|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keyes tell Walter about Lola?
(a) She has killed Phyllis
(b) She has admitted to the murders of her father and mother
(c) She thought Mr. Sanchetti shot Walter out of jealousy
(d) She has killed Mr. Sanchetti
2. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
(a) The fear of losing Lola
(b) The guilt is making him sick
(c) He wants revenge on Phyllis
(d) He wants a new career
3. What does Keyes want Walter to give him which needs to be signed by a notary public?
(a) His will
(b) His Power of Attorney
(c) His auto title
(d) A full confession
4. Who visits Walter at his office a week later?
(a) His banker
(c) Mr. Sachetti
5. How does Lola plan to get the truth out of Phyllis?
(a) Record her confession
(b) Make a scene in the courtroom
(c) Tell her that Mr. Sanchetti loves Lola
(d) Let the police eavesdrop
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter have in a file at his company?
2. What does Walter do after resting in his stateroom for a day?
3. What does Walter tell Keyes when he fears for Lola's safety?
4. Who has been interviewing everyone on the train?
5. What does Walter realize when he sees Phyllis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Walter come to when he sees Phyllis on board?
2. What is the symbolism of the moon at the end of the story?
3. What is it that finally makes Walter admit to murdering Nirdlinger?
4. What suspicious information does Lola give to Walter?
5. Why does Walter's secretary, Nettie, call him at home that morning?
6. What does Phyllis do after the insurance company denies liability for the accident claim?
7. What is Keyes' position on the accident?
8. What does Keyes tell Walter to get him to start thinking about confessing to Nirdlinger's murder?
9. What surprising information does Walter get from reading the newspaper account of his accident?
10. What shock does Walter get on his second day at sea?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)