|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dorothy try to commit suicide after she realized how far behind her novel, "Sonnets to a Suicide", is?
(a) Pain killer overdose.
(b) Jumping into the Seine.
(c) Drinking a bottle of shoe polish.
(d) Standing on train tracks.
2. Where was the job with Elitch Gardens located that Alan was offered?
(c) New York.
3. When her relationship with John McCain ended, how did Dorothy try to kill herself?
4. In 1937, what did Dorothy and Alan do?
(a) Bid farewell to California.
(b) Have Alan's mother move in with them.
(c) Wrote their own movie script.
(d) Sell their house in Pennsylvania.
5. How old was Dorothy when she took the teaching job?
(a) Almost 75.
(b) Almost 70.
(c) Almost 72.
(d) Over 70.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Dachshund Dorothy bought in Munich?
2. Dorothy had enough of the filth of living with roommates and moved where?
3. Why did most of the writers from the East Coast end up in Hollywood?
4. What group did Dorothy co-found in 1936?
5. Who did Dorothy get involved with in 1948?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Norma Place was strange to Dorothy? How did it make her uncomfortable?
2. How was Alan Campbell perfectly suited for Dorothy?
3. What brought Dorothy to California for again? How did she feel about going back?
4. What did Dorothy seek more than anything during the later years of her life?
5. Dorothy involved her time and money in several "causes." What causes did she get involved in and what did society think about her involvement?
6. While traveling to Europe after her dog, Robinson, passed, who did Dorothy connect with? What other event happened while Dorothy and Mary were in transit? Why did she feel a connection to this woman and what did she end up doing that greatly affected Dorthy?
7. What was so controversial about Dorothy's pregnancy? What was unique about her reaction to her miscarriage?
8. Dorothy was happy with Alan, but what about her life wasn't fulfilling?
9. What about Dorothy and Alan's reconciliation was significant?
10. What did John Garrett do that effected Dorothy in such profound way? How did his actions effect Dorothy?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)