|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter ask Keyes?
(a) If he is going to live
(b) If he is paralyzed
(c) If they got the woman and the bullet
(d) If Lola has visited yet
2. Who rules the death an accident?
(a) The police detectives
(b) The F.B.I.
(c) The insurance investigators
(d) The coroner
3. How did Lola's mother die?
(b) Heart disease
(d) Car accident
4. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
(a) Phyllis' accomplice has shown up five nights in a week
(b) Walter has been put on suspension
(c) The Nirdlinger case is still under criminal investigation
(d) The insurance company is going to pay the Nirdlinger claim in full
5. What does Walter fantasize about?
(a) Marrying Lola
(b) Marrying Julie
(c) Marrying Nettie
(d) Marrying Phyllis
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had been Lola's mother's companion at the time of her death?
2. What has Lola's vow made Walter decide to do?
3. What does Lola tell Walter when he takes her out to dinner?
4. What does Lola glean from a conversation she hears between Phyllis and Mr. Sanchetti?
5. Where is Lola living now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the preliminary investigative results about the case?
2. What is it that finally makes Walter admit to murdering Nirdlinger?
3. How does Lola react when Walter advises her about not testifying about Phyllis?
4. What is Walter's main concern after he tells Keyes about killing Nirdlinger?
5. What is Keyes' position on the accident?
6. What are the details of Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
7. What shock does Walter get on his second day at sea?
8. What is the news about the murder in the paper the next morning?
9. What do Walter and Phyllis do after they realize that their fate is sealed?
10. What happens after Walter wakes up in the hospital?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)