|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose efforts got Walter to the hospital?
(d) Mr. Sanchetti
2. What else are the investigators waiting on?
(a) Lola's statement
(b) A coroner's report
(c) Walter's statement
(d) Phyllis' statement
3. What does Walter do with the item kept in the file?
(a) Burns it
(b) Throws it away
(c) Makes a copy of it
(d) Buries it
4. Who does not believe that Nirdlinger committed suicide?
5. What does Lola tell Walter when he takes her out to dinner?
(a) She is going to grief counseling
(b) She is going to the police with the information she has
(c) She needs sleeping pills to get any rest
(d) She is ready to recant what she had told him about Phyllis' part in her mother's death
6. Who accompanies Keyes when he visits Walter later that night?
(a) Phyllis and Lola
(b) Mr. Norton and Phyllis
(c) Lola and Mr. Sanchetti
(d) Mr. Norton and two lawyers
7. How did Mr. Sanchetti get to Griffith Park?
(a) He took a cab
(b) He rented a car
(c) He rode a bike
(d) He walked
8. Who is Walter dating during this time?
9. How does Walter find out about his shooting?
(a) Keyes making a phone call
(b) Two nurses talking
(c) A newspaper account
(d) A doctor telling a nurse
10. What happens to Walter and Phyllis?
(a) They get married
(b) They turn themselves in to the captain
(c) They commit suicide
(d) They write their memoirs
11. What does Walter do after getting his ticket from Keyes?
(a) Goes directly to the pier and boards the ship
(b) Goes home to pack a few clothes
(c) Closes up his office
(d) Has his mail forwarded
12. What happens to Walter while waiting in Mr. Sanchetti's car?
(a) He inhales fumes
(b) He recants his story
(c) He is shot
(d) He is mugged
13. Who was apprehended for trying to get Walter out of Mr. Sanchetti's car?
(a) Mr. Sanchetti
14. How is Nirdlinger's death reported?
(a) As a suicide
(b) As a mob hit
(c) As an accident
(d) As a murder
15. What is following the ship?
(a) A schooner
(b) A shark
(c) A Coast Guard ship
(d) A dolphin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is in the hospital room?
2. What is Walter aware of when he wakes from the anesthesia?
3. What does Walter think will happen at Mazatlan?
4. Where was Lola's mother when she died?
5. Walter thinks that he has been made a ___________ by Phyllis.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)