|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phyllis do after Walter's accusation?
(a) Makes a phone call
(b) Throws a vase
(c) Kisses him
(d) Leaves the house
2. What is a major issue for Walter and Phyllis?
(a) How to get Lola to leave the house
(b) How to get Walter to travel by train
(c) How to get a divorce for Phyllis
(d) How to get Walter out of the country
3. What does Walter burn in the fireplace when he returns home?
(a) The fake cast
(b) The train ticket
(c) The insurance policy
(d) The map to Palo Alto
4. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
(a) She could also have him killed
(b) He never wants to see her again
(c) He is madly in love with her
(d) She is going to turn him in
5. What is Phyllis carrying as she approaches Walter?
(a) Her husband's suitcase
(b) Her husband's crutches
(c) Her husband's body
(d) Her husband's glasses
6. What does Keyes pass along to Walter?
(a) A betting tip
(b) A compliment
(c) A few cigars
(d) A stock tip
7. What does Walter stop Phyllis from discarding?
(a) A matchbook
(b) A cigar
(c) A cigarette
(d) A scarf
8. What does Walter remember for another customer?
(a) Medication refill
(b) Revising a tax return
(c) Auto Policy renewal
(d) Updating a will
9. Why does Walter say they cannot disable Mr. Nirdlinger's car for the accident?
(a) Walter does not know how to do that
(b) The plan involves Walter using the car
(c) Walter does not want to leave fingerprints
(d) Walter does not want to arouse any suspicions
10. Who appears at Walter's house during a rain storm?
(c) His neighbor
(d) His landlord
11. Who pays Mr. Nirdlinger's auto insurance?
(a) Mr. Nirdlinger
(c) His company
(d) The family accountant
12. What does Phyllis tell Walter when he comes for his second visit?
(a) She is planning an anniversary party
(b) She has a doctor's appointment in an hour
(c) She has given the maid the day off
(d) She is thinking of divorcing her husband
13. What is Walter's worry about his work?
(a) That it will drop off
(b) That he will get fired
(c) That his customers are frauds
(d) That his customers won't pay their premiums
14. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
(a) His will
(b) His new girlfriend
(c) A customer who torched a truck
(d) His golf game
15. What does Walter do at 4:00 on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
(a) Attends a French class
(b) Goes to a movie
(c) Has some drinks at Happy Hour
(d) Interviews a long-term prospect
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Walter meet at the customer's house?
2. Why does Walter need a harness?
3. What does Phyllis ask Walter about?
4. What does Walter hear as he crouches in the dark?
5. What is Phyllis wearing when she first talks to Walter?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)