|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Toad Time 1948-1955.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crucial adult responsibility was Dorothy ignorant about?
(a) She didn't know how to do laundry.
(b) She didn't know how to drive a car.
(c) She had no money sense.
(d) She didn't know how to shop for groceries.
2. What was Ernest Hemingway's secret to the craft of writing?
(a) Only work when drunk.
(b) Work when you feel like it.
(c) Work like a dog.
(d) Only work under the influence of elite society.
3. Dorothy was asked to sit to have her portrait painted. Where was the portrait exhibited?
(a) Chicago Art Institute.
(b) The Whitney Museum of American Art.
(c) The Guggenheim Museum.
(d) Metropolitan Museum of Art.
4. To what group did Dorothy get elected to the board of in 1938?
(a) The Screen Writers Guild.
(b) The Hollywood Communist Party.
(c) The Screen Actors Guild.
(d) The Hollywood Anti-Nazi Party.
5. Who did Franklin Pierce Adams marry on May 9th, 1925?
(a) Dorothy Parker.
(b) Maggie Swope.
(c) Edith Sitwell.
(d) Esther Root.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the over-all theme of the play?
2. Who did Robert Benchley choose as a roommate when he rented an apartment in the city?
3. Dorothy donated money to several causes during 1936. What about donating the money never occurred to her?
4. Who did Dorothy meet in the winter of 1936 that caused her grief?
5. What happened across the country in 1933?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)