|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Dorothy's obituary in the New York Times?
(a) Two paragraphs.
(b) Twenty paragraphs.
(c) Ten pages.
(d) Two pages.
2. Who did Dorothy meet in the winter of 1936 that caused her grief?
(a) Lillian Hellman.
(b) Don Stewart.
(c) Otto Katz.
(d) Horte Campbell.
3. What skill did Alan possess that Dorothy did not?
(a) Home making skills.
(b) Decorating skills.
(c) Cooking skills.
(d) Fashion sense.
4. What did Dorothy discover when she was 43?
(a) That her husband was only with her for money.
(b) That her mother-in-law didn't like her.
(c) That she had sibling's she'd never met.
(d) That she was pregnant.
5. What did Dorothy do to all the work she created while in Paris?
(a) It got lost in a housefire.
(b) She lost it all when her satchel was stolen.
(c) She tore it up.
(d) She saved it to submit when she got back to the city.
6. Who did Dorothy get involved with in 1948?
(a) Dalton Trumbo.
(b) Rosser Lynn Evans.
(c) Irving Lazar.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
7. How many times was Valencia bombed while Dorothy and Alan were in Spain?
8. What was the house called that Alan and Dorothy purchase?
(a) Fox House.
(b) Revolutionary House.
(c) River House.
(d) Meadow House.
9. Who inspired Dorothy to pick up her fiction writing again?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Robert Benchley.
(c) Sheilah Graham.
(d) Alan Campbell.
10. What job did Alan scheme to get for Dorothy?
(a) English Professor at University of California.
(b) Professor of Written Arts at University of California.
(c) Professor of Written Arts at California State Colelge.
(d) English Professor at California State College.
11. Who died in 1945 that was close to Dorothy?
(a) Her brother Bert.
(b) Her sister Helen.
(c) Robert Sherwood.
(d) Robert Benchley.
12. How old did Dorothy turn in 1933?
13. What award did Dorothy receive in 1958?
(a) The Academy Award.
(b) The Marjorie Peabody Waite Award.
(c) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(d) The Esquire Award.
14. What was the name of the Dachshund Dorothy bought in Munich?
(a) Udo Lindenberg.
(b) Wunder Milka.
(c) Eiko von Vlutenberg.
(d) Liebe Luger.
15. What was the second cause Dorothy becomes involved in during 1936?
(a) Children's rights.
(b) Producer's rights.
(c) Actor's rights.
(d) Writer's rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day did Dorothy pass away?
2. What was the name of the incriminating play that featured a character similar to Dorothy that debuted in 1934?
3. Dorothy and Alan did something shocking three months after she returned from Mexico. What was that?
4. Who did Alan replace in Dorothy's life?
5. What group did Dorothy co-found in 1936?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)