|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace felt that his career merited what?
2. Redmond is convinced that Wallace had a what?
3. What did Wallace refer to as the "common bulldog of adolescence"?
4. What made missing the garden the third time worthwhile to Wallace?
5. At the dinner, Wallace tells Redmond his soul is full of what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what the book of realities symbolizes, both in terms of Wallace's experience in the garden and the overall theme of the story.
Essay Topic 2
What are Redmond's motives for telling Wallace's incredible story concerning the door in the wall? Do these motives make him a reliable or unreliable narrator? Does Redmond tell the story to honor his friend or to mock him?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, was Wallace betrayed by his own delusions or released from his pain?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)