|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Toad Time 1948-1955.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To survive, financially, what did Dorthy do?
(a) She moved to her sister's house.
(b) She took on roommates.
(c) She published work she was ashamed of.
(d) She wrote a book of comedy.
2. How did Dorothy try to commit suicide after she realized how far behind her novel, "Sonnets to a Suicide", is?
(a) Drinking a bottle of shoe polish.
(b) Standing on train tracks.
(c) Jumping into the Seine.
(d) Pain killer overdose.
3. What was the name of Dorothy's story that she wrote after her suicide attempt of 1926?
(a) The Last Pill.
(b) The White Light.
(c) The Last Drop.
4. Who, of Dorothy's friends, was she most saddened to be distanced from?
(a) Robert Sherwood.
(b) Robert Benchley.
(c) John Garrett.
(d) Lillian Hellman.
5. Dorothy donated money to several causes during 1936. What about donating the money never occurred to her?
(a) Follow up with the groups.
(b) Do research on the causes.
(c) File the donations on her taxes.
(d) Ask questions about the origins of the groups or how the money was spent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1937, what did Dorothy and Alan do?
2. What was Robinson attacked by?
3. What was the name of the incriminating play that featured a character similar to Dorothy that debuted in 1934?
4. In 1917, what significant event happened in Dorothy's career?
5. What was the house called that Alan and Dorothy purchase?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)