|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
(a) The insurance company is going to pay the Nirdlinger claim in full
(b) The Nirdlinger case is still under criminal investigation
(c) Phyllis' accomplice has shown up five nights in a week
(d) Walter has been put on suspension
2. What is following the ship?
(a) A Coast Guard ship
(b) A shark
(c) A dolphin
(d) A schooner
3. Where was Lola's mother when she died?
4. What does Walter realize when he sees Phyllis?
(a) He still loves her
(b) He would kill for her all over again
(c) Keyes has set them up
(d) He cannot stand her
5. What does Keyes tell Walter probably saved his life?
(a) A group of kids
(b) A passing policeman
(c) A wadded up theater program in his pocket
(d) A vagrant in the park
6. What does the nurse give Walter?
(a) Ice to suck on
(b) A blanket
(c) A pillow
(d) A sponge bath
7. What does Walter ask Keyes?
(a) If they got the woman and the bullet
(b) If Lola has visited yet
(c) If he is paralyzed
(d) If he is going to live
8. What does Keyes think about the beneficiary in an accident case like this one?
(a) He/she is overwhelmed with grief
(b) He/she has probably left town for awhile
(c) He/she is suspicious
(d) He/she will probably kill again
9. What does Walter see while he waits for Phyllis in a grove?
(a) Some vagrants
(b) Police patrolling
(c) A flash of light
(d) Lovers in an embrace
10. What does Walter have in a file at his company?
(a) A key to Mr. Sanchetti's car
(b) A recording of Phyllis and him
(c) A taped recording of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti
(d) A photo of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti together
11. What did Mr. Sanchetti witness at Griffith Park?
(a) A couple making love
(b) A man beating a woman
(c) A man getting mugged
(d) Walter getting shot
12. Why is Keyes excited now?
(a) Walter is going to live
(b) His wife is having a baby
(c) He is getting a big promotion
(d) The arrest of Lola and Mr. Sanchetti ties up the Nirdlinger case
13. What are Walter's true feelings about Phyllis now?
(a) He is still in love with her and can't wait until they can be together
(b) He loves her but knows she does not love him
(c) He hopes she moves away and lets him alone
(d) He can't stand to even hear her voice
14. What action does Phyllis take next?
(a) Leaves the country for good
(b) Marries her secret lover
(c) Goes on an extended vacation
(d) Has her lawyer file a suit to enforce payment
15. Whose efforts got Walter to the hospital?
(d) Mr. Sanchetti
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keyes think is the best way to catch the perpetrator of a crime like this?
2. What advice does Walter give Phyllis?
3. Who does not believe that Nirdlinger committed suicide?
4. What does Phyllis say she'll do one night?
5. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)