|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Sanchetti's current situation?
(a) He has just landed a great entry level job
(b) He doesn't have his degree and needs money
(c) He has just finished his engineering degree
(d) He has inherited money from his father
2. What does the nurse give Walter?
(a) Ice to suck on
(b) A blanket
(c) A sponge bath
(d) A pillow
3. How does Phyllis contact Walter during this time?
(a) Calls from pay phones
(d) Coded letters
4. What consumes Walter's thoughts after Keyes leaves?
(a) Whether he will ever walk again
(b) How Lola will find out the truth about him
(c) If he will get his sight back
(d) Whether Phyllis will try to kill him
5. Where was Lola's mother when she died?
6. What does Keyes think is the best way to catch the perpetrator of a crime like this?
(c) Intense questioning
7. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
(a) Walter has been put on suspension
(b) The Nirdlinger case is still under criminal investigation
(c) The insurance company is going to pay the Nirdlinger claim in full
(d) Phyllis' accomplice has shown up five nights in a week
8. What does Keyes say will happen to Lola?
(a) She will go to prison for the rest of her life
(b) She'll spend the night in jail and be released tomorrow
(c) She will go free because of her age
(d) The police will work her over and she'll spill the secret
9. What does Lola confess to Walter one night?
(a) She killed her mother
(b) She loves Walter
(c) She has informed on Phyllis
(d) She still has feelings for Mr. Sachetti
10. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
(a) He wants revenge on Phyllis
(b) He wants a new career
(c) The fear of losing Lola
(d) The guilt is making him sick
11. Where does Phyllis call Walter from so they can talk privately?
(a) A bus station
(b) A restaurant
(c) A hotel
(d) A pay phone
12. Who is Walter shocked to see on board?
13. Who was apprehended for trying to get Walter out of Mr. Sanchetti's car?
(b) Mr. Sanchetti
14. Who does not believe that Nirdlinger committed suicide?
15. What does Walter do after resting in his stateroom for a day?
(a) Plays shuffleboard
(b) Relaxes in a deck chair
(c) Reads a book
(d) Takes mambo lessons
Short Answer Questions
1. What is following the ship?
2. What does Walter fantasize about?
3. What behavior has Lola been doing lately?
4. What does Lola vow to do?
5. Why had Mr. Sanchetti suspected Phyllis was up to something the night his car was stolen?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)