|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wallace thought his obsession with the door in the wall might be what is referred to as a feeling of __________.
2. What time of day is Wallace's body found?
(b) Early morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
3. What does Wallace grieve for most in his life?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The garden.
(d) The past.
4. What is the name of the newspaper announcing Wallace's death?
(a) West Kensington Gazette.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Westminster Gazette.
(d) London Times.
5. What was Wallace thinking of himself when he saw the door in the wall for third time?
(a) Captain of industry.
(b) Worldly scholar.
(c) Man of the world.
(d) Lost boy.
6. Who did Wallace wish he had stopped for just a moment and waved to in the garden?
(a) The woman in the robe.
(b) The panthers.
(c) The girl in green.
(d) His playmates.
7. What does Redmond congratulate Wallace for during their dinner?
(a) A position in the reconstructed cabinet.
(b) His new accounts.
(c) His book deal.
(d) His engagement.
8. Wallace didn't stop at the door once as a young man because he had an appointment that involved his ____________.
9. How old was Wallace when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
10. In the end, Wallace walked out of _________ into darkness.
11. Wallace was taking a shortcut through __________ the fourth time he saw the door.
(a) Earl's Court.
(b) Campden Hill.
(c) East Kensington.
12. What is the name of Wallace's superior that he wished to have a private word with?
13. What restaurant is Wallace in when he has an important conversation about his career?
14. How many times was Wallace in love?
15. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
2. Seeing the door in the wall for the third time gave Wallace a sense of ______________ things.
3. As Wallace tells Redmond about seeing the door for the third time, what does he do?
4. Which of the following occasions did Wallace NOT see the door in the wall?
5. Wallace felt that his career merited what?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)