|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
2. Redmond says some will read his story and think him to be what?
3. What did Wallace refer to as the "common bulldog of adolescence"?
4. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
5. What was the name of the co-worker Wallace was with when he saw the door from the car window one night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss both the external and internal conflicts presented in The Door in the Wall.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the following things from the garden and the significance of each to the plot of the story: the panthers; the monkey and dove; and the trees and flowers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the effect the garden began to have on Wallace's life at a young age. What is the irony in the effect that his enchanted garden had on him?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)