Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What restaurant is Wallace in when he has an important conversation about his career?
2. How many times did Wallace see the door in the wall when he was a young man?
3. What is the name of the newspaper announcing Wallace's death?
(a) West Kensington Gazette.
(b) New York Times.
(c) London Times.
(d) Westminster Gazette.
4. Redmond calls Wallace a man of what?
(a) Ineptitude and delusions.
(b) Vision and imagination.
5. Wallace didn't stop at the door once as a young man because he had an appointment that involved his ____________.
6. How many times was Wallace in love?
7. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
8. Wallace thought his obsession with the door in the wall might be what is referred to as a feeling of __________.
9. Redmond is convinced that Wallace had a what?
(a) Abnormal gift.
(b) Profound experience.
(c) Brain aneurysm.
(d) Brain tumor.
10. Wallace felt that his career merited what?
11. As Wallace tells Redmond about seeing the door for the third time, what does he do?
(a) Smiles sadly.
(b) Drums his fingers.
(c) Cries silently.
(d) Stares into the fire.
12. Wallace walked all the way from what location on the night of his death?
(a) The House.
(b) The Senate.
(c) His house.
(d) The bar.
13. Who did Wallace wish he had stopped for just a moment and waved to in the garden?
(a) The woman in the robe.
(b) His playmates.
(c) The girl in green.
(d) The panthers.
14. Wallace compared looking for the door in the wall to what?
(a) Being drunk.
(b) Being a lost child in the park.
(c) Finding a needle in a haystack.
(d) Deciphering Stonehenge.
15. What made missing the garden the third time worthwhile to Wallace?
(a) An adventure.
(b) Great wealth.
(c) A girl's love.
(d) His father's praise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wallace thinking of himself when he saw the door in the wall for third time?
2. What does Wallace hold in his hand to symbolize his success to Redmond?
3. What does Wallace tell Redmond success has become to him?
4. Which of the following occasions did Wallace NOT see the door in the wall?
5. What place is buzzing about Wallace's death?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)