|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keyes want Walter to give him which needs to be signed by a notary public?
(a) His Power of Attorney
(b) His will
(c) A full confession
(d) His auto title
2. What does Walter do after getting his ticket from Keyes?
(a) Closes up his office
(b) Has his mail forwarded
(c) Goes home to pack a few clothes
(d) Goes directly to the pier and boards the ship
3. Why is Keyes excited now?
(a) His wife is having a baby
(b) Walter is going to live
(c) He is getting a big promotion
(d) The arrest of Lola and Mr. Sanchetti ties up the Nirdlinger case
4. How is Nirdlinger's death reported?
(a) As an accident
(b) As a mob hit
(c) As a murder
(d) As a suicide
5. What does Walter have in a file at his company?
(a) A taped recording of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti
(b) A key to Mr. Sanchetti's car
(c) A photo of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti together
(d) A recording of Phyllis and him
6. Who was the woman arrested for shooting Walter?
7. How did Lola's mother die?
(b) Heart disease
(c) Car accident
8. What does Lola ask Walter?
(a) If he killed her father
(b) Not to appear agains Mr. Sachetti
(c) If he still loves her
(d) If he still loves Phyllis
9. What does Lola glean from a conversation she hears between Phyllis and Mr. Sanchetti?
(a) Mr. Sanchetti was not involved in the murder
(b) Mr. Sanchetti is going to marry Phyllis
(c) Mr. Sanchetti still loves Lola
(d) Mr. Sanchetti killed her father
10. What does Keyes tell Walter probably saved his life?
(a) A vagrant in the park
(b) A passing policeman
(c) A group of kids
(d) A wadded up theater program in his pocket
11. What information does Walter find in Keyes' office?
(a) Keyes thinks Walter is innocent
(b) Keyes is dropping the investigation
(c) Keyes wants Walter followed
(d) Keyes thinks Walter is guilty
12. Who rules the death an accident?
(a) The police detectives
(b) The insurance investigators
(c) The coroner
(d) The F.B.I.
13. What does Walter say is the only reason he has confessed to Nirdlinger's murder?
(a) So the police won't beat Lola
(b) So he can die with a clear conscience
(c) So Lola will love him again
(d) So Phyllis will be punished too
14. What advice does Walter give Phyllis?
(a) What to do at trial
(b) How to invest the money
(c) How to act innocent
(d) How to raise Lola
15. From eavesdropping, shy does Lola think Mr. Sanchetti was not involved in her father's death?
(a) He never mentioned money
(b) He is too naive
(c) He does not love Phyllis enough
(d) He would not have the guts to commit murder
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been interviewing everyone on the train?
2. What does the answer to #100 want to know?
3. What happens to Walter and Phyllis?
4. What does Walter think will happen at Mazatlan?
5. Where does Phyllis call Walter from so they can talk privately?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)