|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Keyes excited now?
(a) The arrest of Lola and Mr. Sanchetti ties up the Nirdlinger case
(b) His wife is having a baby
(c) He is getting a big promotion
(d) Walter is going to live
2. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
(a) He wants a new career
(b) He wants revenge on Phyllis
(c) The fear of losing Lola
(d) The guilt is making him sick
3. How does Phyllis contact Walter during this time?
(a) Coded letters
(c) Calls from pay phones
4. Walter thinks Phyllis will be all right if ___________________________.
(a) She sticks to her story
(b) Keyes can't find any more dirt on her
(c) She remains in love with him
(d) Lola doesn't squeal on her
5. What business does Walter have as an offshoot of the insurance business?
(a) Finance company
(b) Fishing equipment
(c) Gun sales
6. Who does Walter have to meet with when he gets to the office?
(a) Mr. Johnson
(b) Mr. Keyes
(c) Mr. Hall
(d) Mr. Norton
7. What does Phyllis say she'll do one night?
(a) Call Lola and apologize
(b) Join the captain at dinner
(c) Slip off the stern of the ship
(d) Marry Walter
8. How did Lola's mother die?
(a) Car accident
(d) Heart disease
9. Who accompanies Keyes when he visits Walter later that night?
(a) Lola and Mr. Sanchetti
(b) Mr. Norton and Phyllis
(c) Mr. Norton and two lawyers
(d) Phyllis and Lola
10. What does Walter have in a file at his company?
(a) A key to Mr. Sanchetti's car
(b) A photo of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti together
(c) A taped recording of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti
(d) A recording of Phyllis and him
11. How does Lola plan to get the truth out of Phyllis?
(a) Tell her that Mr. Sanchetti loves Lola
(b) Let the police eavesdrop
(c) Record her confession
(d) Make a scene in the courtroom
12. Who was apprehended for trying to get Walter out of Mr. Sanchetti's car?
(d) Mr. Sanchetti
13. What does Walter think will happen at Mazatlan?
(a) They will get married
(b) They will go sightseeing
(c) They will go snorkeling
(d) They will be arrested
14. What does Walter do with the information Lola shared with him?
(a) Tells Keyes immediately
(b) Tells the police
(c) Tells Phyllis
(d) Keeps it to himself
15. What is Walter aware of when he wakes from the anesthesia?
(a) He is handcuffed
(b) He is paralyzed
(c) He can't see
(d) He is gagging
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Walter dating during this time?
2. What does Lola tell Walter?
3. Who was the woman arrested for shooting Walter?
4. Who visits Walter at his office a week later?
5. Where is Lola living now?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)