|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
2. What restaurant is Wallace in when he has an important conversation about his career?
3. How many times does Wallace see the door in the last year of his life?
4. Which of the following occasions did Wallace NOT see the door in the wall?
(a) On the way to his wedding.
(b) On the way to his father's deathbed.
(c) On the way to a scholarship interview.
(d) On the way to a girl's house.
5. How close was Wallace to the door in the wall the last time he saw it?
(a) Three feet.
(b) Several yards.
(c) Four inches.
(d) 20 inches.
6. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) East Kensington Station.
(c) Paddington Square.
(d) Thames River.
7. At the dinner, Wallace tells Redmond his soul is full of what?
8. Where was Wallace going the day he saw the door for the fourth time?
(a) Seeing a girl.
(b) Important dinner.
(c) Scholarship interview.
(d) Job interview.
9. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
(a) A frenzied crowd.
(b) A fence.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A sadness.
10. Where was Wallace going when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
(a) Campden Hill.
(d) Earl's Court.
11. In the end, Wallace walked out of _________ into darkness.
12. How many times was Wallace in love?
13. What is the name of Wallace's superior that he wished to have a private word with?
14. Wallace compared looking for the door in the wall to what?
(a) Deciphering Stonehenge.
(b) Finding a needle in a haystack.
(c) Being a lost child in the park.
(d) Being drunk.
15. Wallace felt that his career merited what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Redmond congratulate Wallace for during their dinner?
2. Wallace thought his obsession with the door in the wall might be what is referred to as a feeling of __________.
3. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
4. Sometimes Redmond thought Wallace was a victim of what?
5. What was Wallace working on the night he saw the door when he was with a co-worker?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)