|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Alan stationed after being shipped overseas?
2. To survive, financially, what did Dorthy do?
(a) She published work she was ashamed of.
(b) She took on roommates.
(c) She wrote a book of comedy.
(d) She moved to her sister's house.
3. What did Alan have installed in the house that he saw in a movie?
(a) A trap door under a false fireplace.
(b) A trap door behind a false bookcase.
(c) A trap door behind a false fireplace.
(d) A trap door under a statue.
4. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
(a) Lillian Hellman.
(b) John Garrett.
(c) Robert Sherwood.
(d) Robert Benchley.
5. What did Dorothy die of?
(b) She fell after drinking too much.
(c) Cereberal hemorrhage.
(d) Heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1946, what did Dorothy do about her relationship with Alan?
2. What did Dorothy buy in London?
3. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
4. Who died in 1945 that was close to Dorothy?
5. What did Dorothy do to all the work she created while in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1967, Marcella Cisney proposed to Dorothy the production of "A Dorothy Parker Portfolio", Dorothy gave her full support. How did this production give Dorothy the last say in her life?
2. What significant event happened to Dorothy's relationship with Robert Benchley in 1937?
3. After Dorothy's second miscarriage, how did she cope?
4. What about Dorothy and Alan's relationship changed after Alan went to basic training?
5. Who was the most successful person to get work out of Dorothy. How did they succeed?
6. What cause did Dorothy focus her efforts on and how?
7. What was so controversial about Dorothy's pregnancy? What was unique about her reaction to her miscarriage?
8. What about Dorothy and Alan's reconciliation was significant?
9. While in Europe, Dorothy interviewed Ernest Hemingway after "A Farewell to Arms" was published. During the interview, Hemingway was very restrictive of the questions she was allowed to ask. What did his restrictions cause Dorothy to do? Why did Hemingway make the restrictions?
10. What about working in Hollywood did Dorothy find relieving?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)