|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Good Fights 1936-1937.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Dorothy first read "Vanity Fair?"
2. What did "Crownie" speak to Dorothy about the day before Christmas in 1919?
(a) The quality of her work and that she wouldn't be receiving a raise.
(b) That the quality of her work was improving with each project she worked on.
(c) That her work ethic needed to improve.
(d) That her language needed to improve in the office.
3. Where did Alan take Dorothy on their honeymoon?
(b) New Mexico.
4. What was the second cause Dorothy becomes involved in during 1936?
(a) Producer's rights.
(b) Children's rights.
(c) Actor's rights.
(d) Writer's rights.
5. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
(a) Robert Sherwood.
(b) Lillian Hellman.
(c) John Garrett.
(d) Robert Benchley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Conde Nast's memo to the entire publication of Vanity Fair prohibit?
2. Where was Eddie reassigned to for the service?
3. What was Dorothy's form of writing dubbed?
4. What saved George Kaufman, the writer of the incriminating play, from Dorothy's wrath?
5. What was Dorothy's play renamed?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)