|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was apprehended for trying to get Walter out of Mr. Sanchetti's car?
(a) Mr. Sanchetti
2. What business does Walter have as an offshoot of the insurance business?
(a) Fishing equipment
(c) Gun sales
(d) Finance company
3. How does Walter find out about his shooting?
(a) Two nurses talking
(b) Keyes making a phone call
(c) A newspaper account
(d) A doctor telling a nurse
4. Walter thinks Phyllis will be all right if ___________________________.
(a) Lola doesn't squeal on her
(b) Keyes can't find any more dirt on her
(c) She sticks to her story
(d) She remains in love with him
5. Who has been Phyllis' regular visitor?
(b) Mr. Johnson
(c) Mr. Hall
(d) Mr. Sanchetti
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keyes tell Walter about Lola?
2. Where is Lola living now?
3. What does Keyes tell Walter probably saved his life?
4. What does Phyllis say she'll do one night?
5. Who has been interviewing everyone on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
2. Describe Lola's demeanor when she visits Walter at his office a week later.
3. What reinforces Lola's love for Sachetti?
4. What surprising information does Walter get from reading the newspaper account of his accident?
5. How did Sachetti come to be at the site of Walter's shooting that night?
6. What is Keyes' position on the accident?
7. What is the news about the murder in the paper the next morning?
8. What transpires when Keyes returns to Walter's hospital room later that night?
9. What precipitates Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
10. What are the preliminary investigative results about the case?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)