|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter do after resting in his stateroom for a day?
(a) Relaxes in a deck chair
(b) Reads a book
(c) Plays shuffleboard
(d) Takes mambo lessons
2. What does Phyllis say she'll do one night?
(a) Marry Walter
(b) Join the captain at dinner
(c) Call Lola and apologize
(d) Slip off the stern of the ship
3. What is following the ship?
(a) A dolphin
(b) A schooner
(c) A shark
(d) A Coast Guard ship
4. Who does Walter have to meet with when he gets to the office?
(a) Mr. Johnson
(b) Mr. Hall
(c) Mr. Norton
(d) Mr. Keyes
5. From eavesdropping, shy does Lola think Mr. Sanchetti was not involved in her father's death?
(a) He would not have the guts to commit murder
(b) He never mentioned money
(c) He does not love Phyllis enough
(d) He is too naive
6. Who is Walter dating during this time?
7. Who does Walter want to be implicated in his plan?
(b) Mr. Sanchetti
8. What information does Walter find in Keyes' office?
(a) Keyes thinks Walter is innocent
(b) Keyes is dropping the investigation
(c) Keyes wants Walter followed
(d) Keyes thinks Walter is guilty
9. Who rules the death an accident?
(a) The insurance investigators
(b) The coroner
(c) The F.B.I.
(d) The police detectives
10. What does Walter tell Keyes when he fears for Lola's safety?
(a) That Lola killed her mother
(b) That Lola was going to implicate Phyllis in her father's murder
(c) That he killed Nirdlinger
(d) That Lola planned the whole thing
11. What will Keyes give to Walter?
(a) A steamship ticket to Balboa
(b) His termination papers
(c) Half the insurance payout
(d) The number of a good attorney
12. What country does Walter see from the deck?
13. What consumes Walter's thoughts after Keyes leaves?
(a) Whether he will ever walk again
(b) How Lola will find out the truth about him
(c) If he will get his sight back
(d) Whether Phyllis will try to kill him
14. What is Mr. Sanchetti's current situation?
(a) He has just landed a great entry level job
(b) He doesn't have his degree and needs money
(c) He has inherited money from his father
(d) He has just finished his engineering degree
15. Why had Mr. Sanchetti suspected Phyllis was up to something the night his car was stolen?
(a) She got a new hairstyle
(b) She had been asking detailed questions about Griffith Park
(c) She bought a new wardrobe
(d) She bought a one-way airline ticket
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter realize when he sees Phyllis?
2. What does Lola tell Walter when he takes her out to dinner?
3. Who has been interviewing everyone on the train?
4. Walter thinks Phyllis will be all right if ___________________________.
5. How does Walter find out about his shooting?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)