|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family did Dorothy visit while in Antibes?
(a) The Oppenheimers.
(b) The Hemingways.
(c) The Fitzgeralds.
(d) The Murpheys.
2. In 1946, what did Dorothy do about her relationship with Alan?
(a) She moved overseas to be with him.
(b) She reconciled with him.
(c) She announced her intent to divorce him.
(d) She had an affair with even younger men to spite him.
3. Alan and Dorothy felt that they couldn't lay down roots in Hollywood. Where did they buy a house to do just that?
(b) New Hampshire.
(d) South Carolina.
4. On what day did Dorothy pass away?
(a) June 17th.
(b) June 6th.
(c) June 21st.
(d) June 7th.
5. What did Dorothy do to all the work she created while in Paris?
(a) She tore it up.
(b) She lost it all when her satchel was stolen.
(c) She saved it to submit when she got back to the city.
(d) It got lost in a housefire.
6. When her relationship with John McCain ended, how did Dorothy try to kill herself?
7. What group did Dorothy co-found in 1936?
(a) The Hollywood Anti-Communist League.
(b) The Hollywood Anti-Nazi League.
(c) The Hollywood Screen Actor's Guild.
(d) The Hollywood Screen Writer's Guild.
8. What did Dorothy die of?
(a) She fell after drinking too much.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Cereberal hemorrhage.
9. In 1937, what did Dorothy and Alan do?
(a) Bid farewell to California.
(b) Sell their house in Pennsylvania.
(c) Have Alan's mother move in with them.
(d) Wrote their own movie script.
10. Within weeks of being in Spain, what cause did Dorothy get involved in?
(a) American Committee to Aid Spanish Democracy.
(b) American Committee to Aid Spanish Diplomacy.
(c) American Committee to Aid Spanish Hunger.
(d) American Committe to Aid Spanish Socialism.
11. Who did Dorothy want to differentiate herself with?
(a) Other writers.
(b) Other socialites.
(c) Other Round Tablers.
(d) Other women.
12. What project was started, but was never finished?
(a) Dorothy's fantasy novel.
(b) Dorothy's autobiography.
(c) Dorothy's fiction novel.
(d) Dorothy's memoir.
13. What skill did Alan possess that Dorothy did not?
(a) Fashion sense.
(b) Cooking skills.
(c) Decorating skills.
(d) Home making skills.
14. What were the Screen Playwrights able to do in 1938?
(a) Publicize their cause.
(b) Recruit more members.
15. What happened across the country in 1933?
(a) Prohibition was repealed.
(b) Socialist ideas were widespread.
(c) World War I ended.
(d) The stock market crashed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dorothy and Alan did something shocking three months after she returned from Mexico. What was that?
2. How many columns did Dorothy end up writing for Esquire?
3. Where did Alan take Dorothy on their honeymoon?
4. What award did Dorothy receive in 1958?
5. Who did Dorothy turn to when Alan left?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)