|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sometimes Redmond thought Wallace was a victim of what?
2. What does Wallace hold in his hand to symbolize his success to Redmond?
(c) Gold coin.
(d) His father's watch
3. How many times does Wallace see the door in the last year of his life?
4. Who did Wallace wish he had stopped for just a moment and waved to in the garden?
(a) The woman in the robe.
(b) The girl in green.
(c) His playmates.
(d) The panthers.
5. Wallace was taking a shortcut through __________ the fourth time he saw the door.
(a) Earl's Court.
(b) Campden Hill.
(d) East Kensington.
6. What does Wallace tell Redmond success has become to him?
7. Redmond believes the door in the wall offered Wallace what?
8. What restaurant is Wallace in when he has an important conversation about his career?
9. Redmond is convinced that Wallace had a what?
(a) Brain tumor.
(b) Profound experience.
(c) Brain aneurysm.
(d) Abnormal gift.
10. As Wallace tells Redmond about seeing the door for the third time, what does he do?
(a) Drums his fingers.
(b) Stares into the fire.
(c) Cries silently.
(d) Smiles sadly.
11. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
12. What door opened for Wallace in his late teens?
(a) The door to love.
(b) The door to his career.
(c) The door to his father's love.
(d) The door to his past.
13. What was Wallace working on the night he saw the door when he was with a co-worker?
(a) The Tenant's Law.
(b) The Tenant's Redemption Bill.
(c) The Tax Code Revision.
(d) The Tennison Account.
14. What does Wallace grieve for most in his life?
(a) His mother.
(b) The past.
(c) His father.
(d) The garden.
15. What was the name of the co-worker Wallace was with when he saw the door from the car window one night?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Wallace see the door in the wall when he was a young man?
2. How close was Wallace to the door in the wall the last time he saw it?
3. Which of the following occasions did Wallace NOT see the door in the wall?
4. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
5. What should Wallace have been excited to be working on lately?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)