|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is Wallace's body found?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early morning.
2. What made missing the garden the third time worthwhile to Wallace?
(a) An adventure.
(b) His father's praise.
(c) Great wealth.
(d) A girl's love.
3. Seeing the door in the wall for the third time gave Wallace a sense of ______________ things.
4. What door opened for Wallace in his late teens?
(a) The door to his father's love.
(b) The door to his career.
(c) The door to love.
(d) The door to his past.
5. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
(a) A sadness.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A frenzied crowd.
(d) A fence.
6. What was Wallace thinking of himself when he saw the door in the wall for third time?
(a) Captain of industry.
(b) Worldly scholar.
(c) Man of the world.
(d) Lost boy.
7. Wallace had been dining in _______________ when he and a co-worker were called back to work.
(a) East Kensington.
8. Sometimes Redmond thought Wallace was a victim of what?
9. Redmond believes the door in the wall offered Wallace what?
10. What does Wallace tell Redmond is destroying him?
11. What is the name of the colleague that Wallace was walking with on his most recent time of seeing the wall?
12. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
13. Redmond says some will read his story and think him to be what?
14. What should Wallace have been excited to be working on lately?
(a) His future wedding.
(b) New political developments.
(c) His memoir.
(d) New profitable accounts.
15. Wallace felt that his career merited what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, Wallace walked out of _________ into darkness.
2. What does Redmond congratulate Wallace for during their dinner?
3. Where was Wallace going the day he saw the door for the fourth time?
4. How many times did Wallace see the door in the wall when he was a young man?
5. How close was Wallace to the door in the wall the last time he saw it?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)