|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Walter's senses after the murder?
(a) Extremely sharp
(b) In shock
2. What does Phyllis tell Lola she needs help with?
(a) Winding yarn
(b) Doing a puzzle
(c) Painting a portrait
(d) Moving furniture
3. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
(a) Her tennis instructor, Mr. Sargenti
(b) Her boyfriend, Mr. Sachetti
(c) Her tutor, Gary
(d) Her best friend, Angie
4. What does Lola caution Walter about?
(a) Not to get involved with Phyllis
(b) Not to take the interstate home
(c) Not to tell her family about her boyfriend
(d) Not to flirt with her anymore
5. What is a major issue for Walter and Phyllis?
(a) How to get Walter to travel by train
(b) How to get Walter out of the country
(c) How to get a divorce for Phyllis
(d) How to get Lola to leave the house
6. What does Walter contemplate that night at home?
(a) His health
(b) His attraction to Phyllis
(c) His golf game
(d) A career change
7. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
(a) His golf game
(b) His will
(c) His new girlfriend
(d) A customer who torched a truck
8. What does Walter ask the person to find during the phone call?
(a) A movie schedule
(b) A train schedule
(c) A rate book
(d) A payment history
9. For what characteristic is Walter known?
(a) Compulsive behavior
(b) Golf game
(c) Bright red hair
(d) Sense of humor
10. What does Walter swindle Mr. Nirdlinger into doing?
(a) Revising his will
(b) Buying three policies
(c) Writing two checks
(d) Buying him an airline ticket
11. What is Walter's spot to jump off the train?
(a) A red barn
(b) A dairy sign
(c) A water tower
(d) A church
12. What does Walter focus on?
(a) A new career
(b) An affair with Lola
(c) An alibi
(d) A move to a new city
13. Who does Walter learn has called him at the office?
(a) Mrs. Nirdlinger
(b) The Nirdlinger's maid
(c) Mr. Nirdlinger
(d) The Nirdlinger's daughter
14. What does Walter stuff into his coat?
(a) Train ticket
(b) Rope and an iron rod
(d) Insurance policy
15. What is Phyllis wearing when she first talks to Walter?
(a) Tennis outfit
(b) Blue pajamas
(c) Pink robe
(d) Jeans and T-shirt
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Walter done that Keyes looks favorably on him?
2. What does Walter burn in the fireplace when he returns home?
3. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
4. What does Keyes pass along to Walter?
5. Where does Walter have dinner?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)