|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Walter's true feelings about Phyllis now?
(a) He hopes she moves away and lets him alone
(b) He loves her but knows she does not love him
(c) He can't stand to even hear her voice
(d) He is still in love with her and can't wait until they can be together
2. What business does Walter have as an offshoot of the insurance business?
(a) Finance company
(b) Gun sales
(c) Fishing equipment
3. What does the answer to #100 want to know?
(a) Why Walter loaned money to Lola's boyfriend
(b) The details of Nirdlinger's insurance policy
(c) If Walter has ever been to Palo Alto
(d) Where Walter was last night
4. What does Walter have in a file at his company?
(a) A recording of Phyllis and him
(b) A photo of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti together
(c) A taped recording of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti
(d) A key to Mr. Sanchetti's car
5. What do both Walter and Phyllis agree on?
(a) They both love Lola
(b) They feel guilty about the murder
(c) There is nothing ahead for them
(d) They would murder again if they could
6. What does Walter fantasize about?
(a) Marrying Phyllis
(b) Marrying Nettie
(c) Marrying Lola
(d) Marrying Julie
7. What did Mr. Sanchetti witness at Griffith Park?
(a) A man getting mugged
(b) A man beating a woman
(c) A couple making love
(d) Walter getting shot
8. Whose efforts got Walter to the hospital?
(a) Mr. Sanchetti
9. What happens to Walter and Phyllis?
(a) They commit suicide
(b) They write their memoirs
(c) They turn themselves in to the captain
(d) They get married
10. What country does Walter see from the deck?
11. What does Lola tell Walter?
(a) She has the same feeling she had when her mother died
(b) She is moving out of town
(c) She knows about Walter's role in the murder
(d) She never loved her father
12. What does Keyes think is the best way to catch the perpetrator of a crime like this?
(a) Intense questioning
13. What has Lola's vow made Walter decide to do?
(a) Threaten Mr. Sanchetti
(b) Kill Phyllis
(c) Kill Lola
(d) Leave town immediately
14. What is the one thing that Keyes cannot understand?
(a) What Lola ever saw in Walter
(b) Why Walter was in the park at that hour
(c) What did Walter know that would make Lola and Mr. Sanchetti shoot him
(d) Why some people drink coffee black
15. Who does Walter have to meet with when he gets to the office?
(a) Mr. Johnson
(b) Mr. Keyes
(c) Mr. Hall
(d) Mr. Norton
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter see while he waits for Phyllis in a grove?
2. What confuses Walter about Phyllis?
3. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
4. What is Mr. Sanchetti's current situation?
5. What does Lola glean from a conversation she hears between Phyllis and Mr. Sanchetti?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)