|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alan and Dorothy felt that they couldn't lay down roots in Hollywood. Where did they buy a house to do just that?
(b) South Carolina.
(d) New Hampshire.
2. What did Alan have installed in the house that he saw in a movie?
(a) A trap door behind a false bookcase.
(b) A trap door under a false fireplace.
(c) A trap door under a statue.
(d) A trap door behind a false fireplace.
3. When did Dorothy and Alan get married?
(a) June 18, 1934.
(b) July 8, 1934.
(c) June 8, 1934.
(d) June 28, 1934.
4. Where was Alan stationed after being shipped overseas?
5. What job did Alan scheme to get for Dorothy?
(a) Professor of Written Arts at University of California.
(b) Professor of Written Arts at California State Colelge.
(c) English Professor at University of California.
(d) English Professor at California State College.
6. Who fulfilled Dorothy's maternal need?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her animals.
(c) Alan Campbell.
(d) Her friends.
7. What was considered risque behavior that Dorothy and Alan participated in?
(a) They were living in sin.
(b) They got piercings.
(c) They had an open marriage.
(d) They got tattoos.
8. What project was started, but was never finished?
(a) Dorothy's autobiography.
(b) Dorothy's fiction novel.
(c) Dorothy's memoir.
(d) Dorothy's fantasy novel.
9. In her will, who did Dorothy leave all her assets to?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The NRA.
(c) Reverend Martin Luther King.
(d) The Screen Writers Guild.
10. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
(b) Moulin Rouge.
(c) A bar by the Seine.
(d) A bordello in town.
11. Dorothy and Alan did something shocking three months after she returned from Mexico. What was that?
(a) They remarried.
(b) They returned to California.
(c) They returned to Mexico.
(d) They sold the house in Pennsylvania.
12. How did Dorothy try to commit suicide after she realized how far behind her novel, "Sonnets to a Suicide", is?
(a) Drinking a bottle of shoe polish.
(b) Standing on train tracks.
(c) Pain killer overdose.
(d) Jumping into the Seine.
13. In 1937, what did Dorothy and Alan do?
(a) Wrote their own movie script.
(b) Bid farewell to California.
(c) Sell their house in Pennsylvania.
(d) Have Alan's mother move in with them.
14. What was the house called that Alan and Dorothy purchase?
(a) Fox House.
(b) River House.
(c) Meadow House.
(d) Revolutionary House.
15. Who was the other "most sought-after" women of 1932?
(a) Sarah Murphy.
(b) Zelda Fitzgerald.
(c) Fanny Brice.
(d) Mary Mooney.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1967 Marcella Cisney asked Dorothy's permission to do what?
2. What award did Dorothy receive in 1958?
3. What movie earned Dorothy an Academy Award Nomination?
4. In 1946, what did Dorothy do about her relationship with Alan?
5. What did Lillian want from Dorothy more than anything?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)