|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wallace didn't stop at the door once as a young man because he had an appointment that involved his ____________.
2. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Paddington Square.
(c) East Kensington Station.
(d) Thames River.
3. In the end, Wallace walked out of _________ into darkness.
4. What was Wallace thinking of himself when he saw the door in the wall for third time?
(a) Captain of industry.
(b) Man of the world.
(c) Lost boy.
(d) Worldly scholar.
5. Which of the following occasions did Wallace NOT see the door in the wall?
(a) On the way to a scholarship interview.
(b) On the way to his father's deathbed.
(c) On the way to a girl's house.
(d) On the way to his wedding.
6. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
7. When Wallace saw the door in the wall for the third time, he was riding in what?
(a) A trolley.
(b) A cab.
(c) A bus.
(d) A train.
8. What is the name of Wallace's superior that he wished to have a private word with?
9. Where was Wallace going the day he saw the door for the fourth time?
(a) Scholarship interview.
(b) Job interview.
(c) Important dinner.
(d) Seeing a girl.
10. Wallace was taking a shortcut through __________ the fourth time he saw the door.
(a) Earl's Court.
(b) Campden Hill.
(c) East Kensington.
11. What is the name of the colleague that Wallace was walking with on his most recent time of seeing the wall?
12. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 month.
13. What time of day is Wallace's body found?
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
14. Where did Wallace go on scholarship?
15. What restaurant is Wallace in when he has an important conversation about his career?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace walked all the way from what location on the night of his death?
2. What door opened for Wallace in his late teens?
3. What made missing the garden the third time worthwhile to Wallace?
4. Redmond is convinced that Wallace had a what?
5. Redmond believes the door in the wall offered Wallace what?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)