|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the job with Elitch Gardens located that Alan was offered?
(c) New York.
2. Who did Alan replace in Dorothy's life?
(a) Robert Benchley.
(b) Robert Sherwood.
(c) Her Mother.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. How many columns did Dorothy end up writing for Esquire?
4. After 20 years, what did Dorothy feel she had enough energy to do?
(a) Write her memoirs.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) Make a date at the Algonquin to meet friends.
(d) Be in society.
5. What happened across the country in 1933?
(a) World War I ended.
(b) Socialist ideas were widespread.
(c) The stock market crashed.
(d) Prohibition was repealed.
6. When her relationship with John McCain ended, how did Dorothy try to kill herself?
7. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
(a) Moulin Rouge.
(b) A bordello in town.
(c) A bar by the Seine.
8. What skill did Alan possess that Dorothy did not?
(a) Home making skills.
(b) Decorating skills.
(c) Cooking skills.
(d) Fashion sense.
9. What was the name of the incriminating play that featured a character similar to Dorothy that debuted in 1934?
(a) A Wisecracking Woman.
(b) An Alcoholic Woman.
(c) Merrily We Roll Along.
(d) Sing We Now.
10. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
(a) John Garrett.
(b) Robert Benchley.
(c) Robert Sherwood.
(d) Lillian Hellman.
11. Who was the other "most sought-after" women of 1932?
(a) Mary Mooney.
(b) Fanny Brice.
(c) Zelda Fitzgerald.
(d) Sarah Murphy.
12. In her will, who did Dorothy leave all her assets to?
(a) Reverend Martin Luther King.
(b) The NRA.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Screen Writers Guild.
13. What was Robinson attacked by?
(a) A snake.
(b) Another small dog.
(c) A large dog.
(d) A pack of larger dogs.
14. Dorothy and Alan did something shocking three months after she returned from Mexico. What was that?
(a) They remarried.
(b) They returned to Mexico.
(c) They sold the house in Pennsylvania.
(d) They returned to California.
15. Who did Dorothy get involved with in 1948?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Irving Lazar.
(c) Rosser Lynn Evans.
(d) Dalton Trumbo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Dorothy want to differentiate herself with?
2. What was considered risque behavior that Dorothy and Alan participated in?
3. What did Dorothy buy in London?
4. What saved George Kaufman, the writer of the incriminating play, from Dorothy's wrath?
5. What did Dorothy discover when she was 43?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)