|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Yessir, the Whaddycall 'em Blues1925.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dorothy make it through the holidays of 1922?
(a) She went to a seaside resort.
(b) She obsessively contemplated suicide.
(c) She went to visit her sister.
(d) She drank so much she wound up in the hospital.
2. Who was Dorothy teamed with professionally that turned into a short, but unsuccessful affair?
(a) George Kaufman
(b) Robert Sherwood.
(c) Charles MacArthur.
(d) Elmer Rice.
3. How long did Dorothy's play run the first time?
(a) 24 performances.
(b) 5 performances.
(c) 12 performances.
(d) 50 performances.
4. What was Dorothy's first job?
(a) Playing piano for an all-womens choir.
(b) Playing piano for a small, local theater.
(c) Playing piano at a small cafe.
(d) Playing piano for a dance studio.
5. When was Dorothy fired from Vanity Fair?
(a) On a snowy Sunday in 1920.
(b) On a sunny Saturday in 1919.
(c) On a dry, windy Monday in 1920.
(d) On a blustery Saturday in 1920.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1917, what significant event happened in Dorothy's career?
2. Who came up with the name of the lunch club?
3. How much did Dorothy sell her first poem for?
4. When Henry, Dorothy's father, remarried, what happened to Dorothy and her sister?
5. What crucial adult responsibility was Dorothy ignorant about?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)