|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alan do the day he passed away?
(a) He picked up his dry cleaning.
(b) He let the dog loose.
(c) He made a large dinner.
(d) He shopped for a wardrobe for Dorothy.
2. What was the house called that Alan and Dorothy purchase?
(a) Meadow House.
(b) River House.
(c) Revolutionary House.
(d) Fox House.
3. How many times was Valencia bombed while Dorothy and Alan were in Spain?
4. Alan and Dorothy felt that they couldn't lay down roots in Hollywood. Where did they buy a house to do just that?
(a) New Hampshire.
(d) South Carolina.
5. When her relationship with John McCain ended, how did Dorothy try to kill herself?
6. How did Dorothy try to commit suicide after she realized how far behind her novel, "Sonnets to a Suicide", is?
(a) Jumping into the Seine.
(b) Drinking a bottle of shoe polish.
(c) Standing on train tracks.
(d) Pain killer overdose.
7. Where do Dorothy and Alan move to in California?
(a) Norma Road.
(b) Beverly Hills.
(c) Chino Hills.
(d) Norma Place.
8. What project was started, but was never finished?
(a) Dorothy's fantasy novel.
(b) Dorothy's fiction novel.
(c) Dorothy's autobiography.
(d) Dorothy's memoir.
9. Why didn't Dorothy want to go to the Yaddo, a 400-acre retreat for artists?
(a) Her friends weren't allowed to visit.
(b) She wasn't allowed to drink there.
(c) She couldn't bring her dog.
(d) Her family wasn't allowed to visit.
10. To survive, financially, what did Dorthy do?
(a) She wrote a book of comedy.
(b) She moved to her sister's house.
(c) She took on roommates.
(d) She published work she was ashamed of.
11. How old was Dorothy when she took the teaching job?
(a) Almost 70.
(b) Almost 75.
(c) Over 70.
(d) Almost 72.
12. What did Dorothy die of?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) She fell after drinking too much.
(d) Cereberal hemorrhage.
13. When did Dorothy and Alan get married?
(a) June 18, 1934.
(b) June 8, 1934.
(c) July 8, 1934.
(d) June 28, 1934.
14. Dorothy donated money to several causes during 1936. What about donating the money never occurred to her?
(a) File the donations on her taxes.
(b) Follow up with the groups.
(c) Ask questions about the origins of the groups or how the money was spent.
(d) Do research on the causes.
15. Who did Dorothy want to differentiate herself with?
(a) Other writers.
(b) Other women.
(c) Other Round Tablers.
(d) Other socialites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was considered risque behavior that Dorothy and Alan participated in?
2. What happened across the country in 1933?
3. What did Lillian want from Dorothy more than anything?
4. How long was Dorothy's obituary in the New York Times?
5. To what group did Dorothy get elected to the board of in 1938?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)