|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Walter want to be implicated in his plan?
(d) Mr. Sanchetti
2. What does the answer to #100 want to know?
(a) If Walter has ever been to Palo Alto
(b) Where Walter was last night
(c) The details of Nirdlinger's insurance policy
(d) Why Walter loaned money to Lola's boyfriend
3. Why is Keyes excited now?
(a) Walter is going to live
(b) The arrest of Lola and Mr. Sanchetti ties up the Nirdlinger case
(c) His wife is having a baby
(d) He is getting a big promotion
4. What does Walter think will happen at Mazatlan?
(a) They will go sightseeing
(b) They will get married
(c) They will go snorkeling
(d) They will be arrested
5. Where was Lola's mother when she died?
6. What does Lola tell Walter?
(a) She is moving out of town
(b) She knows about Walter's role in the murder
(c) She has the same feeling she had when her mother died
(d) She never loved her father
7. Who has been interviewing everyone on the train?
(a) Insurance investigators
(b) The F.B.I.
(c) Police detectives
(d) NTSB investigators
8. What does Walter ask Keyes?
(a) If they got the woman and the bullet
(b) If he is paralyzed
(c) If Lola has visited yet
(d) If he is going to live
9. What consumes Walter's thoughts after Keyes leaves?
(a) Whether he will ever walk again
(b) Whether Phyllis will try to kill him
(c) How Lola will find out the truth about him
(d) If he will get his sight back
10. What does Walter realize when he sees Phyllis?
(a) Keyes has set them up
(b) He still loves her
(c) He cannot stand her
(d) He would kill for her all over again
11. Who rules the death an accident?
(a) The coroner
(b) The insurance investigators
(c) The F.B.I.
(d) The police detectives
12. What does Keyes think is the best way to catch the perpetrator of a crime like this?
(a) Intense questioning
13. What is Walter's plan?
(a) Tell the police that Mr. Sanchetti killed Mr. Nirdlinger
(b) Tell Keyes that Mr. Sanchetti killed Mr. Nirdlinger
(c) Take Lola and leave the country
(d) Steal Mr. Sanchetti's car and send it over a cliff with Phyllis in it
14. What does Lola vow to do?
(a) Get Mr. Sanchetti back
(b) Reveal her suspicions about Phyllis to the police
(c) Kill Phyllis
(d) Leave the city for good
15. What is Walter aware of when he wakes from the anesthesia?
(a) He can't see
(b) He is gagging
(c) He is paralyzed
(d) He is handcuffed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola ask Walter?
2. What happens to Walter while waiting in Mr. Sanchetti's car?
3. What does Walter learn about Mr. Sanchetti?
4. Who had been Lola's mother's companion at the time of her death?
5. What does Phyllis say is printed in the ship's paper?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)