|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed Dorothy's plans?
(a) Benchley invited her to Bath.
(b) The Murpheys invited her to the Swiss Alps.
(c) Benchley invited her to Venice.
(d) The Murphey's invited her to Rome.
2. How many columns did Dorothy end up writing for Esquire?
3. In her will, who did Dorothy leave all her assets to?
(a) Reverend Martin Luther King.
(b) The NRA.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Screen Writers Guild.
4. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
(a) A bordello in town.
(c) Moulin Rouge.
(d) A bar by the Seine.
5. What did Alan do the day he passed away?
(a) He made a large dinner.
(b) He let the dog loose.
(c) He shopped for a wardrobe for Dorothy.
(d) He picked up his dry cleaning.
6. Why didn't Dorothy want to go to the Yaddo, a 400-acre retreat for artists?
(a) She wasn't allowed to drink there.
(b) Her family wasn't allowed to visit.
(c) Her friends weren't allowed to visit.
(d) She couldn't bring her dog.
7. When her relationship with John McCain ended, how did Dorothy try to kill herself?
8. How did Dorothy try to commit suicide after she realized how far behind her novel, "Sonnets to a Suicide", is?
(a) Pain killer overdose.
(b) Drinking a bottle of shoe polish.
(c) Jumping into the Seine.
(d) Standing on train tracks.
9. When did Dorothy and Alan get married?
(a) June 28, 1934.
(b) June 18, 1934.
(c) July 8, 1934.
(d) June 8, 1934.
10. Dorothy had enough of the filth of living with roommates and moved where?
(a) The Algonquin.
(c) The Volney.
(d) With Kate d'Usseau.
11. Where do Dorothy and Alan move to in California?
(a) Norma Road.
(b) Chino Hills.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) Norma Place.
12. Who did Alan replace in Dorothy's life?
(a) Robert Sherwood.
(b) Robert Benchley.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Her Mother.
13. What was the house called that Alan and Dorothy purchase?
(a) Fox House.
(b) Meadow House.
(c) Revolutionary House.
(d) River House.
14. What group did Dorothy co-found in 1936?
(a) The Hollywood Screen Actor's Guild.
(b) The Hollywood Anti-Nazi League.
(c) The Hollywood Anti-Communist League.
(d) The Hollywood Screen Writer's Guild.
15. What was the name of the Dachshund Dorothy bought in Munich?
(a) Wunder Milka.
(b) Liebe Luger.
(c) Udo Lindenberg.
(d) Eiko von Vlutenberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who inspired Dorothy to pick up her fiction writing again?
2. Within weeks of being in Spain, what cause did Dorothy get involved in?
3. On what day did Dorothy pass away?
4. After her trip to Mexico, where did Dorothy return?
5. What cause did Dorothy feel the need to get involved in?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)