|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter do when he dresses?
(a) Uses a lint brush
(b) Makes a fake leg cast
(c) Steams his jacket
(d) Presses his pants again
2. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
(a) Dump it in the middle of a road
(b) Set it on fire
(c) Bury it in a shallow grave
(d) Dump it beside the track
3. What is the state of Walter's senses after the murder?
(b) In shock
(d) Extremely sharp
4. What is a major issue for Walter and Phyllis?
(a) How to get Lola to leave the house
(b) How to get a divorce for Phyllis
(c) How to get Walter to travel by train
(d) How to get Walter out of the country
5. How does Walter feel for the way he responds to Phyllis?
6. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
(a) A customer who torched a truck
(b) His new girlfriend
(c) His will
(d) His golf game
7. Who else does Walter call to ask about his rate book?
(a) His secretary, Nettie
(b) His best friend, Gordon
(c) His cleaning lady, Alice
(d) His golfing buddy, Jim
8. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
(a) He never wants to see her again
(b) She is going to arrange an accident to kill her husband
(c) He wants to marry her
(d) Her policy has been denied
9. What happens to Walter as the accident policy is processing over the winter and spring?
(a) He changes his mind
(b) He breaks his leg
(c) He has many sleepless nights
(d) He moves out of town
10. Why does Walter say he wants to help Phyllis?
11. Where does Walter have dinner?
(a) At a steakhouse
(b) At a sushi restaurant
(c) At his mother's house
(d) At home
12. What does Phyllis tell Walter when she calls him?
(a) She has the flu
(b) She is leaving town
(c) Lola has run away
(d) Mr. Nirdlinger is wearing a blue suit
13. What happens that forces Mr. Nirdlinger to take the train?
(a) He breaks his arm
(b) The car is in for service
(c) The car is wrecked
(d) He breaks his ankle
14. At what time is Mr. Nirdlinger's train scheduled to leave?
(a) 10:15 a.m.
(b) 8:15 p.m.
(c) 9:45 p.m.
(d) 9:45 a.m.
15. What is Phyllis wearing when she first talks to Walter?
(a) Tennis outfit
(b) Jeans and T-shirt
(c) Blue pajamas
(d) Pink robe
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Walter need a harness?
2. What makes it difficult to board a train unnoticed?
3. What does Walter hear as he crouches in the dark?
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter when he comes for his second visit?
5. What happens after Walter hangs up the phone?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)