|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Wallace thinking of himself when he saw the door in the wall for third time?
(a) Man of the world.
(b) Lost boy.
(c) Worldly scholar.
(d) Captain of industry.
2. At the end of the story, Redmond's mind is darkened with what?
(a) Doubts and questions.
(b) Emptiness and pain.
(c) Questions and riddles.
(d) Riddles and regrets.
3. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Paddington Square.
(c) Thames River.
(d) East Kensington Station.
4. What did Wallace refer to as the "common bulldog of adolescence"?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A cap.
(c) An attitude.
(d) A pipe.
5. Where was Wallace going the day he saw the door for the fourth time?
(a) Scholarship interview.
(b) Seeing a girl.
(c) Job interview.
(d) Important dinner.
6. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
7. What door opened for Wallace in his late teens?
(a) The door to his past.
(b) The door to love.
(c) The door to his father's love.
(d) The door to his career.
8. What does Wallace tell Redmond is destroying him?
9. What was Wallace working on the night he saw the door when he was with a co-worker?
(a) The Tennison Account.
(b) The Tenant's Law.
(c) The Tax Code Revision.
(d) The Tenant's Redemption Bill.
10. Redmond is convinced that Wallace had a what?
(a) Abnormal gift.
(b) Brain aneurysm.
(c) Profound experience.
(d) Brain tumor.
11. How close was Wallace to the door in the wall the last time he saw it?
(a) Four inches.
(b) Three feet.
(c) 20 inches.
(d) Several yards.
12. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
(a) A fence.
(b) A sadness.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A frenzied crowd.
13. Where did Wallace go on scholarship?
14. What does Wallace grieve for most in his life?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) The past.
(d) The garden.
15. How many times did Wallace see the door in the wall when he was a young man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the colleague that Wallace was walking with on his most recent time of seeing the wall?
2. As Wallace tells Redmond about seeing the door for the third time, what does he do?
3. What time of day is Wallace's body found?
4. What was the name of the co-worker Wallace was with when he saw the door from the car window one night?
5. Seeing the door in the wall for the third time gave Wallace a sense of ______________ things.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)