|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
(a) He is uncomfortable considering the plan to kill her father
(b) She is very attractive
(c) She is too young to be involved
(d) She is very outspoken
2. Why does Walter begin to get nervous?
(a) It starts to rain really hard
(b) He has sprained his ankle
(c) Phyllis is late picking him up
(d) Another train is coming
3. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's body left while Walter and Phyllis go to the train station?
(a) In a ditch
(b) In a hole
(c) In the locked car
(d) In a cave
4. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
(a) She could also have him killed
(b) He never wants to see her again
(c) He is madly in love with her
(d) She is going to turn him in
5. What does Phyllis tell Walter before he leaves?
(a) She'll let him know when he can return
(b) She wants to have an affair
(c) She loves him
(d) She wants to divorce her husband
6. What does Walter focus on?
(a) An alibi
(b) A new career
(c) A move to a new city
(d) An affair with Lola
7. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
(a) He wants to marry her
(b) She is going to arrange an accident to kill her husband
(c) He never wants to see her again
(d) Her policy has been denied
8. How does Phyllis react to Walter's coaching her about how to react?
(a) She calmly tells him that she knows what to do
(b) She screams at him to get out of the car
(c) She is very annoyed and swears at him
(d) She is mildly irritated about his persistence
9. Who else does Walter call to ask about his rate book?
(a) His cleaning lady, Alice
(b) His best friend, Gordon
(c) His secretary, Nettie
(d) His golfing buddy, Jim
10. Who is the customer that Walter remembers?
(a) Mr. Nevins
(b) Mr. Nidrlinger
(c) Mr. Newhouse
(d) Mr. Newcomb
11. What is Phyllis wearing when she first talks to Walter?
(a) Jeans and T-shirt
(b) Pink robe
(c) Tennis outfit
(d) Blue pajamas
12. Why does Walter say they cannot disable Mr. Nirdlinger's car for the accident?
(a) The plan involves Walter using the car
(b) Walter does not want to arouse any suspicions
(c) Walter does not want to leave fingerprints
(d) Walter does not know how to do that
13. What does Phyllis tell Walter?
(a) She wants to buy another policy
(b) She loves her husband and worries about him
(c) She never wants to see him again
(d) She wants to separate from her husband
14. What is Walter's first thought to Phyllis' plea?
(a) Refuse and offer an alternative
(b) Sleep on it
(c) Leave immediately
(d) Pass it on to his colleagues
15. What happens to Walter as the accident policy is processing over the winter and spring?
(a) He moves out of town
(b) He breaks his leg
(c) He has many sleepless nights
(d) He changes his mind
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phyllis' plea to Walter?
2. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
3. Who does Walter learn has called him at the office?
4. What does Walter do to remove the obstacle?
5. What will the insurance company think about Mr. Nirdlinger?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)