|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Vanity Fair 1915-1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the editor think of Dorothy's request for a job at Vanity Fair magazine?
(a) He thought she was out of line and didn't give it a second thought.
(b) He was impressed and said he would keep her in mind.
(c) He was appalled at her lack of candor.
(d) He thought she was a silly woman who wasn't qualified for the job.
2. At what age did Dorothy first read "Vanity Fair?"
3. What trait did Dorothy develop despite her loneliness?
(a) A talent for self-entertainment.
(b) A talent for clever observation.
(c) A talent for making friends.
(d) A talent for making conversation.
4. What did Dorothy's grandparents do for work when they moved to Alabama?
(a) They sold food and groceries.
(b) They sold used furniture.
(c) They sold upscale and fancy wares.
(d) They made collectibles.
5. Who, from "Vanity Fair", did Dorothy choose as a role model?
(b) Becky Sharp.
(c) Amelia Sedley.
(d) Jemima Pinkerton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big event did Dorothy consider to be a dream come true?
2. How old was Dorothy's father when he met her mother?
3. What was Dorothy's form of writing dubbed?
4. What was Dorothy's first job?
5. How many siblings did Dorothy have?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)