|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keyes think about the beneficiary in an accident case like this one?
(a) He/she will probably kill again
(b) He/she has probably left town for awhile
(c) He/she is overwhelmed with grief
(d) He/she is suspicious
2. What does Walter do with the item kept in the file?
(a) Buries it
(b) Burns it
(c) Throws it away
(d) Makes a copy of it
3. How did Lola's mother die?
(c) Heart disease
(d) Car accident
4. Who is Walter shocked to see on board?
5. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
(a) Walter has been put on suspension
(b) Phyllis' accomplice has shown up five nights in a week
(c) The insurance company is going to pay the Nirdlinger claim in full
(d) The Nirdlinger case is still under criminal investigation
6. How does Walter find out about his shooting?
(a) Keyes making a phone call
(b) A doctor telling a nurse
(c) A newspaper account
(d) Two nurses talking
7. Where was Lola's mother when she died?
8. What does the answer to #100 want to know?
(a) The details of Nirdlinger's insurance policy
(b) Where Walter was last night
(c) If Walter has ever been to Palo Alto
(d) Why Walter loaned money to Lola's boyfriend
9. Who does Walter have to meet with when he gets to the office?
(a) Mr. Johnson
(b) Mr. Keyes
(c) Mr. Hall
(d) Mr. Norton
10. Who has been interviewing everyone on the train?
(a) Insurance investigators
(b) The F.B.I.
(c) Police detectives
(d) NTSB investigators
11. What does Walter do after resting in his stateroom for a day?
(a) Relaxes in a deck chair
(b) Reads a book
(c) Takes mambo lessons
(d) Plays shuffleboard
12. Who does Walter want to be implicated in his plan?
(b) Mr. Sanchetti
13. What is the one thing that Keyes cannot understand?
(a) What did Walter know that would make Lola and Mr. Sanchetti shoot him
(b) Why Walter was in the park at that hour
(c) What Lola ever saw in Walter
(d) Why some people drink coffee black
14. What is Mr. Sanchetti's current situation?
(a) He has inherited money from his father
(b) He has just finished his engineering degree
(c) He has just landed a great entry level job
(d) He doesn't have his degree and needs money
15. What does Walter see while he waits for Phyllis in a grove?
(a) A flash of light
(b) Some vagrants
(c) Police patrolling
(d) Lovers in an embrace
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not believe that Nirdlinger committed suicide?
2. How does Lola plan to get the truth out of Phyllis?
3. What does Walter tell Keyes when he fears for Lola's safety?
4. What is following the ship?
5. What does Walter ask Keyes?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)