|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else is in the hospital room?
2. What is Mr. Sanchetti's current situation?
(a) He has just landed a great entry level job
(b) He has just finished his engineering degree
(c) He doesn't have his degree and needs money
(d) He has inherited money from his father
3. Whose efforts got Walter to the hospital?
(a) Mr. Sanchetti
4. What does Walter realize when he sees Phyllis?
(a) He still loves her
(b) Keyes has set them up
(c) He cannot stand her
(d) He would kill for her all over again
5. What does Lola glean from a conversation she hears between Phyllis and Mr. Sanchetti?
(a) Mr. Sanchetti was not involved in the murder
(b) Mr. Sanchetti killed her father
(c) Mr. Sanchetti still loves Lola
(d) Mr. Sanchetti is going to marry Phyllis
6. Who has been interviewing everyone on the train?
(a) Police detectives
(b) Insurance investigators
(c) NTSB investigators
(d) The F.B.I.
7. What does Phyllis say is printed in the ship's paper?
(a) News of Walter's trip
(b) Walter and Lola's engagement picture
(c) News of Lola and Mr. Sachetti's marriage
(d) The ship's itinerary
8. What did Mr. Sanchetti witness at Griffith Park?
(a) Walter getting shot
(b) A man getting mugged
(c) A man beating a woman
(d) A couple making love
9. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
(a) Phyllis' accomplice has shown up five nights in a week
(b) Walter has been put on suspension
(c) The insurance company is going to pay the Nirdlinger claim in full
(d) The Nirdlinger case is still under criminal investigation
10. Who does not believe that Nirdlinger committed suicide?
11. Who was apprehended for trying to get Walter out of Mr. Sanchetti's car?
(b) Mr. Sanchetti
12. Who calls Walter at home?
13. Who is Walter dating during this time?
14. What does Phyllis say she'll do one night?
(a) Slip off the stern of the ship
(b) Join the captain at dinner
(c) Marry Walter
(d) Call Lola and apologize
15. What advice does Walter give Phyllis?
(a) How to act innocent
(b) How to invest the money
(c) What to do at trial
(d) How to raise Lola
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter say is the only reason he has confessed to Nirdlinger's murder?
2. What does Keyes think about the beneficiary in an accident case like this one?
3. How does Walter find out about his shooting?
4. Where does Phyllis call Walter from so they can talk privately?
5. What does Lola ask Walter?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)