|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Yessir, the Whaddycall 'em Blues1925.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eddie returned to New York in August of 1919, what did he bring with him?
(a) A deep addiction to morphine.
(b) A deep addiction to prostitutes.
(c) A drinking habit.
(d) A child.
2. Where did Dorothy move in the beginning of 1923?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) The Algonquin.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) Above the Swiss Alps Restaurant.
3. What was the main problem with Dorothy's submissions to The New Yorker?
(a) They were published without her knowledge.
(b) They were written with a pseudonym.
(c) They were written while under the influence of drugs and alcohol and are incriminating.
(d) She doesn't get paid.
4. What did Dorothy think about her position at Vogue?
(a) She thought it was a stepping stone.
(b) She felt indifferent towards the position.
(c) She thought it was a thankless and tedious job.
(d) She loved the position, and didn't ever want to leave.
5. What happened shortly after Dorothy and Eddie got married?
(a) Dorothy's sister came to live with them.
(b) Eddie lost his job.
(c) Dorothy lost her job.
(d) Eddie enlisted in the service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Dorothy unable to be satisfied with herself?
2. What article caused Dorothy to have to use a pseudo-name?
3. At what age did Dorothy first read "Vanity Fair?"
4. How old was Dorothy's father when he met her mother?
5. What year was Dorothy born?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)