|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Wallace when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
2. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) East Kensington Station.
(c) Paddington Square.
(d) Thames River.
3. What does Wallace grieve for most in his life?
(a) His father.
(b) The past.
(c) His mother.
(d) The garden.
4. What does Wallace tell Redmond is destroying him?
5. Where was Wallace going when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
(c) Campden Hill.
(d) Earl's Court.
6. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
7. Redmond calls Wallace a man of what?
(a) Ineptitude and delusions.
(b) Vision and imagination.
8. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
9. What does Wallace tell Redmond success has become to him?
10. What door opened for Wallace in his late teens?
(a) The door to his father's love.
(b) The door to love.
(c) The door to his past.
(d) The door to his career.
11. What look does Redmond remember in Wallace's eyes the night he told his story?
12. Redmond is convinced that Wallace had a what?
(a) Brain aneurysm.
(b) Brain tumor.
(c) Abnormal gift.
(d) Profound experience.
13. What does Wallace hold in his hand to symbolize his success to Redmond?
(a) His father's watch
(c) Gold coin.
14. Wallace thought his obsession with the door in the wall might be what is referred to as a feeling of __________.
15. What does Redmond congratulate Wallace for during their dinner?
(a) His new accounts.
(b) A position in the reconstructed cabinet.
(c) His book deal.
(d) His engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace's body was found in __________.
2. Wallace compared looking for the door in the wall to what?
3. What was the name of the co-worker Wallace was with when he saw the door from the car window one night?
4. What restaurant is Wallace in when he has an important conversation about his career?
5. What made missing the garden the third time worthwhile to Wallace?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)