|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Redmond normally describe his friend?
2. What was the name of the most vocal of the schoolboys who were teasing Wallace about the garden?
3. What was the color of the robe worn by the somber woman in the garden?
4. How did Wallace describe himself as a child?
5. What was on the pages of the book the woman in the garden showed Wallace?
Short Answer Questions
1. The schoolmates made Wallace sit through ____________ for lying.
2. What did the man on the street poke Wallace with as he was sobbing after leaving the garden?
3. What was the nickname of the boy at school who Wallace told about the garden?
4. What record is Wallace afraid will be broken if he stops at the garden the second time?
5. What is lying on the pavement in front of the door in the wall the first time Wallace sees it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do men like Redmond see the world?
2. What is Redmond's opinion of the story after he considers it in the light of morning?
3. What does Wallace tell Redmond the door offered him, but he had rejected it three times in the last year?
4. How does the door in the wall betray Wallace in the end?
5. What is one of the best parts of being in the garden for a lonely little boy like Wallace?
6. Why is Wallace punished after he tells his father about the garden?
7. Why does his decision to not enter the garden the second time weigh on Wallace the next day?
8. Did Wallace see the garden again during his schoolboy days?
9. What conflicting emotions does Wallace feel the first time he sees the door in the wall?
10. What does a woman that Wallace knew once tell Redmond about him?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)