|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse give Walter?
(a) A pillow
(b) A blanket
(c) A sponge bath
(d) Ice to suck on
2. Who accompanies Keyes when he visits Walter later that night?
(a) Lola and Mr. Sanchetti
(b) Phyllis and Lola
(c) Mr. Norton and two lawyers
(d) Mr. Norton and Phyllis
3. What does Keyes tell Walter about Lola?
(a) She has admitted to the murders of her father and mother
(b) She has killed Phyllis
(c) She thought Mr. Sanchetti shot Walter out of jealousy
(d) She has killed Mr. Sanchetti
4. What information does Walter find in Keyes' office?
(a) Keyes thinks Walter is guilty
(b) Keyes is dropping the investigation
(c) Keyes wants Walter followed
(d) Keyes thinks Walter is innocent
5. How did Lola's mother die?
(a) Car accident
(b) Heart disease
Short Answer Questions
1. What is following the ship?
2. Who calls Walter at home?
3. What country does Walter see from the deck?
4. Who was the woman arrested for shooting Walter?
5. What does Walter do after resting in his stateroom for a day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What precipitates Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
2. What suspicious information does Lola give to Walter?
3. What is the news about the murder in the paper the next morning?
4. What is it that finally makes Walter admit to murdering Nirdlinger?
5. What does Phyllis do after the insurance company denies liability for the accident claim?
6. What reinforces Lola's love for Sachetti?
7. How does Walter's wish to marry Lola show his suspended state of reality?
8. What are the preliminary investigative results about the case?
9. What is Walter's main concern after he tells Keyes about killing Nirdlinger?
10. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)