|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Sonnets in Suicide, or the Life of John Knox 1929-1932.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dorothy's first job?
(a) Playing piano for an all-womens choir.
(b) Playing piano for a small, local theater.
(c) Playing piano at a small cafe.
(d) Playing piano for a dance studio.
2. What did Dorothy buy in London?
(a) A Miniature Teacup Poodle named Fancy.
(b) A Yorkshire Terrier named Tandy.
(c) A Staffordshire Bull Terrier named Princess.
(d) A Dandie Dinmont Terrior named Timothy.
3. What did the Rothchild's do after Henry's second wife died that was representative of their position in society?
(a) They started hoarding.
(b) They began to collect dogs.
(c) They boarded up the windows.
(d) They moved to the country.
4. When Eddie returned to New York in August of 1919, what did he bring with him?
(a) A deep addiction to prostitutes.
(b) A child.
(c) A drinking habit.
(d) A deep addiction to morphine.
5. Where did Dorothy move in the beginning of 1923?
(a) The Algonquin.
(b) Above the Swiss Alps Restaurant.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family did Dorothy visit while in Antibes?
2. When Dorothy wrote in Paris, who did she write about and why?
3. What ship did Dorothy's aunt and uncle ride during 1912?
4. What vice of Dorothy's did Dr. Barach focus his efforts on curing?
5. Who was the publication that Harold Ross and Jane Grant created marketed toward?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)