|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following occasions did Wallace NOT see the door in the wall?
(a) On the way to his father's deathbed.
(b) On the way to a scholarship interview.
(c) On the way to a girl's house.
(d) On the way to his wedding.
2. What was Wallace working on the night he saw the door when he was with a co-worker?
(a) The Tax Code Revision.
(b) The Tenant's Law.
(c) The Tenant's Redemption Bill.
(d) The Tennison Account.
3. What does Wallace grieve for most in his life?
(a) The garden.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The past.
4. Where was Wallace going the day he saw the door for the fourth time?
(a) Important dinner.
(b) Scholarship interview.
(c) Job interview.
(d) Seeing a girl.
5. How many times did Wallace see the door in the wall when he was a young man?
6. Sometimes Redmond thought Wallace was a victim of what?
7. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Thames River.
(c) Paddington Square.
(d) East Kensington Station.
8. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 10 weeks.
9. How close was Wallace to the door in the wall the last time he saw it?
(a) Four inches.
(b) Several yards.
(c) 20 inches.
(d) Three feet.
10. When Wallace saw the door in the wall for the third time, he was riding in what?
(a) A bus.
(b) A trolley.
(c) A cab.
(d) A train.
11. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
12. What does Wallace hold in his hand to symbolize his success to Redmond?
(a) His father's watch
(c) Gold coin.
13. How old was Wallace when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
14. What did Wallace refer to as the "common bulldog of adolescence"?
(a) An attitude.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A cap.
(d) A cigarette.
15. What was Wallace thinking of himself when he saw the door in the wall for third time?
(a) Lost boy.
(b) Worldly scholar.
(c) Man of the world.
(d) Captain of industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace felt that his career merited what?
2. How many times was Wallace in love?
3. What door opened for Wallace in his late teens?
4. What restaurant is Wallace in when he has an important conversation about his career?
5. Wallace had been dining in _______________ when he and a co-worker were called back to work.
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)