|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lola living now?
(a) In a dorm
(b) Her own apartment
(c) With a girlfriend
(d) With Mr. Sachetti
2. How does Lola plan to get the truth out of Phyllis?
(a) Record her confession
(b) Make a scene in the courtroom
(c) Tell her that Mr. Sanchetti loves Lola
(d) Let the police eavesdrop
3. What does Keyes tell Walter about Lola?
(a) She has killed Phyllis
(b) She has killed Mr. Sanchetti
(c) She thought Mr. Sanchetti shot Walter out of jealousy
(d) She has admitted to the murders of her father and mother
4. What does Keyes tell Walter probably saved his life?
(a) A passing policeman
(b) A group of kids
(c) A wadded up theater program in his pocket
(d) A vagrant in the park
5. What is the one thing that Keyes cannot understand?
(a) Why some people drink coffee black
(b) What Lola ever saw in Walter
(c) Why Walter was in the park at that hour
(d) What did Walter know that would make Lola and Mr. Sanchetti shoot him
6. What happens when Phyllis files her claim for payment?
(a) The insurance company has her arrested
(b) A messenger delivers her check that afternoon
(c) The insurance company denies liability
(d) She gets a check the following week
7. What confuses Walter about Phyllis?
(a) Why she chose him to do the murder
(b) Why she thought the murder would work
(c) How she can be so sweet in light of all the horrible things she has done
(d) Why she ever married Nirdlinger in the first place
8. What behavior has Lola been doing lately?
(a) Taking antidepressants
(b) Following Phyllis and Mr. Sachetti
(c) Sleeping most of the day
(d) Drinking too much
9. What does Keyes say will happen to Lola?
(a) She will go free because of her age
(b) The police will work her over and she'll spill the secret
(c) She'll spend the night in jail and be released tomorrow
(d) She will go to prison for the rest of her life
10. What is Mr. Sanchetti's current situation?
(a) He doesn't have his degree and needs money
(b) He has just landed a great entry level job
(c) He has inherited money from his father
(d) He has just finished his engineering degree
11. Who is Walter dating during this time?
12. What does Walter do with the information Lola shared with him?
(a) Tells Keyes immediately
(b) Tells Phyllis
(c) Keeps it to himself
(d) Tells the police
13. What does Walter do with the item kept in the file?
(a) Throws it away
(b) Buries it
(c) Makes a copy of it
(d) Burns it
14. Why had Mr. Sanchetti suspected Phyllis was up to something the night his car was stolen?
(a) She bought a one-way airline ticket
(b) She bought a new wardrobe
(c) She had been asking detailed questions about Griffith Park
(d) She got a new hairstyle
15. Walter thinks Phyllis will be all right if ___________________________.
(a) She remains in love with him
(b) Keyes can't find any more dirt on her
(c) Lola doesn't squeal on her
(d) She sticks to her story
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Walter's plan?
2. How does Walter find out about his shooting?
3. Who visits Walter at his office a week later?
4. Who had been Lola's mother's companion at the time of her death?
5. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)