|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Phyllis carrying as she approaches Walter?
(a) Her husband's crutches
(b) Her husband's glasses
(c) Her husband's body
(d) Her husband's suitcase
2. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's body left while Walter and Phyllis go to the train station?
(a) In the locked car
(b) In a cave
(c) In a hole
(d) In a ditch
3. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
(a) A customer who torched a truck
(b) His new girlfriend
(c) His will
(d) His golf game
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter?
(a) She never wants to see him again
(b) She wants to buy another policy
(c) She wants to separate from her husband
(d) She loves her husband and worries about him
5. What does Walter do at 4:00 on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
(a) Attends a French class
(b) Interviews a long-term prospect
(c) Has some drinks at Happy Hour
(d) Goes to a movie
6. What will the insurance company think about Mr. Nirdlinger?
(a) He needs a new will
(b) He will probably default
(c) He purchased two policies
(d) He is a bad risk
7. What makes it difficult to board a train unnoticed?
(a) Being on crutches
(b) Too many passengers
(c) Too much luggage
(d) Inclement weather
8. What does Walter actually do after Phyllis' plea?
(a) Leaves the house
(b) Makes a phone call
(c) Slaps her
(d) Kisses her
9. Who is Keyes?
(a) Walter's favorite bartender
(b) Walter's landlord
(c) Head of the claims department
(d) Walter's brother-in-law
10. Why does Walter say they cannot disable Mr. Nirdlinger's car for the accident?
(a) The plan involves Walter using the car
(b) Walter does not want to leave fingerprints
(c) Walter does not know how to do that
(d) Walter does not want to arouse any suspicions
11. Who does Walter learn has called him at the office?
(a) The Nirdlinger's maid
(b) The Nirdlinger's daughter
(c) Mr. Nirdlinger
(d) Mrs. Nirdlinger
12. How does Walter feel for the way he responds to Phyllis?
13. What is Walter Huff's profession?
(c) Insurance agent
14. What does Walter ask the person to find during the phone call?
(a) A train schedule
(b) A rate book
(c) A payment history
(d) A movie schedule
15. What is Walter obsessed with avoiding?
(a) His landlord
(b) The influenza virus
(c) His ex-wife
(d) Discovery and capture
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time is Mr. Nirdlinger's train scheduled to leave?
2. What is Phyllis wearing when she first talks to Walter?
3. What does Lola caution Walter about?
4. Who else does Walter call to ask about his rate book?
5. What is Walter's worry about his work?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)