|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Walter and Phyllis agree on?
(a) They would murder again if they could
(b) They feel guilty about the murder
(c) They both love Lola
(d) There is nothing ahead for them
2. What happens when Phyllis files her claim for payment?
(a) The insurance company has her arrested
(b) She gets a check the following week
(c) A messenger delivers her check that afternoon
(d) The insurance company denies liability
3. What does Walter do with the information Lola shared with him?
(a) Keeps it to himself
(b) Tells Keyes immediately
(c) Tells Phyllis
(d) Tells the police
4. Who was apprehended for trying to get Walter out of Mr. Sanchetti's car?
(b) Mr. Sanchetti
5. Who was the woman arrested for shooting Walter?
6. What does Lola vow to do?
(a) Get Mr. Sanchetti back
(b) Kill Phyllis
(c) Reveal her suspicions about Phyllis to the police
(d) Leave the city for good
7. What business does Walter have as an offshoot of the insurance business?
(a) Gun sales
(c) Fishing equipment
(d) Finance company
8. How does Lola plan to get the truth out of Phyllis?
(a) Let the police eavesdrop
(b) Record her confession
(c) Make a scene in the courtroom
(d) Tell her that Mr. Sanchetti loves Lola
9. What does Walter do the following morning?
(a) Checks the paper for news of Nirdlinger's death
(b) Has a leisurely breakfast
(c) Calls in sick
(d) Goes back to sleep until noon
10. What does Keyes think about the beneficiary in an accident case like this one?
(a) He/she has probably left town for awhile
(b) He/she will probably kill again
(c) He/she is overwhelmed with grief
(d) He/she is suspicious
11. What does Keyes want Walter to give him which needs to be signed by a notary public?
(a) His auto title
(b) A full confession
(c) His will
(d) His Power of Attorney
12. What behavior has Lola been doing lately?
(a) Sleeping most of the day
(b) Taking antidepressants
(c) Following Phyllis and Mr. Sachetti
(d) Drinking too much
13. What does Keyes tell Walter probably saved his life?
(a) A group of kids
(b) A vagrant in the park
(c) A passing policeman
(d) A wadded up theater program in his pocket
14. What does Keyes say will happen to Lola?
(a) The police will work her over and she'll spill the secret
(b) She'll spend the night in jail and be released tomorrow
(c) She will go free because of her age
(d) She will go to prison for the rest of her life
15. What country does Walter see from the deck?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Phyllis contact Walter during this time?
2. From eavesdropping, shy does Lola think Mr. Sanchetti was not involved in her father's death?
3. What does Keyes think is the best way to catch the perpetrator of a crime like this?
4. What does Walter do with the item kept in the file?
5. Who calls Walter at home?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)