|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at Walter's house during a rain storm?
(a) His neighbor
(c) His landlord
2. Why does Walter say he wants to help Phyllis?
3. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
(a) She is very attractive
(b) She is too young to be involved
(c) She is very outspoken
(d) He is uncomfortable considering the plan to kill her father
4. What are Phyllis and Walter discussing when she abruptly changes the subject?
(a) The holiday
(b) The latest movies
(d) Auto insurance policy
5. What does Walter focus on?
(a) A move to a new city
(b) A new career
(c) An affair with Lola
(d) An alibi
6. What is Phyllis' demeanor during this time?
(b) Not too concerned
7. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
8. Where is Walter headed when he remembers something for another customer?
(c) Beverly Hills
9. Who observes Walter's preparations for bed at 6:45 p.m.?
(a) His girlfriend
(b) His Filipino houseboy
(c) His neighbor
(d) His maid
10. What does Walter do after he jumps off the train?
(a) Crouches between two sets of tracks
(b) Phones a friend to come get him
(c) Stops at a bar for a drink
(d) Drives away in his car
11. Who does Phyllis give the items to at the train station?
(b) A porter
(c) The man selling tickets
(d) The ticket taker
12. Why does Walter need a harness?
(a) To move some rocks
(b) To ride a donkey
(c) To tame a stallion
(d) To dispose of the body
13. Who is Keyes?
(a) Walter's favorite bartender
(b) Walter's landlord
(c) Head of the claims department
(d) Walter's brother-in-law
14. What do Walter and Phyllis take with them to the train station?
(a) A suitcase and a gun
(b) Mr. Nirdlinger's suitcase and a bag of money
(c) An overcoat and a briefcase
(d) Mr. Nirdlinger's bag, briefcase and crutches
15. What does Walter use to create a harness?
(c) Rope and iron handle
(d) Leather straps
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter swindle Mr. Nirdlinger into doing?
2. What does Lola want from Walter?
3. What does Phyllis tell Walter?
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter before he leaves?
5. What is Phyllis carrying as she approaches Walter?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)