|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Walter insist on listening to the radio?
(a) He needs a distraction
(b) He likes to hum
(c) It calms his nerves
(d) It is part of his alibi to know the programs
2. Who observes as Walter and Mr. Nirdlinger discuss the papers?
(b) The maid
(c) The family attorney
(d) The gardener
3. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's body left while Walter and Phyllis go to the train station?
(a) In a cave
(b) In a ditch
(c) In a hole
(d) In the locked car
4. Who does Walter place a phone call to?
(a) Mr. Nirdlinger
(c) The night watchman at his office
5. Why does Walter come to the Nirdlinger residence?
(a) To advise Phyllis on her will
(b) To have Mr. Nirdlinger sign the accident policy
(c) To shoot Mr. Nirdlinger
(d) To make love to Phyllis
6. What does Walter focus on?
(a) A new career
(b) A move to a new city
(c) An affair with Lola
(d) An alibi
7. What is Phyllis wearing when she first talks to Walter?
(a) Blue pajamas
(b) Jeans and T-shirt
(c) Pink robe
(d) Tennis outfit
8. Why does Walter say he wants to help Phyllis?
9. What does Walter swindle Mr. Nirdlinger into doing?
(a) Writing two checks
(b) Buying three policies
(c) Buying him an airline ticket
(d) Revising his will
10. Who is Keyes?
(a) Walter's landlord
(b) Walter's favorite bartender
(c) Walter's brother-in-law
(d) Head of the claims department
11. What is Walter's worry about his work?
(a) That his customers are frauds
(b) That he will get fired
(c) That his customers won't pay their premiums
(d) That it will drop off
12. What does Walter stop Phyllis from discarding?
(a) A cigarette
(b) A matchbook
(c) A scarf
(d) A cigar
13. Who is Phyllis?
(a) The customer's wife
(b) His sister
(c) His wife
(d) His partner
14. What obstacle do Walter and Phyllis encounter on the train?
(a) There is no smoking allowed
(b) Walter's crutches hit an old woman
(c) A chatty passenger on the rear platform
(d) There are no seats
15. What does Walter do after he jumps off the train?
(a) Crouches between two sets of tracks
(b) Phones a friend to come get him
(c) Stops at a bar for a drink
(d) Drives away in his car
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Walter need a harness?
2. What is a major issue for Walter and Phyllis?
3. Phyllis is attractive, but sort of _____________.
4. What does Walter hear as he crouches in the dark?
5. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)