|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Dorothy turn to when Alan left?
(a) The Murphys.
(b) Her family.
(c) The Benchley's.
(d) The Fitzgeralds.
2. What word described Lillian Hellman very well?
3. In 1937, what did Dorothy and Alan do?
(a) Wrote their own movie script.
(b) Sell their house in Pennsylvania.
(c) Bid farewell to California.
(d) Have Alan's mother move in with them.
4. After receiving a telegram from John Garrett, what did Dorothy consider?
(a) Going home to New York.
(b) Accepting his marriage proposal.
(c) Suicide by drowning in the Seine.
(d) Suicide by jumping off the balcony.
5. How old did Dorothy turn in 1933?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Dorothy want to go to the Yaddo, a 400-acre retreat for artists?
2. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
3. When her relationship with John McCain ended, how did Dorothy try to kill herself?
4. What was Robinson attacked by?
5. What cause did Dorothy feel the need to get involved in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dorothy was happy with Alan, but what about her life wasn't fulfilling?
2. What about Norma Place was strange to Dorothy? How did it make her uncomfortable?
3. Dorothy purchased two dogs while in Europe. What role in Dorothy's life did these dogs fill? Why did she feel she needed canine companionship?
4. What realizations did Dorothy come to after Benchley's death?
5. Who was the most successful person to get work out of Dorothy. How did they succeed?
6. What cause did Dorothy focus her efforts on and how?
7. In 1967, Marcella Cisney proposed to Dorothy the production of "A Dorothy Parker Portfolio", Dorothy gave her full support. How did this production give Dorothy the last say in her life?
8. After Dorothy's second miscarriage, how did she cope?
9. What about Dorothy and Alan's reconciliation was significant?
10. What was so controversial about Dorothy's pregnancy? What was unique about her reaction to her miscarriage?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)