|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace was taking a shortcut through __________ the fourth time he saw the door.
2. What restaurant is Wallace in when he has an important conversation about his career?
3. Which of the following occasions did Wallace NOT see the door in the wall?
4. What should Wallace have been excited to be working on lately?
5. How many times was Wallace in love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Redmond's motives for telling Wallace's incredible story concerning the door in the wall? Do these motives make him a reliable or unreliable narrator? Does Redmond tell the story to honor his friend or to mock him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the effect the garden began to have on Wallace's life at a young age. What is the irony in the effect that his enchanted garden had on him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss each of the following themes: the price of missed opportunities; the value of success; and the detriments of living with regret.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)