|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dorothy and Alan apply for instead of working?
(a) The Guild of the Unemployed Screen Writers.
(c) Retirement Fund of the Screen Actors Guild.
(d) The Screen Writers Guild retirement fund.
2. Where was the job with Elitch Gardens located that Alan was offered?
(c) New York.
3. What was the second cause Dorothy becomes involved in during 1936?
(a) Actor's rights.
(b) Children's rights.
(c) Writer's rights.
(d) Producer's rights.
4. Who did Dorothy turn to when Alan left?
(a) The Murphys.
(b) The Benchley's.
(c) The Fitzgeralds.
(d) Her family.
5. What did Dorothy die of?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) She fell after drinking too much.
(c) Cereberal hemorrhage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed Dorothy's plans?
2. What job did Alan scheme to get for Dorothy?
3. Who was Dorothy's personal hero?
4. Who did Dorothy want to differentiate herself with?
5. Who fulfilled Dorothy's maternal need?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so controversial about Dorothy's pregnancy? What was unique about her reaction to her miscarriage?
2. What did Dorothy seek more than anything during the later years of her life?
3. What cause did Dorothy focus her efforts on and how?
4. Who was the most successful person to get work out of Dorothy. How did they succeed?
5. What about Dorothy and Alan's relationship changed after Alan went to basic training?
6. In 1967, Marcella Cisney proposed to Dorothy the production of "A Dorothy Parker Portfolio", Dorothy gave her full support. How did this production give Dorothy the last say in her life?
7. What about Norma Place was strange to Dorothy? How did it make her uncomfortable?
8. What realizations did Dorothy come to after Benchley's death?
9. What significant event happened to Dorothy's relationship with Robert Benchley in 1937?
10. After Dorothy's second miscarriage, how did she cope?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)