Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
(a) She could also have him killed
(b) He never wants to see her again
(c) She is going to turn him in
(d) He is madly in love with her
2. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
(a) Her best friend, Angie
(b) Her tutor, Gary
(c) Her boyfriend, Mr. Sachetti
(d) Her tennis instructor, Mr. Sargenti
3. Where does Walter drop off Lola after the meeting?
(a) The movie theatre
(b) The tennis courts
(c) The coffee shop
(d) The skating rink
4. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
(a) She is too young to be involved
(b) She is very outspoken
(c) He is uncomfortable considering the plan to kill her father
(d) She is very attractive
5. Who is Phyllis?
(a) His partner
(b) His wife
(c) The customer's wife
(d) His sister
6. What does Walter ask the person to find during the phone call?
(a) A rate book
(b) A movie schedule
(c) A train schedule
(d) A payment history
7. Who pays Mr. Nirdlinger's auto insurance?
(b) Mr. Nirdlinger
(c) His company
(d) The family accountant
8. What is Phyllis' ulterior motive for having Lola in the room?
(a) To keep an eye on her
(b) To teach her to knit
(c) To hear the discussion about the accident policy
(d) To make Walter nervous
9. What is Walter obsessed with avoiding?
(a) The influenza virus
(b) His ex-wife
(c) His landlord
(d) Discovery and capture
10. What does Walter hear as he crouches in the dark?
(a) Dogs barking
(b) Music from a bar
(c) Panting and footsteps
(d) Children playing
11. What does Walter do on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
(a) Goes fishing
(b) Buys a new suit
(c) Works on his alibi
(d) Takes a nap
12. What does Phyllis use to get her way?
(c) Sense of humor
13. What makes it difficult to board a train unnoticed?
(a) Inclement weather
(b) Being on crutches
(c) Too much luggage
(d) Too many passengers
14. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
(a) A customer who torched a truck
(b) His will
(c) His golf game
(d) His new girlfriend
15. Who has Phyllis selected as a witness?
(a) The gardener
(b) The family attorney
(c) Her stepdaughter, Lola
(d) The maid
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola caution Walter about?
2. With what article of clothing does Phyllis flirt with Walter?
3. What does Walter use to create a harness?
4. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
5. Why does Walter come to the Nirdlinger residence?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)