Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, The Events Leading up to the Tragedy 1893-1903
1. Dorothy Rothschild was born into what society?
Upper class Jewish affluence, in New York.
2. What year was Dorothy born?
3. How many siblings did Dorothy have?
4. Where were Dorothy's grandparents from?
5. What did Dorothy's grandparents do for work when they moved to Alabama?
They sold upscale and fancy wares.
6. How many children did Dorothy's grandparents have?
7. When did Dorothy's grandparents move to New York City?
8. How old was Dorothy's father when he met her mother?
9. What year were Dorothy's parents married?
10. What significant happening occurred when Dorothy was only 5 years old?
Her mother died suddenly.
11. When Henry, Dorothy's father, remarried, what happened to Dorothy and her sister?
They were sent to a parochial school.
12. How did Dorothy and her...
This section contains 2,562 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)