|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Walter come to the Nirdlinger residence?
(a) To make love to Phyllis
(b) To advise Phyllis on her will
(c) To shoot Mr. Nirdlinger
(d) To have Mr. Nirdlinger sign the accident policy
2. What does Lola want from Walter?
(a) A car
(b) A loan for Mr. Sachetti's schooling
(c) A ride home from school
(d) A diamond bracelet
3. Who is Keyes?
(a) Walter's brother-in-law
(b) Walter's landlord
(c) Head of the claims department
(d) Walter's favorite bartender
4. What does Walter hear as he crouches in the dark?
(a) Dogs barking
(b) Music from a bar
(c) Children playing
(d) Panting and footsteps
5. Why does Walter say he wants to help Phyllis?
6. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
(a) He thinks she is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen
(b) He is going to help her kill her husband
(c) He wants her to leave his house
(d) He wants to marry her
7. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
8. What is Phyllis' demeanor during this time?
(a) Not too concerned
9. What is Walter's worry about his work?
(a) That his customers won't pay their premiums
(b) That his customers are frauds
(c) That he will get fired
(d) That it will drop off
10. Who does Walter call from his home to complete his alibi?
(a) Another insurance agent
(b) His mother
11. Why does Walter insist on listening to the radio?
(a) He likes to hum
(b) He needs a distraction
(c) It is part of his alibi to know the programs
(d) It calms his nerves
12. What does Walter do on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Buys a new suit
(c) Goes fishing
(d) Works on his alibi
13. What does Walter use to create a harness?
(b) Rope and iron handle
(c) Leather straps
14. What method of transportation does Mr. Nirdlinger use primarily?
15. What does Phyllis tell Walter before he leaves?
(a) She wants to have an affair
(b) She'll let him know when he can return
(c) She wants to divorce her husband
(d) She loves him
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phyllis wearing when she first talks to Walter?
2. What happens to Walter as the accident policy is processing over the winter and spring?
3. For what characteristic is Walter known?
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter when he comes for his second visit?
5. What does Phyllis tell Lola she needs help with?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)