|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dorothy donated money to several causes during 1936. What about donating the money never occurred to her?
(a) Follow up with the groups.
(b) File the donations on her taxes.
(c) Ask questions about the origins of the groups or how the money was spent.
(d) Do research on the causes.
2. What did Dorothy's ideas change about?
(a) Death and aging.
(b) Aging and relationships.
(c) Marriage and family.
(d) Death and immortality.
3. Who fulfilled Dorothy's maternal need?
(a) Her family.
(b) Alan Campbell.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her animals.
4. In 1967 Marcella Cisney asked Dorothy's permission to do what?
(a) Produce A Dorothy Parker Autobiography.
(b) Produce A Dorothy Parker Memoir.
(c) Produce A Dorothy Parker Portfolio.
(d) Produce Dorothy Parker: What Fresh Hell is This?
5. Alan and Dorothy felt that they couldn't lay down roots in Hollywood. Where did they buy a house to do just that?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) South Carolina.
6. How did Dorothy try to commit suicide after she realized how far behind her novel, "Sonnets to a Suicide", is?
(a) Drinking a bottle of shoe polish.
(b) Jumping into the Seine.
(c) Pain killer overdose.
(d) Standing on train tracks.
7. Where was the job with Elitch Gardens located that Alan was offered?
(a) New York.
8. What was considered risque behavior that Dorothy and Alan participated in?
(a) They had an open marriage.
(b) They got tattoos.
(c) They got piercings.
(d) They were living in sin.
9. Who did Dorothy meet in the winter of 1936 that caused her grief?
(a) Lillian Hellman.
(b) Horte Campbell.
(c) Otto Katz.
(d) Don Stewart.
10. What skill did Alan possess that Dorothy did not?
(a) Decorating skills.
(b) Cooking skills.
(c) Fashion sense.
(d) Home making skills.
11. Who did Dorothy want to differentiate herself with?
(a) Other women.
(b) Other socialites.
(c) Other writers.
(d) Other Round Tablers.
12. Who did Alan replace in Dorothy's life?
(a) Robert Benchley.
(b) Her Mother.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Robert Sherwood.
13. What award did Dorothy receive in 1958?
(a) The Academy Award.
(b) The Marjorie Peabody Waite Award.
(c) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(d) The Esquire Award.
14. To what group did Dorothy get elected to the board of in 1938?
(a) The Screen Actors Guild.
(b) The Hollywood Communist Party.
(c) The Hollywood Anti-Nazi Party.
(d) The Screen Writers Guild.
15. Where did Alan take Dorothy on their honeymoon?
(d) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened across the country in 1933?
2. Where do Dorothy and Alan move to in California?
3. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
4. Why did most of the writers from the East Coast end up in Hollywood?
5. What saved George Kaufman, the writer of the incriminating play, from Dorothy's wrath?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)