|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Lola's vow made Walter decide to do?
(a) Leave town immediately
(b) Kill Lola
(c) Threaten Mr. Sanchetti
(d) Kill Phyllis
2. Who rules the death an accident?
(a) The police detectives
(b) The F.B.I.
(c) The insurance investigators
(d) The coroner
3. What does the answer to #100 want to know?
(a) Where Walter was last night
(b) The details of Nirdlinger's insurance policy
(c) Why Walter loaned money to Lola's boyfriend
(d) If Walter has ever been to Palo Alto
4. What does Walter fantasize about?
(a) Marrying Lola
(b) Marrying Nettie
(c) Marrying Phyllis
(d) Marrying Julie
5. What behavior has Lola been doing lately?
(a) Drinking too much
(b) Sleeping most of the day
(c) Taking antidepressants
(d) Following Phyllis and Mr. Sachetti
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter do with the item kept in the file?
2. What does Walter learn about Mr. Sanchetti?
3. What is Walter aware of when he wakes from the anesthesia?
4. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
5. What is the one thing that Keyes cannot understand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the terms of the deal that Keyes presents to Walter?
2. How does Lola react when Walter advises her about not testifying about Phyllis?
3. What is it that finally makes Walter admit to murdering Nirdlinger?
4. What reinforces Lola's love for Sachetti?
5. What suspicious information does Lola give to Walter?
6. Why does Walter's secretary, Nettie, call him at home that morning?
7. What shock does Walter get on his second day at sea?
8. What is the symbolism of the moon at the end of the story?
9. What do Walter and Phyllis do after they realize that their fate is sealed?
10. What are the details of Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)