|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times was Wallace in love?
2. Wallace compared looking for the door in the wall to what?
(a) Finding a needle in a haystack.
(b) Deciphering Stonehenge.
(c) Being a lost child in the park.
(d) Being drunk.
3. What should Wallace have been excited to be working on lately?
(a) His future wedding.
(b) New profitable accounts.
(c) His memoir.
(d) New political developments.
4. Seeing the door in the wall for the third time gave Wallace a sense of ______________ things.
5. What restaurant is Wallace in when he has an important conversation about his career?
6. Redmond calls Wallace a man of what?
(b) Vision and imagination.
(c) Ineptitude and delusions.
7. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
8. Wallace's body was found in __________.
(a) An empty lot.
(b) The garden.
(c) The wharf.
(d) An excavation shaft.
9. Where did Wallace go on scholarship?
10. Redmond is convinced that Wallace had a what?
(a) Brain aneurysm.
(b) Brain tumor.
(c) Abnormal gift.
(d) Profound experience.
11. What does Wallace tell Redmond is destroying him?
12. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A frenzied crowd.
(c) A fence.
(d) A sadness.
13. Wallace walked all the way from what location on the night of his death?
(a) The bar.
(b) The House.
(c) His house.
(d) The Senate.
14. Who did Wallace wish he had stopped for just a moment and waved to in the garden?
(a) The woman in the robe.
(b) The panthers.
(c) The girl in green.
(d) His playmates.
15. Wallace thought his obsession with the door in the wall might be what is referred to as a feeling of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace had been dining in _______________ when he and a co-worker were called back to work.
2. What made missing the garden the third time worthwhile to Wallace?
3. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
4. Wallace was taking a shortcut through __________ the fourth time he saw the door.
5. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)