|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what article of clothing does Phyllis flirt with Walter?
2. What does Walter do at 4:00 on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
(a) Attends a French class
(b) Goes to a movie
(c) Interviews a long-term prospect
(d) Has some drinks at Happy Hour
3. What will the insurance company think about Mr. Nirdlinger?
(a) He will probably default
(b) He purchased two policies
(c) He is a bad risk
(d) He needs a new will
4. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
(a) Her tennis instructor, Mr. Sargenti
(b) Her best friend, Angie
(c) Her boyfriend, Mr. Sachetti
(d) Her tutor, Gary
5. What does Walter do after he jumps off the train?
(a) Crouches between two sets of tracks
(b) Phones a friend to come get him
(c) Stops at a bar for a drink
(d) Drives away in his car
6. What obstacle do Walter and Phyllis encounter on the train?
(a) There is no smoking allowed
(b) Walter's crutches hit an old woman
(c) A chatty passenger on the rear platform
(d) There are no seats
7. What does Walter do to remove the obstacle?
(a) Deliberately ignores the man
(b) Decides to smoke outside before leaving
(c) Decides to hop instead of using crutches
(d) Creates a story so that the man offers to get his ticket
8. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
(a) He wants her to leave his house
(b) He wants to marry her
(c) He is going to help her kill her husband
(d) He thinks she is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen
9. What does Phyllis tell Walter when he comes for his second visit?
(a) She has a doctor's appointment in an hour
(b) She is thinking of divorcing her husband
(c) She is planning an anniversary party
(d) She has given the maid the day off
10. What does Keyes pass along to Walter?
(a) A few cigars
(b) A compliment
(c) A betting tip
(d) A stock tip
11. Who does Walter meet at the customer's house?
(a) The son
(b) The daughter
(c) The gardener
(d) The maid
12. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's class reunion to be held?
(a) Palo Alto
(b) San Jose
(c) San Diego
(d) Los Angeles
13. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's body left while Walter and Phyllis go to the train station?
(a) In a cave
(b) In the locked car
(c) In a ditch
(d) In a hole
14. Why does Walter come to the Nirdlinger residence?
(a) To advise Phyllis on her will
(b) To have Mr. Nirdlinger sign the accident policy
(c) To shoot Mr. Nirdlinger
(d) To make love to Phyllis
15. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
(a) She is very attractive
(b) He is uncomfortable considering the plan to kill her father
(c) She is very outspoken
(d) She is too young to be involved
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter contemplate that night at home?
2. How does Phyllis react to Walter's coaching her about how to react?
3. What are Phyllis and Walter discussing when she abruptly changes the subject?
4. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
5. What does Walter do when he dresses?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)