|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what group did Dorothy get elected to the board of in 1938?
(a) The Hollywood Anti-Nazi Party.
(b) The Hollywood Communist Party.
(c) The Screen Writers Guild.
(d) The Screen Actors Guild.
2. Who inspired Dorothy to pick up her fiction writing again?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Alan Campbell.
(c) Robert Benchley.
(d) Sheilah Graham.
3. Who did Dorothy want to differentiate herself with?
(a) Other Round Tablers.
(b) Other women.
(c) Other socialites.
(d) Other writers.
4. What skill did Alan possess that Dorothy did not?
(a) Cooking skills.
(b) Home making skills.
(c) Fashion sense.
(d) Decorating skills.
5. Who did Dorothy turn to when Alan left?
(a) The Benchley's.
(b) Her family.
(c) The Murphys.
(d) The Fitzgeralds.
6. Dorothy and Alan did something shocking three months after she returned from Mexico. What was that?
(a) They sold the house in Pennsylvania.
(b) They returned to Mexico.
(c) They remarried.
(d) They returned to California.
7. In 1946, what did Dorothy do about her relationship with Alan?
(a) She had an affair with even younger men to spite him.
(b) She moved overseas to be with him.
(c) She announced her intent to divorce him.
(d) She reconciled with him.
8. After receiving a telegram from John Garrett, what did Dorothy consider?
(a) Suicide by jumping off the balcony.
(b) Accepting his marriage proposal.
(c) Suicide by drowning in the Seine.
(d) Going home to New York.
9. What did Lillian want from Dorothy more than anything?
(a) For Dorothy to write a poem about her.
(b) For Dorothy to write a play about her.
(c) For Dorothy to trade her husbands.
(d) For Dorothy not to talk badly about her behind her back.
10. In her will, who did Dorothy leave all her assets to?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Screen Writers Guild.
(c) Reverend Martin Luther King.
(d) The NRA.
11. Where was the job with Elitch Gardens located that Alan was offered?
(b) New York.
12. What changed Dorothy's plans?
(a) Benchley invited her to Venice.
(b) Benchley invited her to Bath.
(c) The Murphey's invited her to Rome.
(d) The Murpheys invited her to the Swiss Alps.
13. Why didn't Dorothy want to go to the Yaddo, a 400-acre retreat for artists?
(a) Her friends weren't allowed to visit.
(b) She couldn't bring her dog.
(c) She wasn't allowed to drink there.
(d) Her family wasn't allowed to visit.
14. Why did most of the writers from the East Coast end up in Hollywood?
(a) The salaries were exorbitant.
(b) The working conditions were better.
(c) The beach.
(d) The weather.
15. What was the name of the Dachshund Dorothy bought in Munich?
(a) Wunder Milka.
(b) Udo Lindenberg.
(c) Liebe Luger.
(d) Eiko von Vlutenberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the house called that Alan and Dorothy purchase?
2. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
3. What did Alan have installed in the house that he saw in a movie?
4. Alan and Dorothy felt that they couldn't lay down roots in Hollywood. Where did they buy a house to do just that?
5. What did the studios give to Dorothy and Alan that suit them perfectly?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)