|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dorothy die of?
(b) Cereberal hemorrhage.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) She fell after drinking too much.
2. What did Dorothy and Alan apply for instead of working?
(b) The Screen Writers Guild retirement fund.
(c) Retirement Fund of the Screen Actors Guild.
(d) The Guild of the Unemployed Screen Writers.
3. Who did Dorothy want to differentiate herself with?
(a) Other women.
(b) Other Round Tablers.
(c) Other writers.
(d) Other socialites.
4. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
(a) Robert Sherwood.
(b) Robert Benchley.
(c) Lillian Hellman.
(d) John Garrett.
5. Who fulfilled Dorothy's maternal need?
(a) Her family.
(b) Alan Campbell.
(c) Her animals.
(d) Her friends.
6. Within weeks of being in Spain, what cause did Dorothy get involved in?
(a) American Committee to Aid Spanish Democracy.
(b) American Committee to Aid Spanish Diplomacy.
(c) American Committe to Aid Spanish Socialism.
(d) American Committee to Aid Spanish Hunger.
7. In her will, who did Dorothy leave all her assets to?
(a) Reverend Martin Luther King.
(b) The NRA.
(c) The Screen Writers Guild.
(d) The Communist Party.
8. How long was Dorothy's obituary in the New York Times?
(a) Ten pages.
(b) Two pages.
(c) Twenty paragraphs.
(d) Two paragraphs.
9. Who did Alan replace in Dorothy's life?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Her Mother.
(c) Robert Benchley.
(d) Robert Sherwood.
10. What was the name of the incriminating play that featured a character similar to Dorothy that debuted in 1934?
(a) An Alcoholic Woman.
(b) Merrily We Roll Along.
(c) Sing We Now.
(d) A Wisecracking Woman.
11. Where do Dorothy and Alan move to in California?
(a) Norma Place.
(b) Chino Hills.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) Norma Road.
12. What did Alan have installed in the house that he saw in a movie?
(a) A trap door under a false fireplace.
(b) A trap door behind a false fireplace.
(c) A trap door behind a false bookcase.
(d) A trap door under a statue.
13. Dorothy and Alan did something shocking three months after she returned from Mexico. What was that?
(a) They returned to Mexico.
(b) They returned to California.
(c) They sold the house in Pennsylvania.
(d) They remarried.
14. Who inspired Dorothy to pick up her fiction writing again?
(a) Sheilah Graham.
(b) Robert Benchley.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Alan Campbell.
15. On what day did Dorothy pass away?
(a) June 6th.
(b) June 17th.
(c) June 21st.
(d) June 7th.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Dorothy meet at the National Institute of Arts and Letters banquet?
2. Who was Dorothy's personal hero?
3. Who did Dorothy turn to when Alan left?
4. What changed Dorothy's plans?
5. What was Robinson attacked by?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)