|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phyllis do after Walter's accusation?
(a) Leaves the house
(b) Kisses him
(c) Throws a vase
(d) Makes a phone call
2. Where does Walter drop off Lola after the meeting?
(a) The coffee shop
(b) The tennis courts
(c) The movie theatre
(d) The skating rink
3. Why does Walter say he wants to help Phyllis?
4. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
(a) Her boyfriend, Mr. Sachetti
(b) Her best friend, Angie
(c) Her tennis instructor, Mr. Sargenti
(d) Her tutor, Gary
5. What does Walter use to create a harness?
(c) Leather straps
(d) Rope and iron handle
6. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
(a) She is too young to be involved
(b) He is uncomfortable considering the plan to kill her father
(c) She is very attractive
(d) She is very outspoken
7. Why does Walter snap at Phyllis in the car?
(a) She is wearing perfume that could have rubbed off on the body
(b) She ran a red light
(c) She dropped her scarf by the tracks
(d) She doesn't have her gloves on
8. What is a major issue for Walter and Phyllis?
(a) How to get Walter to travel by train
(b) How to get a divorce for Phyllis
(c) How to get Lola to leave the house
(d) How to get Walter out of the country
9. What does Walter burn in the fireplace when he returns home?
(a) The train ticket
(b) The insurance policy
(c) The map to Palo Alto
(d) The fake cast
10. What does Keyes pass along to Walter?
(a) A betting tip
(b) A compliment
(c) A few cigars
(d) A stock tip
11. How does Walter feel for the way he responds to Phyllis?
12. At what time is Mr. Nirdlinger's train scheduled to leave?
(a) 9:45 p.m.
(b) 10:15 a.m.
(c) 8:15 p.m.
(d) 9:45 a.m.
13. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
(a) His will
(b) His new girlfriend
(c) His golf game
(d) A customer who torched a truck
14. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
15. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
(a) She could also have him killed
(b) He is madly in love with her
(c) He never wants to see her again
(d) She is going to turn him in
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter stuff into his coat?
2. Who pays Mr. Nirdlinger's auto insurance?
3. Phyllis is attractive, but sort of _____________.
4. What does Walter hear as he crouches in the dark?
5. Who is Phyllis?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)