|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Robinson attacked by?
(a) A pack of larger dogs.
(b) A snake.
(c) Another small dog.
(d) A large dog.
2. Who inspired Dorothy to pick up her fiction writing again?
(a) Alan Campbell.
(b) Robert Benchley.
(c) Sheilah Graham.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. What was the name of the incriminating play that featured a character similar to Dorothy that debuted in 1934?
(a) An Alcoholic Woman.
(b) A Wisecracking Woman.
(c) Merrily We Roll Along.
(d) Sing We Now.
4. What were the Screen Playwrights able to do in 1938?
(b) Recruit more members.
(d) Publicize their cause.
5. Where was Alan stationed after being shipped overseas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alan and Dorothy felt that they couldn't lay down roots in Hollywood. Where did they buy a house to do just that?
2. How many times was Valencia bombed while Dorothy and Alan were in Spain?
3. Within weeks of being in Spain, what cause did Dorothy get involved in?
4. What saved George Kaufman, the writer of the incriminating play, from Dorothy's wrath?
5. Where did Alan take Dorothy on their honeymoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dorothy seek more than anything during the later years of her life?
2. How was Alan Campbell perfectly suited for Dorothy?
3. What was Dorothy and Alan's reason for leaving California?
4. In 1967, Marcella Cisney proposed to Dorothy the production of "A Dorothy Parker Portfolio", Dorothy gave her full support. How did this production give Dorothy the last say in her life?
5. What brought Dorothy to California for again? How did she feel about going back?
6. What about Norma Place was strange to Dorothy? How did it make her uncomfortable?
7. What did John Garrett do that effected Dorothy in such profound way? How did his actions effect Dorothy?
8. What events led to the marriage between Dorothy and Alan?
9. What cause did Dorothy focus her efforts on and how?
10. What happened in Dorothy's career that was difficult for her?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)