|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Walter's worry about his work?
(a) That he will get fired
(b) That his customers won't pay their premiums
(c) That his customers are frauds
(d) That it will drop off
2. Who does Phyllis give the items to at the train station?
(a) The man selling tickets
(b) A porter
(d) The ticket taker
3. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
(a) She is going to turn him in
(b) She could also have him killed
(c) He is madly in love with her
(d) He never wants to see her again
4. Why does Walter come to the Nirdlinger residence?
(a) To have Mr. Nirdlinger sign the accident policy
(b) To make love to Phyllis
(c) To advise Phyllis on her will
(d) To shoot Mr. Nirdlinger
5. What does Walter do when he dresses?
(a) Uses a lint brush
(b) Steams his jacket
(c) Presses his pants again
(d) Makes a fake leg cast
6. How does Phyllis react to Walter's coaching her about how to react?
(a) She is mildly irritated about his persistence
(b) She calmly tells him that she knows what to do
(c) She screams at him to get out of the car
(d) She is very annoyed and swears at him
7. Who pays Mr. Nirdlinger's auto insurance?
(b) Mr. Nirdlinger
(c) His company
(d) The family accountant
8. Where does Walter drop off Lola after the meeting?
(a) The coffee shop
(b) The tennis courts
(c) The skating rink
(d) The movie theatre
9. What does Phyllis tell Lola she needs help with?
(a) Moving furniture
(b) Doing a puzzle
(c) Winding yarn
(d) Painting a portrait
10. What does Walter focus on?
(a) An alibi
(b) A new career
(c) A move to a new city
(d) An affair with Lola
11. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
(a) A customer who torched a truck
(b) His golf game
(c) His will
(d) His new girlfriend
12. Why does Walter snap at Phyllis in the car?
(a) She doesn't have her gloves on
(b) She dropped her scarf by the tracks
(c) She ran a red light
(d) She is wearing perfume that could have rubbed off on the body
13. What is Walter's spot to jump off the train?
(a) A red barn
(b) A church
(c) A dairy sign
(d) A water tower
14. What happens that forces Mr. Nirdlinger to take the train?
(a) The car is wrecked
(b) He breaks his arm
(c) He breaks his ankle
(d) The car is in for service
15. What does Walter remember for another customer?
(a) Revising a tax return
(b) Updating a will
(c) Auto Policy renewal
(d) Medication refill
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter do on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
2. At what time is Mr. Nirdlinger's train scheduled to leave?
3. What is Phyllis' demeanor during this time?
4. Who is Keyes?
5. What does Phyllis do after Walter's accusation?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)