|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project was started, but was never finished?
(a) Dorothy's autobiography.
(b) Dorothy's memoir.
(c) Dorothy's fantasy novel.
(d) Dorothy's fiction novel.
2. What was the house called that Alan and Dorothy purchase?
(a) Meadow House.
(b) River House.
(c) Fox House.
(d) Revolutionary House.
3. Dorothy and Alan did something shocking three months after she returned from Mexico. What was that?
(a) They returned to California.
(b) They returned to Mexico.
(c) They remarried.
(d) They sold the house in Pennsylvania.
4. How many columns did Dorothy end up writing for Esquire?
5. In 1967 Marcella Cisney asked Dorothy's permission to do what?
(a) Produce A Dorothy Parker Autobiography.
(b) Produce A Dorothy Parker Portfolio.
(c) Produce A Dorothy Parker Memoir.
(d) Produce Dorothy Parker: What Fresh Hell is This?
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill did Alan possess that Dorothy did not?
2. Who was Dorothy's personal hero?
3. Where do Dorothy and Alan move to in California?
4. What were the Screen Playwrights able to do in 1938?
5. What did Dorothy and Alan apply for instead of working?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dorothy and Alan's reason for leaving California?
2. What was so controversial about Dorothy's pregnancy? What was unique about her reaction to her miscarriage?
3. What happened in Dorothy's career that was difficult for her?
4. While in Europe, Dorothy interviewed Ernest Hemingway after "A Farewell to Arms" was published. During the interview, Hemingway was very restrictive of the questions she was allowed to ask. What did his restrictions cause Dorothy to do? Why did Hemingway make the restrictions?
5. What events led to the marriage between Dorothy and Alan?
6. What did John Garrett do that effected Dorothy in such profound way? How did his actions effect Dorothy?
7. Who was the most successful person to get work out of Dorothy. How did they succeed?
8. Dorothy purchased two dogs while in Europe. What role in Dorothy's life did these dogs fill? Why did she feel she needed canine companionship?
9. Dorothy was happy with Alan, but what about her life wasn't fulfilling?
10. What about Dorothy and Alan's reconciliation was significant?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)