|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day did Dorothy pass away?
(a) June 17th.
(b) June 21st.
(c) June 7th.
(d) June 6th.
2. What did Dorothy discover when she was 43?
(a) That she had sibling's she'd never met.
(b) That she was pregnant.
(c) That her husband was only with her for money.
(d) That her mother-in-law didn't like her.
3. What did Dorothy's ideas change about?
(a) Death and aging.
(b) Death and immortality.
(c) Aging and relationships.
(d) Marriage and family.
4. What happened across the country in 1933?
(a) Prohibition was repealed.
(b) Socialist ideas were widespread.
(c) The stock market crashed.
(d) World War I ended.
5. After her trip to Mexico, where did Dorothy return?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
6. How long was Dorothy's obituary in the New York Times?
(a) Two paragraphs.
(b) Ten pages.
(c) Twenty paragraphs.
(d) Two pages.
7. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
(a) Robert Benchley.
(b) John Garrett.
(c) Robert Sherwood.
(d) Lillian Hellman.
8. Why didn't Dorothy want to go to the Yaddo, a 400-acre retreat for artists?
(a) Her family wasn't allowed to visit.
(b) She couldn't bring her dog.
(c) She wasn't allowed to drink there.
(d) Her friends weren't allowed to visit.
9. Who did Dorothy want to differentiate herself with?
(a) Other socialites.
(b) Other writers.
(c) Other Round Tablers.
(d) Other women.
10. How old did Dorothy turn in 1933?
11. What did Lillian want from Dorothy more than anything?
(a) For Dorothy to trade her husbands.
(b) For Dorothy not to talk badly about her behind her back.
(c) For Dorothy to write a play about her.
(d) For Dorothy to write a poem about her.
12. In 1937, what did Dorothy and Alan do?
(a) Wrote their own movie script.
(b) Have Alan's mother move in with them.
(c) Bid farewell to California.
(d) Sell their house in Pennsylvania.
13. In 1967 Marcella Cisney asked Dorothy's permission to do what?
(a) Produce A Dorothy Parker Memoir.
(b) Produce A Dorothy Parker Autobiography.
(c) Produce Dorothy Parker: What Fresh Hell is This?
(d) Produce A Dorothy Parker Portfolio.
14. How did Dorothy try to commit suicide after she realized how far behind her novel, "Sonnets to a Suicide", is?
(a) Jumping into the Seine.
(b) Standing on train tracks.
(c) Drinking a bottle of shoe polish.
(d) Pain killer overdose.
15. What award did Dorothy receive in 1958?
(a) The Academy Award.
(b) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) The Esquire Award.
(d) The Marjorie Peabody Waite Award.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dorothy and Alan apply for instead of working?
2. Where did Alan take Dorothy on their honeymoon?
3. Who did Dorothy turn to when Alan left?
4. With whom did F.Scott Fitzgerald look to replace his ailing wife with?
5. What was Robinson attacked by?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)