|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the studios give to Dorothy and Alan that suit them perfectly?
(a) Scripts that no one else could make work.
(b) Scripts that required no work.
(c) Scripts that were considered inappropriate.
(d) Scripts that were doomed to fail.
2. What cause did Dorothy feel the need to get involved in?
(a) The Third Reich's persecution of the Jews.
(b) The Screen Actors Guild.
(c) The Third Reich's youth group.
(d) The Communist Propaganda.
3. What project was started, but was never finished?
(a) Dorothy's fantasy novel.
(b) Dorothy's memoir.
(c) Dorothy's fiction novel.
(d) Dorothy's autobiography.
4. After 20 years, what did Dorothy feel she had enough energy to do?
(a) Write her memoirs.
(b) Make a date at the Algonquin to meet friends.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Be in society.
5. Within weeks of being in Spain, what cause did Dorothy get involved in?
(a) American Committe to Aid Spanish Socialism.
(b) American Committee to Aid Spanish Diplomacy.
(c) American Committee to Aid Spanish Democracy.
(d) American Committee to Aid Spanish Hunger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Alan scheme to get for Dorothy?
2. What movie earned Dorothy an Academy Award Nomination?
3. What group did Dorothy co-found in 1936?
4. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
5. How long was Dorothy's obituary in the New York Times?
Short Essay Questions
1. While traveling to Europe after her dog, Robinson, passed, who did Dorothy connect with? What other event happened while Dorothy and Mary were in transit? Why did she feel a connection to this woman and what did she end up doing that greatly affected Dorthy?
2. What about Norma Place was strange to Dorothy? How did it make her uncomfortable?
3. What realizations did Dorothy come to after Benchley's death?
4. What cause did Dorothy focus her efforts on and how?
5. What about Dorothy and Alan's reconciliation was significant?
6. In 1967, Marcella Cisney proposed to Dorothy the production of "A Dorothy Parker Portfolio", Dorothy gave her full support. How did this production give Dorothy the last say in her life?
7. What brought Dorothy to California for again? How did she feel about going back?
8. Dorothy was happy with Alan, but what about her life wasn't fulfilling?
9. What was so controversial about Dorothy's pregnancy? What was unique about her reaction to her miscarriage?
10. What events led to the marriage between Dorothy and Alan?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)