|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Yessir, the Whaddycall 'em Blues1925.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the over-all theme of the play?
2. Who did Robert Benchley meet while in Paris for the summer of 1925?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. At what age did Dorothy first read "Vanity Fair?"
4. What was the name of the play Dorothy co-wrote in 1923?
(a) Soft Music.
(b) My Life.
(c) Close Harmony.
(d) Our Town.
5. What did Dorothy feel obligated to do as part of her job in the editorial department at Vanity Fair?
(a) Consult her superior on every submission.
(b) Hand deliver acceptance letters to the writers.
(c) Read each submission personally.
(d) Reply to each writer personally.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings did Dorothy have?
2. Where were Dorothy's grandparents from?
3. What did Eddie do for a living?
4. What was Dorothy known for in the Gonk?
5. How many children did Dorothy's grandparents have?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)