|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place is buzzing about Wallace's death?
(a) The House.
(b) The bar.
(c) The club.
(d) The Senate.
2. Redmond says some will read his story and think him to be what?
3. Wallace felt that his career merited what?
4. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
5. Where was Wallace going the day he saw the door for the fourth time?
(a) Job interview.
(b) Important dinner.
(c) Seeing a girl.
(d) Scholarship interview.
6. How many times did Wallace see the door in the wall when he was a young man?
7. Wallace had been dining in _______________ when he and a co-worker were called back to work.
(b) East Kensington.
8. What does Redmond congratulate Wallace for during their dinner?
(a) A position in the reconstructed cabinet.
(b) His engagement.
(c) His new accounts.
(d) His book deal.
9. Redmond calls Wallace a man of what?
(a) Vision and imagination.
(c) Ineptitude and delusions.
10. What does Wallace grieve for most in his life?
(a) The past.
(b) His mother.
(c) The garden.
(d) His father.
11. What restaurant is Wallace in when he has an important conversation about his career?
12. What is the name of the colleague that Wallace was walking with on his most recent time of seeing the wall?
13. Where did Wallace go on scholarship?
14. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) East Kensington Station.
(c) Thames River.
(d) Paddington Square.
15. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
(a) A frenzied crowd.
(b) A fence.
(c) A sadness.
(d) A ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story, Redmond's mind is darkened with what?
2. What look does Redmond remember in Wallace's eyes the night he told his story?
3. What made missing the garden the third time worthwhile to Wallace?
4. When Wallace saw the door in the wall for the third time, he was riding in what?
5. At the dinner, Wallace tells Redmond his soul is full of what?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)