|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter learn about Mr. Sanchetti?
(a) He and Lola have escaped
(b) He pretended to fall in love with Phyllis to get incriminating evidence against her
(c) He has been divorced three times
(d) He has already married Phyllis
2. Who calls Walter at home?
3. What does Walter do the following morning?
(a) Has a leisurely breakfast
(b) Goes back to sleep until noon
(c) Checks the paper for news of Nirdlinger's death
(d) Calls in sick
4. Who rules the death an accident?
(a) The insurance investigators
(b) The police detectives
(c) The coroner
(d) The F.B.I.
5. Who else is in the hospital room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What behavior has Lola been doing lately?
2. What is following the ship?
3. What does Walter do after getting his ticket from Keyes?
4. What advice does Walter give Phyllis?
5. What else are the investigators waiting on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Keyes' position on the accident?
2. What happens on the night that Walter plans to kill Phyllis?
3. What reinforces Lola's love for Sachetti?
4. What are the terms of the deal that Keyes presents to Walter?
5. What surprising information does Walter get from reading the newspaper account of his accident?
6. What are the details of Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
7. What does Keyes tell Walter to get him to start thinking about confessing to Nirdlinger's murder?
8. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
9. What realization does Walter come to when he sees Phyllis on board?
10. Why does Walter's secretary, Nettie, call him at home that morning?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)