|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Redmond thought Wallace might possess an inestimable ______________.
2. Who did Wallace think would be very angry if he went through the door in the wall the first time?
3. Where was Wallace heading the second time he saw the door in the wall?
4. What feature of the girl in the garden does Wallace recall most vividly?
5. What was the overwhelming and unfamiliar feeling Wallace experienced in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Redmond think the green door may have really been?
2. What is Wallace haunted by?
3. Where is Wallace's body found?
4. What does Wallace feel from the people in the garden?
5. What does Redmond think people may call him if he reveals what he really thinks about Wallace and the door in the wall?
6. During dinner, how does Wallace describe to Redmond that he has come to feel about the door?
7. What is the difference for Wallace when he sees the door the second time?
8. How does Wallace think the people in the garden will react when they see him?
9. What are the disappointments in Wallace's life?
10. Why does his decision to not enter the garden the second time weigh on Wallace the next day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Wallace first come across the door in the wall? Discuss in detail the circumstances of the subsequent times he found the door and why he never entered the garden again.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss both the external and internal conflicts presented in The Door in the Wall.
Essay Topic 3
In the end, was Wallace betrayed by his own delusions or released from his pain?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)