|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lola glean from a conversation she hears between Phyllis and Mr. Sanchetti?
(a) Mr. Sanchetti killed her father
(b) Mr. Sanchetti was not involved in the murder
(c) Mr. Sanchetti is going to marry Phyllis
(d) Mr. Sanchetti still loves Lola
2. What happens when Phyllis files her claim for payment?
(a) The insurance company has her arrested
(b) The insurance company denies liability
(c) She gets a check the following week
(d) A messenger delivers her check that afternoon
3. What does Walter ask Keyes?
(a) If Lola has visited yet
(b) If he is going to live
(c) If they got the woman and the bullet
(d) If he is paralyzed
4. What does Phyllis say is printed in the ship's paper?
(a) News of Walter's trip
(b) News of Lola and Mr. Sachetti's marriage
(c) The ship's itinerary
(d) Walter and Lola's engagement picture
5. Who accompanies Keyes when he visits Walter later that night?
(a) Mr. Norton and two lawyers
(b) Phyllis and Lola
(c) Mr. Norton and Phyllis
(d) Lola and Mr. Sanchetti
6. What is Walter's plan?
(a) Tell Keyes that Mr. Sanchetti killed Mr. Nirdlinger
(b) Take Lola and leave the country
(c) Tell the police that Mr. Sanchetti killed Mr. Nirdlinger
(d) Steal Mr. Sanchetti's car and send it over a cliff with Phyllis in it
7. How is Nirdlinger's death reported?
(a) As an accident
(b) As a suicide
(c) As a murder
(d) As a mob hit
8. Who else is in the hospital room?
9. What is Walter aware of when he wakes from the anesthesia?
(a) He can't see
(b) He is gagging
(c) He is paralyzed
(d) He is handcuffed
10. Where is Lola living now?
(a) With a girlfriend
(b) With Mr. Sachetti
(c) In a dorm
(d) Her own apartment
11. What does Walter do after getting his ticket from Keyes?
(a) Goes directly to the pier and boards the ship
(b) Has his mail forwarded
(c) Closes up his office
(d) Goes home to pack a few clothes
12. What is following the ship?
(a) A shark
(b) A dolphin
(c) A schooner
(d) A Coast Guard ship
13. How does Walter find out about his shooting?
(a) A newspaper account
(b) Two nurses talking
(c) Keyes making a phone call
(d) A doctor telling a nurse
14. What does Keyes tell Walter probably saved his life?
(a) A wadded up theater program in his pocket
(b) A passing policeman
(c) A vagrant in the park
(d) A group of kids
15. What happens to Walter and Phyllis?
(a) They commit suicide
(b) They write their memoirs
(c) They turn themselves in to the captain
(d) They get married
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Walter find in Keyes' office?
2. Who has been Phyllis' regular visitor?
3. What has Lola's vow made Walter decide to do?
4. What did Mr. Sanchetti witness at Griffith Park?
5. Who does not believe that Nirdlinger committed suicide?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)