|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Phyllis take next?
(a) Has her lawyer file a suit to enforce payment
(b) Marries her secret lover
(c) Leaves the country for good
(d) Goes on an extended vacation
2. Who is Walter shocked to see on board?
3. What does Walter say is the only reason he has confessed to Nirdlinger's murder?
(a) So Lola will love him again
(b) So he can die with a clear conscience
(c) So the police won't beat Lola
(d) So Phyllis will be punished too
4. What happens when Phyllis files her claim for payment?
(a) The insurance company has her arrested
(b) The insurance company denies liability
(c) A messenger delivers her check that afternoon
(d) She gets a check the following week
5. How is Nirdlinger's death reported?
(a) As an accident
(b) As a murder
(c) As a mob hit
(d) As a suicide
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Walter and Phyllis?
2. What does Keyes tell Walter about Lola?
3. What behavior has Lola been doing lately?
4. What does Walter learn about Mr. Sanchetti?
5. What information does Walter find in Keyes' office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the terms of the deal that Keyes presents to Walter?
2. What are the details of Walter's plan to kill Phyllis?
3. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
4. How did Sachetti come to be at the site of Walter's shooting that night?
5. What does Lola tell Walter about Sachetti that makes him suspicious?
6. What happens after Walter wakes up in the hospital?
7. What reinforces Lola's love for Sachetti?
8. What are the preliminary investigative results about the case?
9. What suspicious information does Lola give to Walter?
10. What surprising information does Walter get from reading the newspaper account of his accident?
This section contains 1,327 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)