|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Wallace think would be very angry if he went through the door in the wall the first time?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His governess.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
2. What was the color of the robe worn by the somber woman in the garden?
3. The day after Wallace saw the door in the wall for the second time was what?
(b) Half holiday.
(c) His birthday.
4. How old was Wallace when he forgot about the garden for a time?
5. Wallace thought it might be ____________ to tell someone about the garden.
(c) Against the rules.
(d) A relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of look does Wallace have in the photo Redmond possesses?
2. What was the name of the most vocal of the schoolboys who were teasing Wallace about the garden?
3. Where was Wallace heading the second time he saw the door in the wall?
4. Wallace said that after the older boys teased him at school he would cry at night, but by day he was ______________.
5. What did the children in the garden say when Wallace left them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wallace think is strange about coming across the door as he was on his way to a girl's house one day?
2. What is Wallace haunted by?
3. What are the disappointments in Wallace's life?
4. Why does his decision to not enter the garden the second time weigh on Wallace the next day?
5. How does the door in the wall betray Wallace in the end?
6. What was Redmond's and Wallace's relationship like during their school days?
7. How did the boys' teasing of Wallace take a nastier turn than just friendly ribbing?
8. What is the difference for Wallace when he sees the door the second time?
9. What role has the door in the wall played in Wallace's career?
10. What is the deep mystery about Wallace that Redmond refers to at the end of the story?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)