|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the woman arrested for shooting Walter?
2. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
(a) The guilt is making him sick
(b) He wants a new career
(c) He wants revenge on Phyllis
(d) The fear of losing Lola
3. What information does Walter find in Keyes' office?
(a) Keyes thinks Walter is guilty
(b) Keyes is dropping the investigation
(c) Keyes thinks Walter is innocent
(d) Keyes wants Walter followed
4. How did Lola's mother die?
(a) Heart disease
(b) Car accident
5. Why had Mr. Sanchetti suspected Phyllis was up to something the night his car was stolen?
(a) She bought a new wardrobe
(b) She had been asking detailed questions about Griffith Park
(c) She bought a one-way airline ticket
(d) She got a new hairstyle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter ask Keyes?
2. Who has been Phyllis' regular visitor?
3. Who is Walter dating during this time?
4. Who is Walter shocked to see on board?
5. What does the answer to #100 want to know?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lola's demeanor when she visits Walter at his office a week later.
2. What information about Sachetti does Walter learn from Lola?
3. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
4. How does Lola react when Walter advises her about not testifying about Phyllis?
5. What do Walter and Phyllis do after they realize that their fate is sealed?
6. What is it that finally makes Walter admit to murdering Nirdlinger?
7. What is the symbolism of the moon at the end of the story?
8. What does Keyes tell Walter to get him to start thinking about confessing to Nirdlinger's murder?
9. What is Walter's main concern after he tells Keyes about killing Nirdlinger?
10. What shock does Walter get on his second day at sea?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)