|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else drives Walter to make his decision?
(a) He wants revenge on Phyllis
(b) He wants a new career
(c) The fear of losing Lola
(d) The guilt is making him sick
2. What action does Phyllis take next?
(a) Goes on an extended vacation
(b) Marries her secret lover
(c) Has her lawyer file a suit to enforce payment
(d) Leaves the country for good
3. What did Mr. Sanchetti witness at Griffith Park?
(a) A couple making love
(b) Walter getting shot
(c) A man getting mugged
(d) A man beating a woman
4. What does Phyllis say she'll do one night?
(a) Join the captain at dinner
(b) Slip off the stern of the ship
(c) Marry Walter
(d) Call Lola and apologize
5. Who else is in the hospital room?
6. What do both Walter and Phyllis agree on?
(a) They would murder again if they could
(b) They feel guilty about the murder
(c) There is nothing ahead for them
(d) They both love Lola
7. What happens to Walter and Phyllis?
(a) They write their memoirs
(b) They turn themselves in to the captain
(c) They commit suicide
(d) They get married
8. What information does Keyes share with Walter?
(a) The insurance company is going to pay the Nirdlinger claim in full
(b) Phyllis' accomplice has shown up five nights in a week
(c) The Nirdlinger case is still under criminal investigation
(d) Walter has been put on suspension
9. What does Lola tell Walter when he takes her out to dinner?
(a) She needs sleeping pills to get any rest
(b) She is going to grief counseling
(c) She is ready to recant what she had told him about Phyllis' part in her mother's death
(d) She is going to the police with the information she has
10. From eavesdropping, shy does Lola think Mr. Sanchetti was not involved in her father's death?
(a) He would not have the guts to commit murder
(b) He is too naive
(c) He does not love Phyllis enough
(d) He never mentioned money
11. What advice does Walter give Phyllis?
(a) How to raise Lola
(b) How to invest the money
(c) What to do at trial
(d) How to act innocent
12. What will Keyes give to Walter?
(a) A steamship ticket to Balboa
(b) His termination papers
(c) Half the insurance payout
(d) The number of a good attorney
13. What does Keyes think about the beneficiary in an accident case like this one?
(a) He/she has probably left town for awhile
(b) He/she will probably kill again
(c) He/she is overwhelmed with grief
(d) He/she is suspicious
14. Who is Walter dating during this time?
15. What does Walter do the following morning?
(a) Has a leisurely breakfast
(b) Goes back to sleep until noon
(c) Calls in sick
(d) Checks the paper for news of Nirdlinger's death
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Phyllis call Walter from so they can talk privately?
2. Who accompanies Keyes when he visits Walter later that night?
3. What does Lola confess to Walter one night?
4. What has Lola's vow made Walter decide to do?
5. What does Walter ask Keyes?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)