|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wallace tell Redmond is destroying him?
2. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A sadness.
(c) A frenzied crowd.
(d) A fence.
3. Redmond believes the door in the wall offered Wallace what?
4. Where was Wallace going when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
(b) Campden Hill.
(c) Earl's Court.
5. Seeing the door in the wall for the third time gave Wallace a sense of ______________ things.
6. Wallace didn't stop at the door once as a young man because he had an appointment that involved his ____________.
7. What did Wallace refer to as the "common bulldog of adolescence"?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) An attitude.
(d) A cap.
8. What should Wallace have been excited to be working on lately?
(a) His memoir.
(b) New political developments.
(c) New profitable accounts.
(d) His future wedding.
9. What was Wallace working on the night he saw the door when he was with a co-worker?
(a) The Tennison Account.
(b) The Tax Code Revision.
(c) The Tenant's Law.
(d) The Tenant's Redemption Bill.
10. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Paddington Square.
(c) East Kensington Station.
(d) Thames River.
11. Redmond says some will read his story and think him to be what?
12. What made missing the garden the third time worthwhile to Wallace?
(a) A girl's love.
(b) An adventure.
(c) Great wealth.
(d) His father's praise.
13. Where did Wallace go on scholarship?
14. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
15. How many times did Wallace see the door in the wall when he was a young man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Wallace wish he had stopped for just a moment and waved to in the garden?
2. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
3. In the end, Wallace walked out of _________ into darkness.
4. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
5. When Wallace saw the door in the wall for the third time, he was riding in what?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)