|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Dorothy when she took the teaching job?
(a) Almost 72.
(b) Almost 70.
(c) Almost 75.
(d) Over 70.
2. Who fulfilled Dorothy's maternal need?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her animals.
(c) Her family.
(d) Alan Campbell.
3. Who did Dorothy turn to when Alan left?
(a) The Fitzgeralds.
(b) Her family.
(c) The Murphys.
(d) The Benchley's.
4. How old did Dorothy turn in 1933?
5. What were the Screen Playwrights able to do in 1938?
(a) Publicize their cause.
(d) Recruit more members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dorothy donated money to several causes during 1936. What about donating the money never occurred to her?
2. To survive, financially, what did Dorthy do?
3. Dorothy had enough of the filth of living with roommates and moved where?
4. What saved George Kaufman, the writer of the incriminating play, from Dorothy's wrath?
5. After her trip to Mexico, where did Dorothy return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dorothy purchased two dogs while in Europe. What role in Dorothy's life did these dogs fill? Why did she feel she needed canine companionship?
2. What was so controversial about Dorothy's pregnancy? What was unique about her reaction to her miscarriage?
3. What did Dorothy seek more than anything during the later years of her life?
4. What about Norma Place was strange to Dorothy? How did it make her uncomfortable?
5. Dorothy was happy with Alan, but what about her life wasn't fulfilling?
6. In 1967, Marcella Cisney proposed to Dorothy the production of "A Dorothy Parker Portfolio", Dorothy gave her full support. How did this production give Dorothy the last say in her life?
7. What brought Dorothy to California for again? How did she feel about going back?
8. What did John Garrett do that effected Dorothy in such profound way? How did his actions effect Dorothy?
9. How was Alan Campbell perfectly suited for Dorothy?
10. What realizations did Dorothy come to after Benchley's death?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)