|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Walter's spot to jump off the train?
(a) A church
(b) A dairy sign
(c) A red barn
(d) A water tower
2. What is Phyllis' plea to Walter?
(a) That she can take out an accident policy on her husband
(b) That he kiss her
(c) That he take her away from her life
(d) That he help her change her will
3. Where does Walter have dinner?
(a) At his mother's house
(b) At a sushi restaurant
(c) At a steakhouse
(d) At home
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter?
(a) She wants to buy another policy
(b) She loves her husband and worries about him
(c) She wants to separate from her husband
(d) She never wants to see him again
5. What does Walter remember for another customer?
(a) Auto Policy renewal
(b) Medication refill
(c) Updating a will
(d) Revising a tax return
6. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's body left while Walter and Phyllis go to the train station?
(a) In a ditch
(b) In a hole
(c) In a cave
(d) In the locked car
7. What does Keyes pass along to Walter?
(a) A stock tip
(b) A betting tip
(c) A compliment
(d) A few cigars
8. Who else does Walter call to ask about his rate book?
(a) His cleaning lady, Alice
(b) His golfing buddy, Jim
(c) His best friend, Gordon
(d) His secretary, Nettie
9. What does Walter do on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
(a) Buys a new suit
(b) Takes a nap
(c) Works on his alibi
(d) Goes fishing
10. Phyllis is attractive, but sort of _____________.
(d) Washed-out looking
11. Where does Walter drop off Lola after the meeting?
(a) The coffee shop
(b) The tennis courts
(c) The skating rink
(d) The movie theatre
12. What is Phyllis wearing when she first talks to Walter?
(a) Tennis outfit
(b) Blue pajamas
(c) Jeans and T-shirt
(d) Pink robe
13. What is Walter's worry about his work?
(a) That it will drop off
(b) That his customers won't pay their premiums
(c) That his customers are frauds
(d) That he will get fired
14. What does Walter use to break Mr. Nirdlinger's neck?
(a) A tire iron
(b) An iron rod
(c) An anvil
(d) A crutch
15. What does Walter actually do after Phyllis' plea?
(a) Slaps her
(b) Kisses her
(c) Makes a phone call
(d) Leaves the house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter use to create a harness?
2. What does Walter ask the person to find during the phone call?
3. What does Phyllis do after Walter's accusation?
4. Who does Walter meet at the customer's house?
5. What does Walter do after he jumps off the train?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)