|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper announcing Wallace's death?
(a) West Kensington Gazette.
(b) Westminster Gazette.
(c) London Times.
(d) New York Times.
2. What made missing the garden the third time worthwhile to Wallace?
(a) A girl's love.
(b) An adventure.
(c) His father's praise.
(d) Great wealth.
3. Wallace's body was found in __________.
(a) The garden.
(b) An excavation shaft.
(c) An empty lot.
(d) The wharf.
4. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 10 weeks.
5. What door opened for Wallace in his late teens?
(a) The door to love.
(b) The door to his father's love.
(c) The door to his career.
(d) The door to his past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is Wallace's body found?
2. As Wallace tells Redmond about seeing the door for the third time, what does he do?
3. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
4. Wallace compared looking for the door in the wall to what?
5. Who did Wallace wish he had stopped for just a moment and waved to in the garden?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)