|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wallace walked all the way from what location on the night of his death?
(a) The House.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The bar.
(d) His house.
2. What does Wallace grieve for most in his life?
(a) The past.
(b) His father.
(c) The garden.
(d) His mother.
3. What look does Redmond remember in Wallace's eyes the night he told his story?
4. Wallace felt that his career merited what?
5. What place is buzzing about Wallace's death?
(a) The House.
(b) The club.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The bar.
6. Which of the following occasions did Wallace NOT see the door in the wall?
(a) On the way to his wedding.
(b) On the way to his father's deathbed.
(c) On the way to a scholarship interview.
(d) On the way to a girl's house.
7. What is the name of the colleague that Wallace was walking with on his most recent time of seeing the wall?
8. Seeing the door in the wall for the third time gave Wallace a sense of ______________ things.
9. What does Wallace tell Redmond success has become to him?
10. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
(a) East Kensington Station.
(b) Paddington Square.
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) Thames River.
11. What is the name of Wallace's superior that he wished to have a private word with?
12. How many times was Wallace in love?
13. How close was Wallace to the door in the wall the last time he saw it?
(a) 20 inches.
(b) Four inches.
(c) Several yards.
(d) Three feet.
14. Who did Wallace wish he had stopped for just a moment and waved to in the garden?
(a) The woman in the robe.
(b) The girl in green.
(c) His playmates.
(d) The panthers.
15. At the dinner, Wallace tells Redmond his soul is full of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What should Wallace have been excited to be working on lately?
2. What does Wallace hold in his hand to symbolize his success to Redmond?
3. Redmond believes the door in the wall offered Wallace what?
4. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
5. What was Wallace working on the night he saw the door when he was with a co-worker?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)