|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Phyllis carrying as she approaches Walter?
(a) Her husband's suitcase
(b) Her husband's glasses
(c) Her husband's crutches
(d) Her husband's body
2. What does Walter use to create a harness?
(a) Rope and iron handle
(c) Leather straps
3. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
(a) She could also have him killed
(b) He is madly in love with her
(c) He never wants to see her again
(d) She is going to turn him in
4. Who observes as Walter and Mr. Nirdlinger discuss the papers?
(a) The maid
(b) The family attorney
(d) The gardener
5. What does Walter try to anticipate?
(a) Where he and Phyllis will live
(b) How the authorities will investigate the crime
(c) Getting a new job
(d) Marrying Phyllis
6. What does Walter contemplate that night at home?
(a) His golf game
(b) A career change
(c) His health
(d) His attraction to Phyllis
7. What does Phyllis tell Walter before he leaves?
(a) She loves him
(b) She'll let him know when he can return
(c) She wants to have an affair
(d) She wants to divorce her husband
8. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
(a) Her boyfriend, Mr. Sachetti
(b) Her best friend, Angie
(c) Her tennis instructor, Mr. Sargenti
(d) Her tutor, Gary
9. How does Walter feel for the way he responds to Phyllis?
10. Phyllis is attractive, but sort of _____________.
(a) Washed-out looking
11. What does Walter do when he dresses?
(a) Steams his jacket
(b) Uses a lint brush
(c) Presses his pants again
(d) Makes a fake leg cast
12. What is Walter Huff's profession?
(a) Insurance agent
13. Who is Phyllis?
(a) His partner
(b) His sister
(c) The customer's wife
(d) His wife
14. What does Phyllis do after Walter's accusation?
(a) Throws a vase
(b) Leaves the house
(c) Kisses him
(d) Makes a phone call
15. What does Phyllis use to get her way?
(a) Sense of humor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phyllis' ulterior motive for having Lola in the room?
2. What does Phyllis do to prevent all the porters from looking too closely at Walter?
3. Where is Walter headed when he remembers something for another customer?
4. What does Walter burn in the fireplace when he returns home?
5. What is Walter's spot to jump off the train?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)