|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word described Lillian Hellman very well?
2. Who did Dorothy want to differentiate herself with?
(a) Other socialites.
(b) Other writers.
(c) Other women.
(d) Other Round Tablers.
3. In 1946, what did Dorothy do about her relationship with Alan?
(a) She moved overseas to be with him.
(b) She reconciled with him.
(c) She had an affair with even younger men to spite him.
(d) She announced her intent to divorce him.
4. Who inspired Dorothy to pick up her fiction writing again?
(a) Robert Benchley.
(b) Sheilah Graham.
(c) Alan Campbell.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
5. With whom did F.Scott Fitzgerald look to replace his ailing wife with?
(a) Dorothy Parker.
(b) Sheelagh Kennedy.
(c) Lillian Hellman.
(d) Sheilah Graham.
6. What project was started, but was never finished?
(a) Dorothy's fiction novel.
(b) Dorothy's autobiography.
(c) Dorothy's fantasy novel.
(d) Dorothy's memoir.
7. Dorothy and Alan did something shocking three months after she returned from Mexico. What was that?
(a) They returned to California.
(b) They sold the house in Pennsylvania.
(c) They remarried.
(d) They returned to Mexico.
8. What did Dorothy discover when she was 43?
(a) That she had sibling's she'd never met.
(b) That she was pregnant.
(c) That her husband was only with her for money.
(d) That her mother-in-law didn't like her.
9. What was the name of the Dachshund Dorothy bought in Munich?
(a) Wunder Milka.
(b) Eiko von Vlutenberg.
(c) Udo Lindenberg.
(d) Liebe Luger.
10. How old did Dorothy turn in 1933?
11. Who did Dorothy meet at the National Institute of Arts and Letters banquet?
(a) Elizabeth Ames.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Arnold Gingrich.
(d) Leah Salisbury.
12. What was the name of the incriminating play that featured a character similar to Dorothy that debuted in 1934?
(a) Merrily We Roll Along.
(b) An Alcoholic Woman.
(c) A Wisecracking Woman.
(d) Sing We Now.
13. What award did Dorothy receive in 1958?
(a) The Marjorie Peabody Waite Award.
(b) The Academy Award.
(c) The Esquire Award.
(d) The Nobel Peace Prize.
14. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
(a) Lillian Hellman.
(b) Robert Benchley.
(c) Robert Sherwood.
(d) John Garrett.
15. In her will, who did Dorothy leave all her assets to?
(a) The Screen Writers Guild.
(b) The NRA.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) Reverend Martin Luther King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Screen Playwrights able to do in 1938?
2. What was considered risque behavior that Dorothy and Alan participated in?
3. What did Alan have installed in the house that he saw in a movie?
4. When did Dorothy and Alan get married?
5. What did Alan do the day he passed away?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)