|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Walter at home?
2. What does Walter see while he waits for Phyllis in a grove?
(a) Lovers in an embrace
(b) Police patrolling
(c) A flash of light
(d) Some vagrants
3. Who does not believe that Nirdlinger committed suicide?
4. How is Nirdlinger's death reported?
(a) As a suicide
(b) As a murder
(c) As an accident
(d) As a mob hit
5. What does Keyes tell Walter about Lola?
(a) She has killed Mr. Sanchetti
(b) She thought Mr. Sanchetti shot Walter out of jealousy
(c) She has admitted to the murders of her father and mother
(d) She has killed Phyllis
6. What did Mr. Sanchetti witness at Griffith Park?
(a) A man beating a woman
(b) A man getting mugged
(c) A couple making love
(d) Walter getting shot
7. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
(a) The guilt is making him sick
(b) He wants a new career
(c) He wants revenge on Phyllis
(d) The fear of losing Lola
8. Where is Lola living now?
(a) With a girlfriend
(b) Her own apartment
(c) With Mr. Sachetti
(d) In a dorm
9. Whose efforts got Walter to the hospital?
(b) Mr. Sanchetti
10. Who does Walter have to meet with when he gets to the office?
(a) Mr. Johnson
(b) Mr. Norton
(c) Mr. Keyes
(d) Mr. Hall
11. What does Phyllis say is printed in the ship's paper?
(a) Walter and Lola's engagement picture
(b) News of Lola and Mr. Sachetti's marriage
(c) The ship's itinerary
(d) News of Walter's trip
12. What does Phyllis say she'll do one night?
(a) Slip off the stern of the ship
(b) Marry Walter
(c) Join the captain at dinner
(d) Call Lola and apologize
13. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
(a) The insurance company is going to pay the Nirdlinger claim in full
(b) Walter has been put on suspension
(c) Phyllis' accomplice has shown up five nights in a week
(d) The Nirdlinger case is still under criminal investigation
14. What does Walter do after resting in his stateroom for a day?
(a) Takes mambo lessons
(b) Plays shuffleboard
(c) Reads a book
(d) Relaxes in a deck chair
15. What does Walter tell Keyes when he fears for Lola's safety?
(a) That Lola killed her mother
(b) That Lola planned the whole thing
(c) That he killed Nirdlinger
(d) That Lola was going to implicate Phyllis in her father's murder
Short Answer Questions
1. What consumes Walter's thoughts after Keyes leaves?
2. What is Walter aware of when he wakes from the anesthesia?
3. What happens when Phyllis files her claim for payment?
4. What does Walter learn about Mr. Sanchetti?
5. What does Lola tell Walter when he takes her out to dinner?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)