|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what article of clothing does Phyllis flirt with Walter?
2. Why does Walter begin to get nervous?
(a) Phyllis is late picking him up
(b) He has sprained his ankle
(c) Another train is coming
(d) It starts to rain really hard
3. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
(a) She could also have him killed
(b) She is going to turn him in
(c) He never wants to see her again
(d) He is madly in love with her
4. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
(a) His will
(b) His new girlfriend
(c) His golf game
(d) A customer who torched a truck
5. What does Phyllis ask Walter about?
(a) Accident insurance
(b) Her will
(c) A tax return
(d) A medical procedure
6. What are Phyllis and Walter discussing when she abruptly changes the subject?
(b) Auto insurance policy
(c) The holiday
(d) The latest movies
7. What is a major issue for Walter and Phyllis?
(a) How to get Walter to travel by train
(b) How to get Lola to leave the house
(c) How to get Walter out of the country
(d) How to get a divorce for Phyllis
8. What does Phyllis do to prevent all the porters from looking too closely at Walter?
(a) Dumps the contents of her purse
(b) Creates a distraction by pulling up her stockings
(c) Retreats into the station
(d) Rushes ahead to tip one of the porters
9. Who does Walter place a phone call to?
(a) Mr. Nirdlinger
(d) The night watchman at his office
10. What does Walter do on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Goes fishing
(c) Works on his alibi
(d) Buys a new suit
11. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
(a) She is too young to be involved
(b) He is uncomfortable considering the plan to kill her father
(c) She is very outspoken
(d) She is very attractive
12. Who has Phyllis selected as a witness?
(a) The gardener
(b) Her stepdaughter, Lola
(c) The maid
(d) The family attorney
13. How does Walter feel for the way he responds to Phyllis?
14. Who is Phyllis?
(a) His partner
(b) The customer's wife
(c) His wife
(d) His sister
15. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
(a) Bury it in a shallow grave
(b) Set it on fire
(c) Dump it in the middle of a road
(d) Dump it beside the track
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter remember for another customer?
2. What is Phyllis carrying as she approaches Walter?
3. When does Phyllis return to Walter's house?
4. Who does Walter meet at the customer's house?
5. What happens after Walter hangs up the phone?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)