|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Phyllis and Walter discussing when she abruptly changes the subject?
(a) The holiday
(b) Auto insurance policy
(d) The latest movies
2. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's class reunion to be held?
(a) San Diego
(b) San Jose
(c) Los Angeles
(d) Palo Alto
3. What does Walter actually do after Phyllis' plea?
(a) Kisses her
(b) Leaves the house
(c) Slaps her
(d) Makes a phone call
4. What does Keyes pass along to Walter?
(a) A stock tip
(b) A betting tip
(c) A few cigars
(d) A compliment
5. What does Walter swindle Mr. Nirdlinger into doing?
(a) Buying him an airline ticket
(b) Buying three policies
(c) Writing two checks
(d) Revising his will
6. Who does Walter meet at the customer's house?
(a) The daughter
(b) The son
(c) The gardener
(d) The maid
7. How does Phyllis react to Walter's coaching her about how to react?
(a) She is mildly irritated about his persistence
(b) She calmly tells him that she knows what to do
(c) She screams at him to get out of the car
(d) She is very annoyed and swears at him
8. Who does Walter call from his home to complete his alibi?
(a) Another insurance agent
(c) His mother
9. What is Walter Huff's profession?
(c) Insurance agent
10. What does Walter burn in the fireplace when he returns home?
(a) The map to Palo Alto
(b) The fake cast
(c) The train ticket
(d) The insurance policy
11. Who does Walter learn has called him at the office?
(a) Mrs. Nirdlinger
(b) The Nirdlinger's maid
(c) The Nirdlinger's daughter
(d) Mr. Nirdlinger
12. What does Walter think before making a return call?
(a) Making a doctor's appointment
(b) Picking up his dry cleaning
(c) What kind of warning he can clip to that application
(d) Making dinner reservations for Saturday
13. What makes it difficult to board a train unnoticed?
(a) Being on crutches
(b) Too much luggage
(c) Inclement weather
(d) Too many passengers
14. What has Walter done that Keyes looks favorably on him?
(a) Clipped a note to a potential problem application
(b) Donates blood every three months
(c) Volunteers at the hospital every week
(d) Helped him move to a new house last month
15. What does Walter contemplate that night at home?
(a) His golf game
(b) His health
(c) His attraction to Phyllis
(d) A career change
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Nirdlinger work?
2. Who observes as Walter and Mr. Nirdlinger discuss the papers?
3. What does Walter do after he jumps off the train?
4. What is a major issue for Walter and Phyllis?
5. For what characteristic is Walter known?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)