|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project was started, but was never finished?
(a) Dorothy's memoir.
(b) Dorothy's autobiography.
(c) Dorothy's fantasy novel.
(d) Dorothy's fiction novel.
2. Who did Alan replace in Dorothy's life?
(a) Robert Benchley.
(b) Her Mother.
(c) Robert Sherwood.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. Who did Dorothy meet in the winter of 1936 that caused her grief?
(a) Lillian Hellman.
(b) Don Stewart.
(c) Otto Katz.
(d) Horte Campbell.
4. What were the Screen Playwrights able to do in 1938?
(c) Recruit more members.
(d) Publicize their cause.
5. What saved George Kaufman, the writer of the incriminating play, from Dorothy's wrath?
(a) Dorothy was shielded from the reviews.
(b) Alan took her on vacation.
(c) Dorothy was in rehab at the time of its opening.
(d) The 1600-mile "buffer zone."
6. How old did Dorothy turn in 1933?
7. Who was Dorothy's personal hero?
(a) Dashiell Hammett.
(b) Moss Hart.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Lillian Hellman.
8. Why didn't Dorothy want to go to the Yaddo, a 400-acre retreat for artists?
(a) She couldn't bring her dog.
(b) Her family wasn't allowed to visit.
(c) Her friends weren't allowed to visit.
(d) She wasn't allowed to drink there.
9. How old was Dorothy when she took the teaching job?
(a) Over 70.
(b) Almost 72.
(c) Almost 75.
(d) Almost 70.
10. When did Dorothy and Alan get married?
(a) June 18, 1934.
(b) June 8, 1934.
(c) June 28, 1934.
(d) July 8, 1934.
11. In 1937, what did Dorothy and Alan do?
(a) Have Alan's mother move in with them.
(b) Wrote their own movie script.
(c) Bid farewell to California.
(d) Sell their house in Pennsylvania.
12. What was the name of the incriminating play that featured a character similar to Dorothy that debuted in 1934?
(a) Merrily We Roll Along.
(b) Sing We Now.
(c) An Alcoholic Woman.
(d) A Wisecracking Woman.
13. How many columns did Dorothy end up writing for Esquire?
14. In her will, who did Dorothy leave all her assets to?
(a) The NRA.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) Reverend Martin Luther King.
(d) The Screen Writers Guild.
15. Where was the job with Elitch Gardens located that Alan was offered?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
2. Who did Dorothy get involved with in 1948?
3. What happened across the country in 1933?
4. What did Alan have installed in the house that he saw in a movie?
5. After 20 years, what did Dorothy feel she had enough energy to do?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)