|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Sonnets in Suicide, or the Life of John Knox 1929-1932.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of effect did Dr. Barach have on Dorothy's relationship with the Round Tablers?
(a) She joined the Round Tablers and another group together.
(b) She withdrew from the group completely.
(c) She dove even deeper into her relationships with the members.
(d) She started to withdraw from the group.
2. After receiving a telegram from John Garrett, what did Dorothy consider?
(a) Suicide by drowning in the Seine.
(b) Going home to New York.
(c) Suicide by jumping off the balcony.
(d) Accepting his marriage proposal.
3. How long did Dorothy's play run the first time?
(a) 50 performances.
(b) 24 performances.
(c) 12 performances.
(d) 5 performances.
4. How did Dorothy try to commit suicide after she realized how far behind her novel, "Sonnets to a Suicide", is?
(a) Jumping into the Seine.
(b) Standing on train tracks.
(c) Pain killer overdose.
(d) Drinking a bottle of shoe polish.
5. Where did Dorothy move in the beginning of 1923?
(a) Above the Swiss Alps Restaurant.
(b) The Algonquin.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) Her sister's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Dorothy sell her first poem for?
2. Who came up with the name of the lunch club?
3. Who did Dorothy meet at the Algonquin Hotel that she regarded as a mythical figure?
4. What character trait did Dorothy not want to exhibit?
5. What pet project did Dorothy's colleagues, Harold Ross and Jane Grant, worked desperately to get published?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)