have in a file at his company?
(a) A photo of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti together
(b) A taped recording of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti
(c) A key to Mr. Sanchetti's car
(d) A recording of Phyllis and him
3. What does Walter do with the information Lola shared with him?
(a) Tells Keyes immediately
(b) Tells Phyllis
(c) Tells the police
(d) Keeps it to himself
4. What does Phyllis say is printed in the ship's paper?
(a) News of Lola and Mr. Sachetti's marriage
(b) The ship's itinerary
(c) Walter and Lola's engagement picture
(d) News of Walter's trip
5. Why is Keyes excited now?
(a) His wife is having a baby
(b) Walter is going to live
(c) He is getting a big promotion
(d) The arrest of Lola and Mr. Sanchetti ties up the Nirdlinger case
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter say is the only reason he has confessed to Nirdlinger's murder?
2. What advice does Walter give Phyllis?
3. What else are the investigators waiting on?
4. Walter thinks that he has been made a ___________ by Phyllis.
5. Walter thinks Phyllis will be all right if ___________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the night that Walter plans to kill Phyllis?
2. What are the terms of the deal that Keyes presents to Walter?
3. What are the preliminary investigative results about the case?
4. Why does Walter's secretary, Nettie, call him at home that morning?
5. Describe Lola's demeanor when she visits Walter at his office a week later.
6. What is Walter's main concern after he tells Keyes about killing Nirdlinger?
7. What is the news about the murder in the paper the next morning?
8. How does Lola react when Walter advises her about not testifying about Phyllis?
9. What is the symbolism of the moon at the end of the story?
10. What is it that finally makes Walter admit to murdering Nirdlinger?
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)