|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Walter aware of when he wakes from the anesthesia?
(a) He is gagging
(b) He is paralyzed
(c) He can't see
(d) He is handcuffed
2. How did Lola's mother die?
(a) Heart disease
(c) Car accident
3. Who is Walter shocked to see on board?
4. Who calls Walter at home?
5. Who does Walter want to be implicated in his plan?
(c) Mr. Sanchetti
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola glean from a conversation she hears between Phyllis and Mr. Sanchetti?
2. Who was the woman arrested for shooting Walter?
3. What are Walter's true feelings about Phyllis now?
4. What does Lola confess to Walter one night?
5. What advice does Walter give Phyllis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Keyes tell Walter to get him to start thinking about confessing to Nirdlinger's murder?
2. How did Sachetti come to be at the site of Walter's shooting that night?
3. What is Keyes' position on the accident?
4. What transpires when Keyes returns to Walter's hospital room later that night?
5. What reinforces Lola's love for Sachetti?
6. What shock does Walter get on his second day at sea?
7. How does Lola react when Walter advises her about not testifying about Phyllis?
8. What happens after Walter wakes up in the hospital?
9. What realization does Walter come to when he sees Phyllis on board?
10. What does Phyllis do after the insurance company denies liability for the accident claim?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)