|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Global Disasters 1926.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Dorothy meet at the Algonquin Hotel that she regarded as a mythical figure?
(a) Franklin Pierce Adams.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Polly Adler.
(d) Hal Borland.
2. Where did Dorothy's brothers work?
(a) A wholesale furniture dealer.
(b) The local deli.
(c) A local furniture dealer.
(d) A wholesale garment house.
3. Dorothy was asked to sit to have her portrait painted. Where was the portrait exhibited?
(a) The Guggenheim Museum.
(b) Chicago Art Institute.
(c) The Whitney Museum of American Art.
(d) Metropolitan Museum of Art.
4. What did the Rothchild's do after Henry's second wife died that was representative of their position in society?
(a) They started hoarding.
(b) They boarded up the windows.
(c) They moved to the country.
(d) They began to collect dogs.
5. What ship did Dorothy's aunt and uncle ride during 1912?
(a) The Titanic.
(b) The Olympic.
(c) The Virginian Pilot.
(d) The Brittania.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dorothy was introduced to Alvan Barach at a party. What type of medicine does he practice?
2. Why did Dorothy return to New York at the end of the summer of 1925?
3. Where was Eddie reassigned to for the service?
4. Who did Robert Benchley choose as a roommate when he rented an apartment in the city?
5. Who came up with the idea of an exclusive lunch club?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)