|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died in 1945 that was close to Dorothy?
(a) Robert Sherwood.
(b) Robert Benchley.
(c) Her sister Helen.
(d) Her brother Bert.
2. What cause did Dorothy feel the need to get involved in?
(a) The Communist Propaganda.
(b) The Third Reich's persecution of the Jews.
(c) The Screen Actors Guild.
(d) The Third Reich's youth group.
3. What changed Dorothy's plans?
(a) The Murpheys invited her to the Swiss Alps.
(b) Benchley invited her to Venice.
(c) Benchley invited her to Bath.
(d) The Murphey's invited her to Rome.
4. How many times was Valencia bombed while Dorothy and Alan were in Spain?
5. What skill did Alan possess that Dorothy did not?
(a) Decorating skills.
(b) Home making skills.
(c) Cooking skills.
(d) Fashion sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the house called that Alan and Dorothy purchase?
2. Where did Alan take Dorothy on their honeymoon?
3. How long was Dorothy's obituary in the New York Times?
4. Who inspired Dorothy to pick up her fiction writing again?
5. After receiving a telegram from John Garrett, what did Dorothy consider?
Short Essay Questions
1. While traveling to Europe after her dog, Robinson, passed, who did Dorothy connect with? What other event happened while Dorothy and Mary were in transit? Why did she feel a connection to this woman and what did she end up doing that greatly affected Dorthy?
2. In 1967, Marcella Cisney proposed to Dorothy the production of "A Dorothy Parker Portfolio", Dorothy gave her full support. How did this production give Dorothy the last say in her life?
3. What happened in Dorothy's career that was difficult for her?
4. What about Dorothy and Alan's reconciliation was significant?
5. What about Dorothy and Alan's relationship changed after Alan went to basic training?
6. Who was the most successful person to get work out of Dorothy. How did they succeed?
7. How was Alan Campbell perfectly suited for Dorothy?
8. After Dorothy's second miscarriage, how did she cope?
9. What did Dorothy seek more than anything during the later years of her life?
10. What was Dorothy and Alan's reason for leaving California?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)