|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Dorothy when she took the teaching job?
(a) Almost 70.
(b) Almost 72.
(c) Over 70.
(d) Almost 75.
2. In 1967 Marcella Cisney asked Dorothy's permission to do what?
(a) Produce A Dorothy Parker Memoir.
(b) Produce A Dorothy Parker Portfolio.
(c) Produce A Dorothy Parker Autobiography.
(d) Produce Dorothy Parker: What Fresh Hell is This?
3. What family did Dorothy visit while in Antibes?
(a) The Hemingways.
(b) The Fitzgeralds.
(c) The Murpheys.
(d) The Oppenheimers.
4. What group did Dorothy co-found in 1936?
(a) The Hollywood Screen Actor's Guild.
(b) The Hollywood Anti-Communist League.
(c) The Hollywood Screen Writer's Guild.
(d) The Hollywood Anti-Nazi League.
5. Who died in 1945 that was close to Dorothy?
(a) Robert Sherwood.
(b) Her brother Bert.
(c) Robert Benchley.
(d) Her sister Helen.
6. In 1937, what did Dorothy and Alan do?
(a) Wrote their own movie script.
(b) Have Alan's mother move in with them.
(c) Sell their house in Pennsylvania.
(d) Bid farewell to California.
7. What job did Alan scheme to get for Dorothy?
(a) English Professor at University of California.
(b) Professor of Written Arts at University of California.
(c) English Professor at California State College.
(d) Professor of Written Arts at California State Colelge.
8. Who fulfilled Dorothy's maternal need?
(a) Alan Campbell.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her animals.
(d) Her friends.
9. When her relationship with John McCain ended, how did Dorothy try to kill herself?
10. Where did Alan take Dorothy on their honeymoon?
(a) New Mexico.
11. How old did Dorothy turn in 1933?
12. Who did Dorothy turn to when Alan left?
(a) Her family.
(b) The Murphys.
(c) The Benchley's.
(d) The Fitzgeralds.
13. Dorothy donated money to several causes during 1936. What about donating the money never occurred to her?
(a) Ask questions about the origins of the groups or how the money was spent.
(b) File the donations on her taxes.
(c) Follow up with the groups.
(d) Do research on the causes.
14. What did Dorothy and Alan apply for instead of working?
(a) Retirement Fund of the Screen Actors Guild.
(b) The Guild of the Unemployed Screen Writers.
(c) The Screen Writers Guild retirement fund.
15. Who did Dorothy meet at the National Institute of Arts and Letters banquet?
(a) Leah Salisbury.
(b) Elizabeth Ames.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Arnold Gingrich.
Short Answer Questions
1. After 20 years, what did Dorothy feel she had enough energy to do?
2. When did Dorothy and Alan get married?
3. Who was Dorothy's personal hero?
4. To survive, financially, what did Dorthy do?
5. Who did Dorothy want to differentiate herself with?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)