|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phyllis say is printed in the ship's paper?
(a) The ship's itinerary
(b) Walter and Lola's engagement picture
(c) News of Walter's trip
(d) News of Lola and Mr. Sachetti's marriage
2. What does the answer to #100 want to know?
(a) If Walter has ever been to Palo Alto
(b) The details of Nirdlinger's insurance policy
(c) Where Walter was last night
(d) Why Walter loaned money to Lola's boyfriend
3. What does Keyes tell Walter probably saved his life?
(a) A group of kids
(b) A passing policeman
(c) A vagrant in the park
(d) A wadded up theater program in his pocket
4. What else are the investigators waiting on?
(a) Phyllis' statement
(b) A coroner's report
(c) Lola's statement
(d) Walter's statement
5. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
(a) The insurance company is going to pay the Nirdlinger claim in full
(b) Walter has been put on suspension
(c) Phyllis' accomplice has shown up five nights in a week
(d) The Nirdlinger case is still under criminal investigation
6. How does Phyllis contact Walter during this time?
(c) Calls from pay phones
(d) Coded letters
7. What did Mr. Sanchetti witness at Griffith Park?
(a) Walter getting shot
(b) A man beating a woman
(c) A man getting mugged
(d) A couple making love
8. What has Lola's vow made Walter decide to do?
(a) Kill Phyllis
(b) Threaten Mr. Sanchetti
(c) Leave town immediately
(d) Kill Lola
9. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
(a) The guilt is making him sick
(b) He wants a new career
(c) He wants revenge on Phyllis
(d) The fear of losing Lola
10. What happens when Phyllis files her claim for payment?
(a) The insurance company has her arrested
(b) The insurance company denies liability
(c) She gets a check the following week
(d) A messenger delivers her check that afternoon
11. What does Lola ask Walter?
(a) If he killed her father
(b) If he still loves Phyllis
(c) If he still loves her
(d) Not to appear agains Mr. Sachetti
12. Where is Lola living now?
(a) With Mr. Sachetti
(b) In a dorm
(c) With a girlfriend
(d) Her own apartment
13. What will Keyes give to Walter?
(a) Half the insurance payout
(b) A steamship ticket to Balboa
(c) The number of a good attorney
(d) His termination papers
14. Where does Phyllis call Walter from so they can talk privately?
(a) A pay phone
(b) A hotel
(c) A bus station
(d) A restaurant
15. Whose efforts got Walter to the hospital?
(a) Mr. Sanchetti
Short Answer Questions
1. What behavior has Lola been doing lately?
2. What does Walter say is the only reason he has confessed to Nirdlinger's murder?
3. What does Phyllis say she'll do one night?
4. What does Walter ask Keyes?
5. What confuses Walter about Phyllis?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)