|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keyes say will happen to Lola?
(a) She will go to prison for the rest of her life
(b) She will go free because of her age
(c) The police will work her over and she'll spill the secret
(d) She'll spend the night in jail and be released tomorrow
2. What does Walter learn about Mr. Sanchetti?
(a) He and Lola have escaped
(b) He has been divorced three times
(c) He pretended to fall in love with Phyllis to get incriminating evidence against her
(d) He has already married Phyllis
3. How did Lola's mother die?
(b) Heart disease
(d) Car accident
4. Why had Mr. Sanchetti suspected Phyllis was up to something the night his car was stolen?
(a) She had been asking detailed questions about Griffith Park
(b) She bought a new wardrobe
(c) She got a new hairstyle
(d) She bought a one-way airline ticket
5. Who was apprehended for trying to get Walter out of Mr. Sanchetti's car?
(d) Mr. Sanchetti
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose efforts got Walter to the hospital?
2. Who does Walter want to be implicated in his plan?
3. What else are the investigators waiting on?
4. Who is Walter shocked to see on board?
5. What does Walter realize when he sees Phyllis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What precipitates Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
2. What are the preliminary investigative results about the case?
3. What reinforces Lola's love for Sachetti?
4. What are the terms of the deal that Keyes presents to Walter?
5. How does Walter's wish to marry Lola show his suspended state of reality?
6. How did Sachetti come to be at the site of Walter's shooting that night?
7. What is Walter's main concern after he tells Keyes about killing Nirdlinger?
8. What transpires when Keyes returns to Walter's hospital room later that night?
9. Describe Lola's demeanor when she visits Walter at his office a week later.
10. What realization does Walter come to when he sees Phyllis on board?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)