|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Sanchetti's current situation?
(a) He doesn't have his degree and needs money
(b) He has inherited money from his father
(c) He has just landed a great entry level job
(d) He has just finished his engineering degree
2. What consumes Walter's thoughts after Keyes leaves?
(a) How Lola will find out the truth about him
(b) Whether Phyllis will try to kill him
(c) If he will get his sight back
(d) Whether he will ever walk again
3. What information does Walter find in Keyes' office?
(a) Keyes is dropping the investigation
(b) Keyes thinks Walter is guilty
(c) Keyes thinks Walter is innocent
(d) Keyes wants Walter followed
4. What does Walter do with the item kept in the file?
(a) Buries it
(b) Throws it away
(c) Makes a copy of it
(d) Burns it
5. What does Walter tell Keyes when he fears for Lola's safety?
(a) That Lola was going to implicate Phyllis in her father's murder
(b) That he killed Nirdlinger
(c) That Lola planned the whole thing
(d) That Lola killed her mother
6. What does Lola tell Walter when he takes her out to dinner?
(a) She is going to the police with the information she has
(b) She is going to grief counseling
(c) She needs sleeping pills to get any rest
(d) She is ready to recant what she had told him about Phyllis' part in her mother's death
7. What is Walter aware of when he wakes from the anesthesia?
(a) He is paralyzed
(b) He is gagging
(c) He can't see
(d) He is handcuffed
8. Who has been interviewing everyone on the train?
(a) Insurance investigators
(b) The F.B.I.
(c) Police detectives
(d) NTSB investigators
9. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
(a) He wants revenge on Phyllis
(b) The fear of losing Lola
(c) The guilt is making him sick
(d) He wants a new career
10. What does Walter do after resting in his stateroom for a day?
(a) Plays shuffleboard
(b) Relaxes in a deck chair
(c) Takes mambo lessons
(d) Reads a book
11. What does Keyes want Walter to give him which needs to be signed by a notary public?
(a) His Power of Attorney
(b) His auto title
(c) A full confession
(d) His will
12. What does Walter fantasize about?
(a) Marrying Phyllis
(b) Marrying Nettie
(c) Marrying Julie
(d) Marrying Lola
13. What does Keyes say will happen to Lola?
(a) The police will work her over and she'll spill the secret
(b) She will go to prison for the rest of her life
(c) She will go free because of her age
(d) She'll spend the night in jail and be released tomorrow
14. What does Walter have in a file at his company?
(a) A key to Mr. Sanchetti's car
(b) A photo of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti together
(c) A recording of Phyllis and him
(d) A taped recording of Phyliss and Mr. Sanchetti
15. Who else is in the hospital room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
2. Whose efforts got Walter to the hospital?
3. What did Mr. Sanchetti witness at Griffith Park?
4. What confuses Walter about Phyllis?
5. What does Keyes think is the best way to catch the perpetrator of a crime like this?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)