|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Vanity Fair 1915-1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eddie do for a living?
(a) He was a farmer.
(b) He was a dentist.
(c) He was a lawyer.
(d) He was a stockbroker.
2. What department was Dorothy working in at Vogue at the beginning of 1915?
(a) The editorial department.
(b) The copy department.
(c) The mail room.
(d) The review department.
3. What position at Vogue did Dorothy acquire after some time?
(a) An editor.
(b) A restaurant critic.
(c) A special features writer.
(d) A theater critic.
4. When did Dorothy's grandparents move to New York City?
5. Who was Dorothy's editor at Vogue?
(a) Carmel Snow.
(b) Edna Wadman Chase.
(c) Cecil Peabody.
(d) Kate Chopin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dorothy's first job?
2. Why did Dorothy fear Eddie's family wouldn't like her?
3. What did Dorothy's grandparents do for work when they moved to Alabama?
4. What did the editor think of Dorothy's request for a job at Vanity Fair magazine?
5. When Henry, Dorothy's father, remarried, what happened to Dorothy and her sister?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)