Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Phyllis return to Walter's house?
(a) The next week
(b) The next night
(c) Three months
2. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
3. What does Walter remember for another customer?
(a) Revising a tax return
(b) Auto Policy renewal
(c) Updating a will
(d) Medication refill
4. What does Phyllis do after Walter's accusation?
(a) Throws a vase
(b) Makes a phone call
(c) Kisses him
(d) Leaves the house
5. What happens to Walter as the accident policy is processing over the winter and spring?
(a) He changes his mind
(b) He breaks his leg
(c) He has many sleepless nights
(d) He moves out of town
6. Which method do Walter and Phyllis decide for the murder?
(a) Train accident
(c) Boating accident
(d) Swimming pool accident
7. What has Walter done that Keyes looks favorably on him?
(a) Helped him move to a new house last month
(b) Clipped a note to a potential problem application
(c) Volunteers at the hospital every week
(d) Donates blood every three months
8. Who observes Walter's preparations for bed at 6:45 p.m.?
(a) His maid
(b) His Filipino houseboy
(c) His girlfriend
(d) His neighbor
9. Who appears at Walter's house during a rain storm?
(c) His neighbor
(d) His landlord
10. Who has Phyllis selected as a witness?
(a) The gardener
(b) The maid
(c) Her stepdaughter, Lola
(d) The family attorney
11. What do Walter and Phyllis take with them to the train station?
(a) Mr. Nirdlinger's suitcase and a bag of money
(b) A suitcase and a gun
(c) Mr. Nirdlinger's bag, briefcase and crutches
(d) An overcoat and a briefcase
12. What does Walter do when he dresses?
(a) Uses a lint brush
(b) Presses his pants again
(c) Makes a fake leg cast
(d) Steams his jacket
13. What is Phyllis' ulterior motive for having Lola in the room?
(a) To make Walter nervous
(b) To keep an eye on her
(c) To hear the discussion about the accident policy
(d) To teach her to knit
14. What is Walter's worry about his work?
(a) That his customers are frauds
(b) That his customers won't pay their premiums
(c) That he will get fired
(d) That it will drop off
15. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
(a) She could also have him killed
(b) She is going to turn him in
(c) He never wants to see her again
(d) He is madly in love with her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phyllis wearing when she first talks to Walter?
2. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
3. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
4. What is Phyllis' demeanor during this time?
5. What does Walter use to break Mr. Nirdlinger's neck?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)