|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Phyllis call Walter from so they can talk privately?
(a) A bus station
(b) A pay phone
(c) A hotel
(d) A restaurant
2. What advice does Walter give Phyllis?
(a) How to raise Lola
(b) How to act innocent
(c) How to invest the money
(d) What to do at trial
3. What does Walter do with the information Lola shared with him?
(a) Tells Phyllis
(b) Keeps it to himself
(c) Tells Keyes immediately
(d) Tells the police
4. What does Keyes think is the best way to catch the perpetrator of a crime like this?
(a) Intense questioning
5. What does Phyllis say she'll do one night?
(a) Marry Walter
(b) Join the captain at dinner
(c) Call Lola and apologize
(d) Slip off the stern of the ship
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola ask Walter?
2. What does Walter learn about Mr. Sanchetti?
3. What does Walter do with the item kept in the file?
4. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
5. What action does Phyllis take next?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter's secretary, Nettie, call him at home that morning?
2. What happens after Walter wakes up in the hospital?
3. What realization does Walter come to when he sees Phyllis on board?
4. What precipitates Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
5. What is it that finally makes Walter admit to murdering Nirdlinger?
6. How does Walter's wish to marry Lola show his suspended state of reality?
7. How does Lola react when Walter advises her about not testifying about Phyllis?
8. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
9. Describe Lola's demeanor when she visits Walter at his office a week later.
10. What does Phyllis do after the insurance company denies liability for the accident claim?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)