|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
(a) Robert Benchley.
(b) Robert Sherwood.
(c) Lillian Hellman.
(d) John Garrett.
2. How old was Dorothy when she took the teaching job?
(a) Over 70.
(b) Almost 75.
(c) Almost 72.
(d) Almost 70.
3. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
(a) Moulin Rouge.
(b) A bordello in town.
(c) A bar by the Seine.
4. Alan and Dorothy felt that they couldn't lay down roots in Hollywood. Where did they buy a house to do just that?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) New Hampshire.
5. What job did Alan scheme to get for Dorothy?
(a) Professor of Written Arts at California State Colelge.
(b) English Professor at California State College.
(c) Professor of Written Arts at University of California.
(d) English Professor at University of California.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1967 Marcella Cisney asked Dorothy's permission to do what?
2. What project was started, but was never finished?
3. To what group did Dorothy get elected to the board of in 1938?
4. What were the Screen Playwrights able to do in 1938?
5. Where did Alan take Dorothy on their honeymoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Dorothy's second miscarriage, how did she cope?
2. In 1967, Marcella Cisney proposed to Dorothy the production of "A Dorothy Parker Portfolio", Dorothy gave her full support. How did this production give Dorothy the last say in her life?
3. What did Dorothy seek more than anything during the later years of her life?
4. Dorothy purchased two dogs while in Europe. What role in Dorothy's life did these dogs fill? Why did she feel she needed canine companionship?
5. Who was the most successful person to get work out of Dorothy. How did they succeed?
6. How was Alan Campbell perfectly suited for Dorothy?
7. What realizations did Dorothy come to after Benchley's death?
8. What happened in Dorothy's career that was difficult for her?
9. What significant event happened to Dorothy's relationship with Robert Benchley in 1937?
10. While in Europe, Dorothy interviewed Ernest Hemingway after "A Farewell to Arms" was published. During the interview, Hemingway was very restrictive of the questions she was allowed to ask. What did his restrictions cause Dorothy to do? Why did Hemingway make the restrictions?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)