Chapter 1, The Events Leading up to the Tragedy 1893-1903
1. Dorothy Rothschild was born into what society?
(a) Upper class Jewish affluence, in New York.
(b) Middle class Christian affluence, in New Jersey.
(c) Lower class Jewish society, in New York.
(d) Upper middle class Jewish affluence, in New Jersey.
2. What year was Dorothy born?
3. How many siblings did Dorothy have?
4. Where were Dorothy's grandparents from?
5. What did Dorothy's grandparents do for work when they moved to Alabama?
(a) They sold food and groceries.
(b) They sold used furniture.
(c) They made collectibles.
(d) They sold upscale and fancy wares.
6. How many children did Dorothy's grandparents have?
7. When did Dorothy's grandparents move to New York City?
8. How old was Dorothy's father when he met her mother?
9. What year were Dorothy's parents married?
10. What significant happening occurred when Dorothy was only 5 years old?
(a) Her mother died suddenly.
(b) Her father died.
(c) Her family moved to a different neighborhood.
(d) Her grandparents came to live with the family.
This section contains 4,589 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)