|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project was started, but was never finished?
(a) Dorothy's memoir.
(b) Dorothy's fiction novel.
(c) Dorothy's autobiography.
(d) Dorothy's fantasy novel.
2. Who was Dorothy's personal hero?
(a) Moss Hart.
(b) Dashiell Hammett.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Lillian Hellman.
3. What did Lillian want from Dorothy more than anything?
(a) For Dorothy to write a play about her.
(b) For Dorothy to trade her husbands.
(c) For Dorothy not to talk badly about her behind her back.
(d) For Dorothy to write a poem about her.
4. Dorothy donated money to several causes during 1936. What about donating the money never occurred to her?
(a) Ask questions about the origins of the groups or how the money was spent.
(b) Follow up with the groups.
(c) Do research on the causes.
(d) File the donations on her taxes.
5. How old did Dorothy turn in 1933?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Dorothy want to go to the Yaddo, a 400-acre retreat for artists?
2. What group did Dorothy co-found in 1936?
3. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
4. In 1967 Marcella Cisney asked Dorothy's permission to do what?
5. Who did Alan replace in Dorothy's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Dorothy's career that was difficult for her?
2. What was Dorothy and Alan's reason for leaving California?
3. What about Dorothy and Alan's relationship changed after Alan went to basic training?
4. What brought Dorothy to California for again? How did she feel about going back?
5. In 1967, Marcella Cisney proposed to Dorothy the production of "A Dorothy Parker Portfolio", Dorothy gave her full support. How did this production give Dorothy the last say in her life?
6. While traveling to Europe after her dog, Robinson, passed, who did Dorothy connect with? What other event happened while Dorothy and Mary were in transit? Why did she feel a connection to this woman and what did she end up doing that greatly affected Dorthy?
7. What significant event happened to Dorothy's relationship with Robert Benchley in 1937?
8. What about working in Hollywood did Dorothy find relieving?
9. Dorothy purchased two dogs while in Europe. What role in Dorothy's life did these dogs fill? Why did she feel she needed canine companionship?
10. What did John Garrett do that effected Dorothy in such profound way? How did his actions effect Dorothy?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)