|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the co-worker Wallace was with when he saw the door from the car window one night?
2. Which of the following occasions did Wallace NOT see the door in the wall?
(a) On the way to his father's deathbed.
(b) On the way to a girl's house.
(c) On the way to his wedding.
(d) On the way to a scholarship interview.
3. Wallace didn't stop at the door once as a young man because he had an appointment that involved his ____________.
4. When Wallace saw the door in the wall for the third time, he was riding in what?
(a) A train.
(b) A bus.
(c) A trolley.
(d) A cab.
5. What door opened for Wallace in his late teens?
(a) The door to his father's love.
(b) The door to love.
(c) The door to his past.
(d) The door to his career.
6. Wallace felt that his career merited what?
7. Wallace's body was found in __________.
(a) The garden.
(b) The wharf.
(c) An empty lot.
(d) An excavation shaft.
8. Seeing the door in the wall for the third time gave Wallace a sense of ______________ things.
9. What should Wallace have been excited to be working on lately?
(a) New political developments.
(b) His memoir.
(c) New profitable accounts.
(d) His future wedding.
10. What does Wallace tell Redmond success has become to him?
11. How old was Wallace when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
12. Where was Wallace going when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
(b) Earl's Court.
(d) Campden Hill.
13. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 month.
14. What does Wallace tell Redmond is destroying him?
15. What is the name of Wallace's superior that he wished to have a private word with?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story, Redmond's mind is darkened with what?
2. Wallace thought his obsession with the door in the wall might be what is referred to as a feeling of __________.
3. What place is buzzing about Wallace's death?
4. At the dinner, Wallace tells Redmond his soul is full of what?
5. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)