|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at Walter's house during a rain storm?
(a) His landlord
(b) His neighbor
2. What is Phyllis' plea to Walter?
(a) That she can take out an accident policy on her husband
(b) That he take her away from her life
(c) That he kiss her
(d) That he help her change her will
3. Who does Walter meet at the customer's house?
(a) The gardener
(b) The daughter
(c) The son
(d) The maid
4. What happens after Walter hangs up the phone?
(a) He listens to the radio
(b) He eats dinner
(c) He vomits
(d) He takes a shower
5. Why does Walter snap at Phyllis in the car?
(a) She is wearing perfume that could have rubbed off on the body
(b) She doesn't have her gloves on
(c) She ran a red light
(d) She dropped her scarf by the tracks
6. What does Walter do on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
(a) Works on his alibi
(b) Takes a nap
(c) Buys a new suit
(d) Goes fishing
7. What is a major issue for Walter and Phyllis?
(a) How to get Walter out of the country
(b) How to get a divorce for Phyllis
(c) How to get Walter to travel by train
(d) How to get Lola to leave the house
8. Phyllis is attractive, but sort of _____________.
(c) Washed-out looking
9. What is Phyllis' demeanor during this time?
(d) Not too concerned
10. What does Walter contemplate that night at home?
(a) His health
(b) A career change
(c) His attraction to Phyllis
(d) His golf game
11. What does Phyllis tell Lola she needs help with?
(a) Doing a puzzle
(b) Moving furniture
(c) Winding yarn
(d) Painting a portrait
12. What does Lola want from Walter?
(a) A ride home from school
(b) A car
(c) A diamond bracelet
(d) A loan for Mr. Sachetti's schooling
13. What does Walter try to anticipate?
(a) How the authorities will investigate the crime
(b) Getting a new job
(c) Marrying Phyllis
(d) Where he and Phyllis will live
14. What does Lola caution Walter about?
(a) Not to get involved with Phyllis
(b) Not to take the interstate home
(c) Not to tell her family about her boyfriend
(d) Not to flirt with her anymore
15. Who is Keyes?
(a) Head of the claims department
(b) Walter's favorite bartender
(c) Walter's brother-in-law
(d) Walter's landlord
Short Answer Questions
1. What obstacle do Walter and Phyllis encounter on the train?
2. What method of transportation does Mr. Nirdlinger use primarily?
3. What does Walter stuff into his coat?
4. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's body left while Walter and Phyllis go to the train station?
5. Who does Phyllis give the items to at the train station?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)