|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cause did Dorothy feel the need to get involved in?
(a) The Screen Actors Guild.
(b) The Third Reich's persecution of the Jews.
(c) The Communist Propaganda.
(d) The Third Reich's youth group.
2. What were the Screen Playwrights able to do in 1938?
(b) Recruit more members.
(c) Publicize their cause.
3. How old did Dorothy turn in 1933?
4. When did Dorothy and Alan get married?
(a) July 8, 1934.
(b) June 28, 1934.
(c) June 8, 1934.
(d) June 18, 1934.
5. Dorothy and Alan did something shocking three months after she returned from Mexico. What was that?
(a) They remarried.
(b) They returned to California.
(c) They sold the house in Pennsylvania.
(d) They returned to Mexico.
6. Where was the job with Elitch Gardens located that Alan was offered?
(a) New York.
7. What changed Dorothy's plans?
(a) Benchley invited her to Venice.
(b) The Murphey's invited her to Rome.
(c) Benchley invited her to Bath.
(d) The Murpheys invited her to the Swiss Alps.
8. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
(a) Lillian Hellman.
(b) Robert Sherwood.
(c) John Garrett.
(d) Robert Benchley.
9. Who did Alan replace in Dorothy's life?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Robert Benchley.
(c) Robert Sherwood.
(d) Her Mother.
10. What project was started, but was never finished?
(a) Dorothy's fiction novel.
(b) Dorothy's autobiography.
(c) Dorothy's memoir.
(d) Dorothy's fantasy novel.
11. Who fulfilled Dorothy's maternal need?
(a) Her animals.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Alan Campbell.
12. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
(b) A bar by the Seine.
(c) A bordello in town.
(d) Moulin Rouge.
13. How many columns did Dorothy end up writing for Esquire?
14. What happened across the country in 1933?
(a) Socialist ideas were widespread.
(b) The stock market crashed.
(c) Prohibition was repealed.
(d) World War I ended.
15. What was Robinson attacked by?
(a) A snake.
(b) A large dog.
(c) Another small dog.
(d) A pack of larger dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dorothy and Alan apply for instead of working?
2. What did Dorothy die of?
3. What did Dorothy's ideas change about?
4. To what group did Dorothy get elected to the board of in 1938?
5. Who was Dorothy's personal hero?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)