|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group did Dorothy co-found in 1936?
(a) The Hollywood Screen Actor's Guild.
(b) The Hollywood Anti-Communist League.
(c) The Hollywood Anti-Nazi League.
(d) The Hollywood Screen Writer's Guild.
2. Where did Alan take Dorothy on their honeymoon?
(d) New Mexico.
3. With whom did F.Scott Fitzgerald look to replace his ailing wife with?
(a) Lillian Hellman.
(b) Dorothy Parker.
(c) Sheilah Graham.
(d) Sheelagh Kennedy.
4. What was Robinson attacked by?
(a) A snake.
(b) A pack of larger dogs.
(c) A large dog.
(d) Another small dog.
5. Who did Dorothy get involved with in 1948?
(a) Rosser Lynn Evans.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Dalton Trumbo.
(d) Irving Lazar.
6. What did Dorothy die of?
(a) She fell after drinking too much.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Cereberal hemorrhage.
7. Alan and Dorothy felt that they couldn't lay down roots in Hollywood. Where did they buy a house to do just that?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) New Hampshire.
8. Who did Dorothy turn to when Alan left?
(a) Her family.
(b) The Murphys.
(c) The Fitzgeralds.
(d) The Benchley's.
9. How old was Dorothy when she took the teaching job?
(a) Almost 75.
(b) Almost 70.
(c) Over 70.
(d) Almost 72.
10. Why did most of the writers from the East Coast end up in Hollywood?
(a) The beach.
(b) The salaries were exorbitant.
(c) The working conditions were better.
(d) The weather.
11. What did Dorothy and Alan apply for instead of working?
(b) Retirement Fund of the Screen Actors Guild.
(c) The Screen Writers Guild retirement fund.
(d) The Guild of the Unemployed Screen Writers.
12. What was the name of the incriminating play that featured a character similar to Dorothy that debuted in 1934?
(a) An Alcoholic Woman.
(b) Sing We Now.
(c) Merrily We Roll Along.
(d) A Wisecracking Woman.
13. Where was the job with Elitch Gardens located that Alan was offered?
(d) New York.
14. What was the house called that Alan and Dorothy purchase?
(a) River House.
(b) Fox House.
(c) Meadow House.
(d) Revolutionary House.
15. Who did Dorothy meet in the winter of 1936 that caused her grief?
(a) Lillian Hellman.
(b) Otto Katz.
(c) Don Stewart.
(d) Horte Campbell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dorothy do to all the work she created while in Paris?
2. After her trip to Mexico, where did Dorothy return?
3. Why didn't Dorothy want to go to the Yaddo, a 400-acre retreat for artists?
4. Where do Dorothy and Alan move to in California?
5. Who was the other "most sought-after" women of 1932?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)