|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group did Dorothy co-found in 1936?
(a) The Hollywood Screen Actor's Guild.
(b) The Hollywood Screen Writer's Guild.
(c) The Hollywood Anti-Communist League.
(d) The Hollywood Anti-Nazi League.
2. Where did Dorothy go twice a week to get drunk while in Paris?
(a) A bordello in town.
(b) A bar by the Seine.
(c) Moulin Rouge.
3. Who inspired Dorothy to pick up her fiction writing again?
(a) Sheilah Graham.
(b) Alan Campbell.
(c) Robert Benchley.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
4. Who was Dorothy's personal hero?
(a) Moss Hart.
(b) Dashiell Hammett.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Lillian Hellman.
5. What happened across the country in 1933?
(a) The stock market crashed.
(b) Socialist ideas were widespread.
(c) Prohibition was repealed.
(d) World War I ended.
6. After receiving a telegram from John Garrett, what did Dorothy consider?
(a) Accepting his marriage proposal.
(b) Suicide by jumping off the balcony.
(c) Going home to New York.
(d) Suicide by drowning in the Seine.
7. When did Dorothy and Alan get married?
(a) July 8, 1934.
(b) June 28, 1934.
(c) June 8, 1934.
(d) June 18, 1934.
8. On what day did Dorothy pass away?
(a) June 7th.
(b) June 6th.
(c) June 21st.
(d) June 17th.
9. Who was the other "most sought-after" women of 1932?
(a) Mary Mooney.
(b) Fanny Brice.
(c) Zelda Fitzgerald.
(d) Sarah Murphy.
10. Who died in 1945 that was close to Dorothy?
(a) Robert Sherwood.
(b) Robert Benchley.
(c) Her brother Bert.
(d) Her sister Helen.
11. How long was Dorothy's obituary in the New York Times?
(a) Twenty paragraphs.
(b) Two paragraphs.
(c) Ten pages.
(d) Two pages.
12. Where do Dorothy and Alan move to in California?
(a) Chino Hills.
(b) Norma Road.
(c) Norma Place.
(d) Beverly Hills.
13. What skill did Alan possess that Dorothy did not?
(a) Fashion sense.
(b) Decorating skills.
(c) Home making skills.
(d) Cooking skills.
14. Within weeks of being in Spain, what cause did Dorothy get involved in?
(a) American Committe to Aid Spanish Socialism.
(b) American Committee to Aid Spanish Democracy.
(c) American Committee to Aid Spanish Hunger.
(d) American Committee to Aid Spanish Diplomacy.
15. How many columns did Dorothy end up writing for Esquire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lillian want from Dorothy more than anything?
2. What was the name of the Dachshund Dorothy bought in Munich?
3. Who did Dorothy get involved with in 1948?
4. In 1937, what did Dorothy and Alan do?
5. What changed Dorothy's plans?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)