|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phyllis tell Walter before he leaves?
(a) She wants to divorce her husband
(b) She wants to have an affair
(c) She'll let him know when he can return
(d) She loves him
2. Which method do Walter and Phyllis decide for the murder?
(a) Boating accident
(b) Train accident
(d) Swimming pool accident
3. For what characteristic is Walter known?
(a) Compulsive behavior
(b) Golf game
(c) Bright red hair
(d) Sense of humor
4. What does Walter use to break Mr. Nirdlinger's neck?
(a) An anvil
(b) A crutch
(c) An iron rod
(d) A tire iron
5. What does Walter hear as he crouches in the dark?
(a) Music from a bar
(b) Panting and footsteps
(c) Dogs barking
(d) Children playing
6. What does Walter remember for another customer?
(a) Auto Policy renewal
(b) Medication refill
(c) Revising a tax return
(d) Updating a will
7. When does Phyllis return to Walter's house?
(b) The next night
(c) Three months
(d) The next week
8. What does Walter do after he jumps off the train?
(a) Drives away in his car
(b) Crouches between two sets of tracks
(c) Stops at a bar for a drink
(d) Phones a friend to come get him
9. How does Walter feel for the way he responds to Phyllis?
10. What does Phyllis tell Lola she needs help with?
(a) Winding yarn
(b) Doing a puzzle
(c) Painting a portrait
(d) Moving furniture
11. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
(a) She is very attractive
(b) She is too young to be involved
(c) He is uncomfortable considering the plan to kill her father
(d) She is very outspoken
12. Who else does Walter call to ask about his rate book?
(a) His secretary, Nettie
(b) His cleaning lady, Alice
(c) His golfing buddy, Jim
(d) His best friend, Gordon
13. What method of transportation does Mr. Nirdlinger use primarily?
14. What is Phyllis' demeanor during this time?
(d) Not too concerned
15. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
(a) His new girlfriend
(b) His golf game
(c) A customer who torched a truck
(d) His will
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter ask the person to find during the phone call?
2. Who observes Walter's preparations for bed at 6:45 p.m.?
3. What is Phyllis wearing when she first talks to Walter?
4. Why does Walter say he wants to help Phyllis?
5. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)