|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seeing the door in the wall for the third time gave Wallace a sense of ______________ things.
2. What was Wallace thinking of himself when he saw the door in the wall for third time?
(a) Lost boy.
(b) Captain of industry.
(c) Worldly scholar.
(d) Man of the world.
3. How many times does Wallace see the door in the last year of his life?
4. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
5. Sometimes Redmond thought Wallace was a victim of what?
6. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
(a) A sadness.
(b) A frenzied crowd.
(c) A fence.
(d) A ghost.
7. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
8. What place is buzzing about Wallace's death?
(a) The bar.
(b) The House.
(c) The club.
(d) The Senate.
9. Wallace felt that his career merited what?
10. When Wallace saw the door in the wall for the third time, he was riding in what?
(a) A train.
(b) A trolley.
(c) A cab.
(d) A bus.
11. What time of day is Wallace's body found?
(a) Late afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
12. What does Redmond congratulate Wallace for during their dinner?
(a) His book deal.
(b) His engagement.
(c) His new accounts.
(d) A position in the reconstructed cabinet.
13. How many times was Wallace in love?
14. Wallace was taking a shortcut through __________ the fourth time he saw the door.
(a) East Kensington.
(b) Earl's Court.
(d) Campden Hill.
15. What does Wallace hold in his hand to symbolize his success to Redmond?
(b) His father's watch
(c) Gold coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Wallace when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
2. What is the name of Wallace's superior that he wished to have a private word with?
3. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
4. Where was Wallace going when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
5. Wallace walked all the way from what location on the night of his death?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)