|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special thing did Wallace see in the book in the garden?
(a) A map to the door in the wall.
(b) His future.
(c) His friends.
(d) His mother.
2. How much earlier would Wallace leave his house on the mornings he played his favorite game?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
3. What kind of look does Wallace have in the photo Redmond possesses?
4. What was the name of the school that Redmond and Wallace attended together?
(a) Saint Athelstan's College.
(b) Saint Agustine's College.
(c) Saint Anne's College.
(d) Saint Allesian's College.
5. Wallace told his story to Redmond to defend himself against what?
(a) Past sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace finds the door the second time at the end of what he thought was a _____________.
2. Who does Wallace see musing among the laurels in the garden?
3. Wallace described the boy at school who told his secret about the garden to the older boys as looking like a what?
4. Redmond believed Wallace at the time he told his story because of the ____________ in his telling.
5. What did Wallace do to try to get the boys to stop teasing him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wallace think the people in the garden will react when they see him?
2. What kind of child was Wallace?
3. What is Redmond's opinion of the story after he considers it in the light of morning?
4. What changes for Wallace at school after he tries to find the door with the older boys?
5. Why is Wallace punished after he tells his father about the garden?
6. What happens the second time Wallace comes upon the door in the wall?
7. What does Wallace recall seeing in the shop windows as he struggled to ignore his desire to enter the door in the wall the first time?
8. As a young man, what door did Wallace think was more important than the door in the wall?
9. How does Redmond discover that Wallace has died?
10. Why does Redmond think Wallace went to the place where he died?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)