|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie earned Dorothy an Academy Award Nomination?
(a) A Long Hot Summer.
(b) The Lost Weekend.
(c) Ladies of the Cooridoor.
(d) Some Like it Hot.
2. Who did Dorothy meet in the winter of 1936 that caused her grief?
(a) Lillian Hellman.
(b) Otto Katz.
(c) Horte Campbell.
(d) Don Stewart.
3. In 1946, what did Dorothy do about her relationship with Alan?
(a) She reconciled with him.
(b) She moved overseas to be with him.
(c) She had an affair with even younger men to spite him.
(d) She announced her intent to divorce him.
4. Who inspired Dorothy to pick up her fiction writing again?
(a) Robert Benchley.
(b) Sheilah Graham.
(c) Alan Campbell.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
5. Why did most of the writers from the East Coast end up in Hollywood?
(a) The weather.
(b) The working conditions were better.
(c) The salaries were exorbitant.
(d) The beach.
6. What was Robinson attacked by?
(a) A large dog.
(b) Another small dog.
(c) A pack of larger dogs.
(d) A snake.
7. In her will, who did Dorothy leave all her assets to?
(a) Reverend Martin Luther King.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The NRA.
(d) The Screen Writers Guild.
8. On what day did Dorothy pass away?
(a) June 17th.
(b) June 6th.
(c) June 7th.
(d) June 21st.
9. What did Alan do the day he passed away?
(a) He let the dog loose.
(b) He picked up his dry cleaning.
(c) He shopped for a wardrobe for Dorothy.
(d) He made a large dinner.
10. What did Dorothy's ideas change about?
(a) Aging and relationships.
(b) Death and aging.
(c) Marriage and family.
(d) Death and immortality.
11. What award did Dorothy receive in 1958?
(a) The Academy Award.
(b) The Esquire Award.
(c) The Marjorie Peabody Waite Award.
(d) The Nobel Peace Prize.
12. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
(a) John Garrett.
(b) Lillian Hellman.
(c) Robert Benchley.
(d) Robert Sherwood.
13. What project was started, but was never finished?
(a) Dorothy's fantasy novel.
(b) Dorothy's memoir.
(c) Dorothy's fiction novel.
(d) Dorothy's autobiography.
14. In 1937, what did Dorothy and Alan do?
(a) Have Alan's mother move in with them.
(b) Bid farewell to California.
(c) Sell their house in Pennsylvania.
(d) Wrote their own movie script.
15. Why didn't Dorothy want to go to the Yaddo, a 400-acre retreat for artists?
(a) She wasn't allowed to drink there.
(b) Her friends weren't allowed to visit.
(c) She couldn't bring her dog.
(d) Her family wasn't allowed to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened across the country in 1933?
2. What did the studios give to Dorothy and Alan that suit them perfectly?
3. What did Lillian want from Dorothy more than anything?
4. Dorothy donated money to several causes during 1936. What about donating the money never occurred to her?
5. With whom did F.Scott Fitzgerald look to replace his ailing wife with?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)