|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consumes Walter's thoughts after Keyes leaves?
(a) If he will get his sight back
(b) Whether Phyllis will try to kill him
(c) Whether he will ever walk again
(d) How Lola will find out the truth about him
2. What does Walter fantasize about?
(a) Marrying Julie
(b) Marrying Lola
(c) Marrying Phyllis
(d) Marrying Nettie
3. What does Lola confess to Walter one night?
(a) She loves Walter
(b) She killed her mother
(c) She still has feelings for Mr. Sachetti
(d) She has informed on Phyllis
4. What business does Walter have as an offshoot of the insurance business?
(a) Fishing equipment
(b) Gun sales
(c) Finance company
5. What does the nurse give Walter?
(a) A blanket
(b) A pillow
(c) A sponge bath
(d) Ice to suck on
Short Answer Questions
1. Walter thinks Phyllis will be all right if ___________________________.
2. What does Keyes think about the beneficiary in an accident case like this one?
3. How does Lola plan to get the truth out of Phyllis?
4. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
5. What does Walter ask Keyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the news about the murder in the paper the next morning?
2. What are the terms of the deal that Keyes presents to Walter?
3. What shock does Walter get on his second day at sea?
4. How did Sachetti come to be at the site of Walter's shooting that night?
5. What happens after Walter wakes up in the hospital?
6. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
7. What precipitates Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
8. What information about Sachetti does Walter learn from Lola?
9. How does Walter's wish to marry Lola show his suspended state of reality?
10. How does Lola react when Walter advises her about not testifying about Phyllis?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)