|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that Keyes cannot understand?
(a) What did Walter know that would make Lola and Mr. Sanchetti shoot him
(b) Why Walter was in the park at that hour
(c) What Lola ever saw in Walter
(d) Why some people drink coffee black
2. What does Walter have in a file at his company?
(a) A photo of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti together
(b) A recording of Phyllis and him
(c) A taped recording of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti
(d) A key to Mr. Sanchetti's car
3. What does Keyes tell Walter about Lola?
(a) She has admitted to the murders of her father and mother
(b) She has killed Phyllis
(c) She has killed Mr. Sanchetti
(d) She thought Mr. Sanchetti shot Walter out of jealousy
4. Who had been Lola's mother's companion at the time of her death?
(a) A hospice nurse
(d) Her sister
5. What happens to Walter and Phyllis?
(a) They write their memoirs
(b) They turn themselves in to the captain
(c) They commit suicide
(d) They get married
6. Who accompanies Keyes when he visits Walter later that night?
(a) Mr. Norton and Phyllis
(b) Mr. Norton and two lawyers
(c) Phyllis and Lola
(d) Lola and Mr. Sanchetti
7. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
(a) The insurance company is going to pay the Nirdlinger claim in full
(b) Walter has been put on suspension
(c) The Nirdlinger case is still under criminal investigation
(d) Phyllis' accomplice has shown up five nights in a week
8. Who visits Walter at his office a week later?
(a) His banker
(d) Mr. Sachetti
9. What does Keyes say will happen to Lola?
(a) The police will work her over and she'll spill the secret
(b) She will go to prison for the rest of her life
(c) She'll spend the night in jail and be released tomorrow
(d) She will go free because of her age
10. What happens when Phyllis files her claim for payment?
(a) The insurance company has her arrested
(b) The insurance company denies liability
(c) A messenger delivers her check that afternoon
(d) She gets a check the following week
11. What confuses Walter about Phyllis?
(a) Why she ever married Nirdlinger in the first place
(b) Why she thought the murder would work
(c) Why she chose him to do the murder
(d) How she can be so sweet in light of all the horrible things she has done
12. What does Keyes tell Walter probably saved his life?
(a) A group of kids
(b) A wadded up theater program in his pocket
(c) A passing policeman
(d) A vagrant in the park
13. Who is Walter dating during this time?
14. Whose efforts got Walter to the hospital?
(b) Mr. Sanchetti
15. What did Mr. Sanchetti witness at Griffith Park?
(a) A couple making love
(b) A man getting mugged
(c) A man beating a woman
(d) Walter getting shot
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lola's vow made Walter decide to do?
2. Who has been Phyllis' regular visitor?
3. How did Lola's mother die?
4. What does the answer to #100 want to know?
5. What does Walter do with the item kept in the file?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)