|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Dorothy's obituary in the New York Times?
(a) Two paragraphs.
(b) Twenty paragraphs.
(c) Two pages.
(d) Ten pages.
2. In 1946, what did Dorothy do about her relationship with Alan?
(a) She announced her intent to divorce him.
(b) She had an affair with even younger men to spite him.
(c) She moved overseas to be with him.
(d) She reconciled with him.
3. In 1967 Marcella Cisney asked Dorothy's permission to do what?
(a) Produce A Dorothy Parker Portfolio.
(b) Produce Dorothy Parker: What Fresh Hell is This?
(c) Produce A Dorothy Parker Memoir.
(d) Produce A Dorothy Parker Autobiography.
4. What was the name of the incriminating play that featured a character similar to Dorothy that debuted in 1934?
(a) A Wisecracking Woman.
(b) Merrily We Roll Along.
(c) An Alcoholic Woman.
(d) Sing We Now.
5. What was the second cause Dorothy becomes involved in during 1936?
(a) Children's rights.
(b) Actor's rights.
(c) Producer's rights.
(d) Writer's rights.
6. Who inspired Dorothy to pick up her fiction writing again?
(a) Robert Benchley.
(b) Sheilah Graham.
(c) Alan Campbell.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
7. Why didn't Dorothy want to go to the Yaddo, a 400-acre retreat for artists?
(a) Her friends weren't allowed to visit.
(b) She wasn't allowed to drink there.
(c) She couldn't bring her dog.
(d) Her family wasn't allowed to visit.
8. What was the house called that Alan and Dorothy purchase?
(a) Revolutionary House.
(b) Fox House.
(c) Meadow House.
(d) River House.
9. What changed Dorothy's plans?
(a) The Murphey's invited her to Rome.
(b) Benchley invited her to Bath.
(c) The Murpheys invited her to the Swiss Alps.
(d) Benchley invited her to Venice.
10. What did Dorothy discover when she was 43?
(a) That she had sibling's she'd never met.
(b) That her mother-in-law didn't like her.
(c) That her husband was only with her for money.
(d) That she was pregnant.
11. What was the name of the Dachshund Dorothy bought in Munich?
(a) Udo Lindenberg.
(b) Wunder Milka.
(c) Eiko von Vlutenberg.
(d) Liebe Luger.
12. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
(a) Moulin Rouge.
(b) A bar by the Seine.
(c) A bordello in town.
13. What were the Screen Playwrights able to do in 1938?
(a) Publicize their cause.
(b) Recruit more members.
14. What did Dorothy do to all the work she created while in Paris?
(a) It got lost in a housefire.
(b) She tore it up.
(c) She lost it all when her satchel was stolen.
(d) She saved it to submit when she got back to the city.
15. What did Dorothy's ideas change about?
(a) Marriage and family.
(b) Aging and relationships.
(c) Death and immortality.
(d) Death and aging.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Dorothy when she took the teaching job?
2. Who fulfilled Dorothy's maternal need?
3. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
4. After 20 years, what did Dorothy feel she had enough energy to do?
5. What did Lillian want from Dorothy more than anything?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)