|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Walter's plan?
(a) Tell Keyes that Mr. Sanchetti killed Mr. Nirdlinger
(b) Tell the police that Mr. Sanchetti killed Mr. Nirdlinger
(c) Take Lola and leave the country
(d) Steal Mr. Sanchetti's car and send it over a cliff with Phyllis in it
2. What does Keyes say will happen to Lola?
(a) She will go to prison for the rest of her life
(b) She'll spend the night in jail and be released tomorrow
(c) She will go free because of her age
(d) The police will work her over and she'll spill the secret
3. Walter thinks that he has been made a ___________ by Phyllis.
4. Who is Walter dating during this time?
5. What consumes Walter's thoughts after Keyes leaves?
(a) Whether he will ever walk again
(b) If he will get his sight back
(c) Whether Phyllis will try to kill him
(d) How Lola will find out the truth about him
6. What does Keyes tell Walter about Lola?
(a) She has killed Mr. Sanchetti
(b) She has admitted to the murders of her father and mother
(c) She thought Mr. Sanchetti shot Walter out of jealousy
(d) She has killed Phyllis
7. How did Mr. Sanchetti get to Griffith Park?
(a) He walked
(b) He rented a car
(c) He took a cab
(d) He rode a bike
8. Who calls Walter at home?
9. What does Keyes tell Walter probably saved his life?
(a) A vagrant in the park
(b) A passing policeman
(c) A group of kids
(d) A wadded up theater program in his pocket
10. What is Walter aware of when he wakes from the anesthesia?
(a) He is paralyzed
(b) He is gagging
(c) He is handcuffed
(d) He can't see
11. What does Walter ask Keyes?
(a) If they got the woman and the bullet
(b) If he is paralyzed
(c) If Lola has visited yet
(d) If he is going to live
12. What business does Walter have as an offshoot of the insurance business?
(a) Finance company
(b) Fishing equipment
(d) Gun sales
13. What does Walter see while he waits for Phyllis in a grove?
(a) A flash of light
(b) Police patrolling
(c) Some vagrants
(d) Lovers in an embrace
14. What does Lola confess to Walter one night?
(a) She killed her mother
(b) She loves Walter
(c) She has informed on Phyllis
(d) She still has feelings for Mr. Sachetti
15. What does Lola tell Walter when he takes her out to dinner?
(a) She needs sleeping pills to get any rest
(b) She is going to the police with the information she has
(c) She is ready to recant what she had told him about Phyllis' part in her mother's death
(d) She is going to grief counseling
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is in the hospital room?
2. Walter thinks Phyllis will be all right if ___________________________.
3. Who does Walter want to be implicated in his plan?
4. What does Walter do with the information Lola shared with him?
5. Where is Lola living now?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)