|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter see while he waits for Phyllis in a grove?
(a) Police patrolling
(b) Lovers in an embrace
(c) A flash of light
(d) Some vagrants
2. What does Walter fantasize about?
(a) Marrying Lola
(b) Marrying Phyllis
(c) Marrying Nettie
(d) Marrying Julie
3. What does Lola vow to do?
(a) Get Mr. Sanchetti back
(b) Reveal her suspicions about Phyllis to the police
(c) Leave the city for good
(d) Kill Phyllis
4. Walter thinks that he has been made a ___________ by Phyllis.
5. What else are the investigators waiting on?
(a) Walter's statement
(b) A coroner's report
(c) Phyllis' statement
(d) Lola's statement
6. What is Walter aware of when he wakes from the anesthesia?
(a) He is gagging
(b) He can't see
(c) He is paralyzed
(d) He is handcuffed
7. What is the one thing that Keyes cannot understand?
(a) Why Walter was in the park at that hour
(b) What Lola ever saw in Walter
(c) Why some people drink coffee black
(d) What did Walter know that would make Lola and Mr. Sanchetti shoot him
8. What does Walter do after resting in his stateroom for a day?
(a) Takes mambo lessons
(b) Plays shuffleboard
(c) Relaxes in a deck chair
(d) Reads a book
9. What consumes Walter's thoughts after Keyes leaves?
(a) If he will get his sight back
(b) Whether Phyllis will try to kill him
(c) How Lola will find out the truth about him
(d) Whether he will ever walk again
10. How does Lola plan to get the truth out of Phyllis?
(a) Tell her that Mr. Sanchetti loves Lola
(b) Record her confession
(c) Let the police eavesdrop
(d) Make a scene in the courtroom
11. What action does Phyllis take next?
(a) Goes on an extended vacation
(b) Leaves the country for good
(c) Has her lawyer file a suit to enforce payment
(d) Marries her secret lover
12. What does Walter say is the only reason he has confessed to Nirdlinger's murder?
(a) So he can die with a clear conscience
(b) So Lola will love him again
(c) So Phyllis will be punished too
(d) So the police won't beat Lola
13. Where is Lola living now?
(a) With Mr. Sachetti
(b) Her own apartment
(c) With a girlfriend
(d) In a dorm
14. How does Walter find out about his shooting?
(a) Two nurses talking
(b) A newspaper account
(c) A doctor telling a nurse
(d) Keyes making a phone call
15. Who accompanies Keyes when he visits Walter later that night?
(a) Phyllis and Lola
(b) Mr. Norton and Phyllis
(c) Lola and Mr. Sanchetti
(d) Mr. Norton and two lawyers
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Walter and Phyllis?
2. Walter thinks Phyllis will be all right if ___________________________.
3. How is Nirdlinger's death reported?
4. How did Lola's mother die?
5. Who is Walter shocked to see on board?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)