|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Sonnets in Suicide, or the Life of John Knox 1929-1932.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the over-all theme of the play?
2. After Dorothy's play opened, how was Dorothy described?
(a) "New York's Sharpest Tounge."
(b) "New York's Brightest Girl."
(c) "New York's Biggest Joke."
(d) "New York's Brightest Star."
3. What was the name of Dorothy's story that she wrote after her suicide attempt of 1926?
(b) The White Light.
(c) The Last Pill.
(d) The Last Drop.
4. At what age did Dorothy first read "Vanity Fair?"
5. What kind of effect did Dr. Barach have on Dorothy's relationship with the Round Tablers?
(a) She started to withdraw from the group.
(b) She joined the Round Tablers and another group together.
(c) She dove even deeper into her relationships with the members.
(d) She withdrew from the group completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pet project did Dorothy's colleagues, Harold Ross and Jane Grant, worked desperately to get published?
2. What did Dorothy feel obligated to do as part of her job in the editorial department at Vanity Fair?
3. Where did Dorothy's brothers work?
4. What did the Rothchild's do after Henry's second wife died that was representative of their position in society?
5. What was Ernest Hemingway's secret to the craft of writing?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)