|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consumes Walter's thoughts after Keyes leaves?
(a) How Lola will find out the truth about him
(b) Whether he will ever walk again
(c) If he will get his sight back
(d) Whether Phyllis will try to kill him
2. What confuses Walter about Phyllis?
(a) How she can be so sweet in light of all the horrible things she has done
(b) Why she chose him to do the murder
(c) Why she ever married Nirdlinger in the first place
(d) Why she thought the murder would work
3. Walter thinks Phyllis will be all right if ___________________________.
(a) Lola doesn't squeal on her
(b) Keyes can't find any more dirt on her
(c) She remains in love with him
(d) She sticks to her story
4. Who was apprehended for trying to get Walter out of Mr. Sanchetti's car?
(b) Mr. Sanchetti
5. Who does not believe that Nirdlinger committed suicide?
6. What is Mr. Sanchetti's current situation?
(a) He has just landed a great entry level job
(b) He has just finished his engineering degree
(c) He doesn't have his degree and needs money
(d) He has inherited money from his father
7. Who does Walter want to be implicated in his plan?
(a) Mr. Sanchetti
8. What does Lola tell Walter when he takes her out to dinner?
(a) She is going to the police with the information she has
(b) She needs sleeping pills to get any rest
(c) She is ready to recant what she had told him about Phyllis' part in her mother's death
(d) She is going to grief counseling
9. What does Walter do after resting in his stateroom for a day?
(a) Takes mambo lessons
(b) Relaxes in a deck chair
(c) Reads a book
(d) Plays shuffleboard
10. How does Lola plan to get the truth out of Phyllis?
(a) Let the police eavesdrop
(b) Record her confession
(c) Tell her that Mr. Sanchetti loves Lola
(d) Make a scene in the courtroom
11. Why is Keyes excited now?
(a) He is getting a big promotion
(b) The arrest of Lola and Mr. Sanchetti ties up the Nirdlinger case
(c) His wife is having a baby
(d) Walter is going to live
12. What does Walter realize when he sees Phyllis?
(a) He cannot stand her
(b) He would kill for her all over again
(c) He still loves her
(d) Keyes has set them up
13. How did Lola's mother die?
(a) Car accident
(c) Heart disease
14. What has Lola's vow made Walter decide to do?
(a) Kill Phyllis
(b) Leave town immediately
(c) Kill Lola
(d) Threaten Mr. Sanchetti
15. What did Mr. Sanchetti witness at Griffith Park?
(a) A couple making love
(b) Walter getting shot
(c) A man getting mugged
(d) A man beating a woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Walter see from the deck?
2. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
3. What is following the ship?
4. What behavior has Lola been doing lately?
5. What does Keyes want Walter to give him which needs to be signed by a notary public?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)