|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Global Disasters 1926.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "Crownie" speak to Dorothy about the day before Christmas in 1919?
(a) That the quality of her work was improving with each project she worked on.
(b) That her language needed to improve in the office.
(c) That her work ethic needed to improve.
(d) The quality of her work and that she wouldn't be receiving a raise.
2. How old was Dorothy's father when he met her mother?
3. What, during the era of 1922-1923, did Dorothy discover that she found helped her?
4. Why did Dorothy return to New York at the end of the summer of 1925?
(a) She was kicked out of her temporary home for inappropriate conduct.
(b) She was given an offer she couldn't refuse.
(c) Robert Benchley's health took a turn for the worse.
(d) Deems Taylor's wife returned home from vacation.
5. What was the name of Dorothy's story that she wrote after her suicide attempt of 1926?
(a) The Last Drop.
(b) The White Light.
(c) The Last Pill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the over-all theme of the play?
2. How long did Dorothy's play run the first time?
3. How long was Benchley with Dorothy on her trip to Paris?
4. What was the main problem with Dorothy's submissions to The New Yorker?
5. When was the first issue of The New Yorker published?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)