|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Good Fights 1936-1937.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dorothy like her new home?
(a) Because she had no domestic responsibilites.
(b) Because she always had hot water and someone to pick up after her.
(c) Because she had a maid.
(d) Because she had access to every speakeasy in the neighborhood.
2. What department was Dorothy working in at Vogue at the beginning of 1915?
(a) The copy department.
(b) The mail room.
(c) The review department.
(d) The editorial department.
3. When was the first issue of The New Yorker published?
(a) January 21, 1925.
(b) February 21, 1925.
(c) March 1, 1925.
(d) February 14, 1925.
4. Dorothy was asked to sit to have her portrait painted. Where was the portrait exhibited?
(a) The Guggenheim Museum.
(b) The Whitney Museum of American Art.
(c) Chicago Art Institute.
(d) Metropolitan Museum of Art.
5. How much did Dorothy sell her first poem for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Crownie" speak to Dorothy about the day before Christmas in 1919?
2. What was the name of the Dachshund Dorothy bought in Munich?
3. What did Benchley declare about California that Dorothy agreed with?
4. What position at Vogue did Dorothy acquire after some time?
5. What happened after Dorothy's book of poems, "Enough Rope", was published?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)