|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her will, who did Dorothy leave all her assets to?
(a) The NRA.
(b) The Screen Writers Guild.
(c) Reverend Martin Luther King.
(d) The Communist Party.
2. What happened across the country in 1933?
(a) World War I ended.
(b) The stock market crashed.
(c) Prohibition was repealed.
(d) Socialist ideas were widespread.
3. In 1946, what did Dorothy do about her relationship with Alan?
(a) She had an affair with even younger men to spite him.
(b) She moved overseas to be with him.
(c) She reconciled with him.
(d) She announced her intent to divorce him.
4. What did Lillian want from Dorothy more than anything?
(a) For Dorothy to write a poem about her.
(b) For Dorothy to trade her husbands.
(c) For Dorothy not to talk badly about her behind her back.
(d) For Dorothy to write a play about her.
5. Who did Dorothy want to differentiate herself with?
(a) Other writers.
(b) Other socialites.
(c) Other Round Tablers.
(d) Other women.
6. On what day did Dorothy pass away?
(a) June 21st.
(b) June 6th.
(c) June 7th.
(d) June 17th.
7. Who did Alan replace in Dorothy's life?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Her Mother.
(c) Robert Benchley.
(d) Robert Sherwood.
8. What word described Lillian Hellman very well?
9. What family did Dorothy visit while in Antibes?
(a) The Hemingways.
(b) The Murpheys.
(c) The Oppenheimers.
(d) The Fitzgeralds.
10. What skill did Alan possess that Dorothy did not?
(a) Fashion sense.
(b) Home making skills.
(c) Cooking skills.
(d) Decorating skills.
11. What did Dorothy buy in London?
(a) A Miniature Teacup Poodle named Fancy.
(b) A Dandie Dinmont Terrior named Timothy.
(c) A Yorkshire Terrier named Tandy.
(d) A Staffordshire Bull Terrier named Princess.
12. Who was the other "most sought-after" women of 1932?
(a) Fanny Brice.
(b) Sarah Murphy.
(c) Mary Mooney.
(d) Zelda Fitzgerald.
13. Where did Alan take Dorothy on their honeymoon?
(a) New Mexico.
14. When her relationship with John McCain ended, how did Dorothy try to kill herself?
15. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
(a) Moulin Rouge.
(b) A bar by the Seine.
(d) A bordello in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1937, what did Dorothy and Alan do?
2. Who did Dorothy meet in the winter of 1936 that caused her grief?
3. Why didn't Dorothy want to go to the Yaddo, a 400-acre retreat for artists?
4. How old did Dorothy turn in 1933?
5. Who inspired Dorothy to pick up her fiction writing again?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)