|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did F.Scott Fitzgerald look to replace his ailing wife with?
(a) Sheilah Graham.
(b) Lillian Hellman.
(c) Dorothy Parker.
(d) Sheelagh Kennedy.
2. In 1946, what did Dorothy do about her relationship with Alan?
(a) She announced her intent to divorce him.
(b) She reconciled with him.
(c) She had an affair with even younger men to spite him.
(d) She moved overseas to be with him.
3. Where was Alan stationed after being shipped overseas?
4. How did Dorothy try to commit suicide after she realized how far behind her novel, "Sonnets to a Suicide", is?
(a) Pain killer overdose.
(b) Jumping into the Seine.
(c) Drinking a bottle of shoe polish.
(d) Standing on train tracks.
5. What did Alan have installed in the house that he saw in a movie?
(a) A trap door behind a false bookcase.
(b) A trap door under a statue.
(c) A trap door behind a false fireplace.
(d) A trap door under a false fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alan and Dorothy felt that they couldn't lay down roots in Hollywood. Where did they buy a house to do just that?
2. Who did Dorothy meet in the winter of 1936 that caused her grief?
3. What did Dorothy and Alan apply for instead of working?
4. What was the name of the incriminating play that featured a character similar to Dorothy that debuted in 1934?
5. What skill did Alan possess that Dorothy did not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What cause did Dorothy focus her efforts on and how?
2. What events led to the marriage between Dorothy and Alan?
3. How was Alan Campbell perfectly suited for Dorothy?
4. Dorothy was advised to write a will, though her assets were modest. Who did Dorothy leave her estate to? What all did her estate include?
5. What about Norma Place was strange to Dorothy? How did it make her uncomfortable?
6. Dorothy purchased two dogs while in Europe. What role in Dorothy's life did these dogs fill? Why did she feel she needed canine companionship?
7. What did John Garrett do that effected Dorothy in such profound way? How did his actions effect Dorothy?
8. What happened in Dorothy's career that was difficult for her?
9. In 1967, Marcella Cisney proposed to Dorothy the production of "A Dorothy Parker Portfolio", Dorothy gave her full support. How did this production give Dorothy the last say in her life?
10. Who was the most successful person to get work out of Dorothy. How did they succeed?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)