|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phyllis tell Walter when she calls him?
(a) Lola has run away
(b) Mr. Nirdlinger is wearing a blue suit
(c) She has the flu
(d) She is leaving town
2. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
3. What does Walter swindle Mr. Nirdlinger into doing?
(a) Revising his will
(b) Buying three policies
(c) Writing two checks
(d) Buying him an airline ticket
4. What does Phyllis do to prevent all the porters from looking too closely at Walter?
(a) Creates a distraction by pulling up her stockings
(b) Retreats into the station
(c) Dumps the contents of her purse
(d) Rushes ahead to tip one of the porters
5. What is Walter's worry about his work?
(a) That his customers are frauds
(b) That his customers won't pay their premiums
(c) That it will drop off
(d) That he will get fired
6. What does Phyllis ask Walter about?
(a) A tax return
(b) A medical procedure
(c) Her will
(d) Accident insurance
7. What is Walter's spot to jump off the train?
(a) A water tower
(b) A red barn
(c) A church
(d) A dairy sign
8. What does Walter use to create a harness?
(a) Leather straps
(c) Rope and iron handle
9. Why does Walter snap at Phyllis in the car?
(a) She doesn't have her gloves on
(b) She ran a red light
(c) She is wearing perfume that could have rubbed off on the body
(d) She dropped her scarf by the tracks
10. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
(a) She is very outspoken
(b) She is very attractive
(c) He is uncomfortable considering the plan to kill her father
(d) She is too young to be involved
11. Where does Mr. Nirdlinger work?
(a) Governor's office
(d) Oil fields
12. Who does Phyllis give the items to at the train station?
(a) The man selling tickets
(b) The ticket taker
(d) A porter
13. What does Walter use to break Mr. Nirdlinger's neck?
(a) An iron rod
(b) A crutch
(c) An anvil
(d) A tire iron
14. Where is Walter headed when he remembers something for another customer?
(b) Beverly Hills
15. Why does Walter say he wants to help Phyllis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phyllis' ulterior motive for having Lola in the room?
2. What does Phyllis tell Walter when he comes for his second visit?
3. What does Walter focus on?
4. What does Lola want from Walter?
5. What does Walter burn in the fireplace when he returns home?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)