|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes it difficult to board a train unnoticed?
(a) Too many passengers
(b) Too much luggage
(c) Being on crutches
(d) Inclement weather
2. Who observes Walter's preparations for bed at 6:45 p.m.?
(a) His girlfriend
(b) His maid
(c) His Filipino houseboy
(d) His neighbor
3. Who does Walter place a phone call to?
(a) The night watchman at his office
(d) Mr. Nirdlinger
4. Who pays Mr. Nirdlinger's auto insurance?
(a) The family accountant
(c) His company
(d) Mr. Nirdlinger
5. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's class reunion to be held?
(a) San Jose
(b) San Diego
(c) Palo Alto
(d) Los Angeles
6. What is Phyllis wearing when she first talks to Walter?
(a) Pink robe
(b) Tennis outfit
(c) Jeans and T-shirt
(d) Blue pajamas
7. Why does Walter begin to get nervous?
(a) He has sprained his ankle
(b) Another train is coming
(c) Phyllis is late picking him up
(d) It starts to rain really hard
8. Who appears at Walter's house during a rain storm?
(a) His neighbor
(d) His landlord
9. What is Walter's spot to jump off the train?
(a) A church
(b) A dairy sign
(c) A water tower
(d) A red barn
10. What happens to Walter as the accident policy is processing over the winter and spring?
(a) He has many sleepless nights
(b) He changes his mind
(c) He moves out of town
(d) He breaks his leg
11. Who does Walter call from his home to complete his alibi?
(a) Another insurance agent
(c) His mother
12. At what time is Mr. Nirdlinger's train scheduled to leave?
(a) 9:45 p.m.
(b) 9:45 a.m.
(c) 8:15 p.m.
(d) 10:15 a.m.
13. What is a major issue for Walter and Phyllis?
(a) How to get a divorce for Phyllis
(b) How to get Walter out of the country
(c) How to get Walter to travel by train
(d) How to get Lola to leave the house
14. What does Walter do at 4:00 on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
(a) Has some drinks at Happy Hour
(b) Attends a French class
(c) Goes to a movie
(d) Interviews a long-term prospect
15. What does Phyllis ask Walter about?
(a) Accident insurance
(b) A tax return
(c) Her will
(d) A medical procedure
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phyllis do after Walter's accusation?
2. What does Walter swindle Mr. Nirdlinger into doing?
3. Where is Walter headed when he remembers something for another customer?
4. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
5. How does Phyllis react to Walter's coaching her about how to react?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)