|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Phyllis and Walter discussing when she abruptly changes the subject?
(b) The latest movies
(c) Auto insurance policy
(d) The holiday
2. What does Lola want from Walter?
(a) A loan for Mr. Sachetti's schooling
(b) A car
(c) A ride home from school
(d) A diamond bracelet
3. Who appears at Walter's house during a rain storm?
(c) His neighbor
(d) His landlord
4. How does Walter feel for the way he responds to Phyllis?
5. Who does Walter call from his home to complete his alibi?
(a) His mother
(c) Another insurance agent
6. What does Walter burn in the fireplace when he returns home?
(a) The fake cast
(b) The map to Palo Alto
(c) The train ticket
(d) The insurance policy
7. Where is Walter headed when he remembers something for another customer?
(d) Beverly Hills
8. What happens that forces Mr. Nirdlinger to take the train?
(a) The car is wrecked
(b) He breaks his ankle
(c) He breaks his arm
(d) The car is in for service
9. Why does Walter say he wants to help Phyllis?
10. What is Walter's spot to jump off the train?
(a) A church
(b) A red barn
(c) A dairy sign
(d) A water tower
11. Who does Phyllis give the items to at the train station?
(a) A porter
(b) The man selling tickets
(c) The ticket taker
12. Why does Walter snap at Phyllis in the car?
(a) She ran a red light
(b) She dropped her scarf by the tracks
(c) She is wearing perfume that could have rubbed off on the body
(d) She doesn't have her gloves on
13. With what article of clothing does Phyllis flirt with Walter?
14. What does Phyllis tell Walter?
(a) She loves her husband and worries about him
(b) She wants to separate from her husband
(c) She never wants to see him again
(d) She wants to buy another policy
15. Who does Walter meet at the customer's house?
(a) The son
(b) The gardener
(c) The maid
(d) The daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the insurance company think about Mr. Nirdlinger?
2. What does Lola caution Walter about?
3. What does Phyllis ask Walter about?
4. What makes it difficult to board a train unnoticed?
5. What does Phyllis tell Walter before he leaves?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)