|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place is buzzing about Wallace's death?
(a) The House.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The bar.
(d) The club.
2. What look does Redmond remember in Wallace's eyes the night he told his story?
3. In the end, Wallace walked out of _________ into darkness.
4. Where did Wallace go on scholarship?
5. What door opened for Wallace in his late teens?
(a) The door to his past.
(b) The door to his career.
(c) The door to love.
(d) The door to his father's love.
6. Wallace compared looking for the door in the wall to what?
(a) Deciphering Stonehenge.
(b) Finding a needle in a haystack.
(c) Being a lost child in the park.
(d) Being drunk.
7. What does Wallace hold in his hand to symbolize his success to Redmond?
(b) Gold coin.
(d) His father's watch
8. How old was Wallace when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
9. Sometimes Redmond thought Wallace was a victim of what?
10. What does Wallace tell Redmond is destroying him?
11. What is the name of Wallace's superior that he wished to have a private word with?
12. What was Wallace thinking of himself when he saw the door in the wall for third time?
(a) Worldly scholar.
(b) Lost boy.
(c) Captain of industry.
(d) Man of the world.
13. Wallace was taking a shortcut through __________ the fourth time he saw the door.
(a) East Kensington.
(b) Campden Hill.
(d) Earl's Court.
14. Wallace's body was found in __________.
(a) The garden.
(b) An empty lot.
(c) An excavation shaft.
(d) The wharf.
15. How many times did Wallace see the door in the wall when he was a young man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Redmond believes the door in the wall offered Wallace what?
2. At the end of the story, Redmond's mind is darkened with what?
3. Seeing the door in the wall for the third time gave Wallace a sense of ______________ things.
4. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
5. At the dinner, Wallace tells Redmond his soul is full of what?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)