|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the house called that Alan and Dorothy purchase?
(a) River House.
(b) Meadow House.
(c) Revolutionary House.
(d) Fox House.
2. What movie earned Dorothy an Academy Award Nomination?
(a) A Long Hot Summer.
(b) Ladies of the Cooridoor.
(c) The Lost Weekend.
(d) Some Like it Hot.
3. What was the second cause Dorothy becomes involved in during 1936?
(a) Producer's rights.
(b) Children's rights.
(c) Actor's rights.
(d) Writer's rights.
4. Why did most of the writers from the East Coast end up in Hollywood?
(a) The working conditions were better.
(b) The beach.
(c) The salaries were exorbitant.
(d) The weather.
5. To what group did Dorothy get elected to the board of in 1938?
(a) The Hollywood Anti-Nazi Party.
(b) The Screen Writers Guild.
(c) The Screen Actors Guild.
(d) The Hollywood Communist Party.
6. What award did Dorothy receive in 1958?
(a) The Marjorie Peabody Waite Award.
(b) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) The Esquire Award.
(d) The Academy Award.
7. In her will, who did Dorothy leave all her assets to?
(a) The Screen Writers Guild.
(b) The NRA.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) Reverend Martin Luther King.
8. What did the studios give to Dorothy and Alan that suit them perfectly?
(a) Scripts that no one else could make work.
(b) Scripts that required no work.
(c) Scripts that were considered inappropriate.
(d) Scripts that were doomed to fail.
9. What did Dorothy die of?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) She fell after drinking too much.
(d) Cereberal hemorrhage.
10. What job did Alan scheme to get for Dorothy?
(a) Professor of Written Arts at California State Colelge.
(b) Professor of Written Arts at University of California.
(c) English Professor at University of California.
(d) English Professor at California State College.
11. What was considered risque behavior that Dorothy and Alan participated in?
(a) They were living in sin.
(b) They got tattoos.
(c) They had an open marriage.
(d) They got piercings.
12. Dorothy donated money to several causes during 1936. What about donating the money never occurred to her?
(a) Do research on the causes.
(b) Ask questions about the origins of the groups or how the money was spent.
(c) File the donations on her taxes.
(d) Follow up with the groups.
13. Who fulfilled Dorothy's maternal need?
(a) Her animals.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Alan Campbell.
14. On what day did Dorothy pass away?
(a) June 7th.
(b) June 6th.
(c) June 17th.
(d) June 21st.
15. What did Dorothy do to all the work she created while in Paris?
(a) She tore it up.
(b) She saved it to submit when she got back to the city.
(c) It got lost in a housefire.
(d) She lost it all when her satchel was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saved George Kaufman, the writer of the incriminating play, from Dorothy's wrath?
2. What did Alan do the day he passed away?
3. What did Alan have installed in the house that he saw in a movie?
4. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
5. How many times was Valencia bombed while Dorothy and Alan were in Spain?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)