|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Wallace wish he had stopped for just a moment and waved to in the garden?
(a) His playmates.
(b) The woman in the robe.
(c) The panthers.
(d) The girl in green.
2. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
(a) East Kensington Station.
(b) Paddington Square.
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) Thames River.
3. At the dinner, Wallace tells Redmond his soul is full of what?
4. What place is buzzing about Wallace's death?
(a) The House.
(b) The bar.
(c) The club.
(d) The Senate.
5. Wallace didn't stop at the door once as a young man because he had an appointment that involved his ____________.
6. Wallace thought his obsession with the door in the wall might be what is referred to as a feeling of __________.
7. How close was Wallace to the door in the wall the last time he saw it?
(a) Three feet.
(b) Four inches.
(c) 20 inches.
(d) Several yards.
8. What is the name of Wallace's superior that he wished to have a private word with?
9. Redmond calls Wallace a man of what?
(c) Ineptitude and delusions.
(d) Vision and imagination.
10. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
11. Where did Wallace go on scholarship?
12. Wallace had been dining in _______________ when he and a co-worker were called back to work.
(b) East Kensington.
13. What is the name of the newspaper announcing Wallace's death?
(a) West Kensington Gazette.
(b) New York Times.
(c) London Times.
(d) Westminster Gazette.
14. Wallace compared looking for the door in the wall to what?
(a) Being a lost child in the park.
(b) Being drunk.
(c) Finding a needle in a haystack.
(d) Deciphering Stonehenge.
15. Wallace walked all the way from what location on the night of his death?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The bar.
(c) His house.
(d) The House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
2. What does Redmond congratulate Wallace for during their dinner?
3. What is the name of the colleague that Wallace was walking with on his most recent time of seeing the wall?
4. What was Wallace working on the night he saw the door when he was with a co-worker?
5. How many times does Wallace see the door in the last year of his life?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)