|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wallace saw the door in the wall for the third time, he was riding in what?
(a) A train.
(b) A trolley.
(c) A bus.
(d) A cab.
2. Wallace was taking a shortcut through __________ the fourth time he saw the door.
(a) Campden Hill.
(c) Earl's Court.
(d) East Kensington.
3. Where was Wallace going the day he saw the door for the fourth time?
(a) Important dinner.
(b) Scholarship interview.
(c) Job interview.
(d) Seeing a girl.
4. What is the name of the newspaper announcing Wallace's death?
(a) West Kensington Gazette.
(b) Westminster Gazette.
(c) New York Times.
(d) London Times.
5. What did Wallace refer to as the "common bulldog of adolescence"?
(a) An attitude.
(b) A cap.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A cigarette.
6. Redmond believes the door in the wall offered Wallace what?
7. Which of the following occasions did Wallace NOT see the door in the wall?
(a) On the way to a scholarship interview.
(b) On the way to his wedding.
(c) On the way to his father's deathbed.
(d) On the way to a girl's house.
8. What does Wallace tell Redmond is destroying him?
9. What is the name of the colleague that Wallace was walking with on his most recent time of seeing the wall?
10. What does Redmond congratulate Wallace for during their dinner?
(a) His new accounts.
(b) His book deal.
(c) A position in the reconstructed cabinet.
(d) His engagement.
11. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
(a) A frenzied crowd.
(b) A fence.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A sadness.
12. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 10 weeks.
13. Wallace compared looking for the door in the wall to what?
(a) Being a lost child in the park.
(b) Being drunk.
(c) Finding a needle in a haystack.
(d) Deciphering Stonehenge.
14. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
15. What was the name of the co-worker Wallace was with when he saw the door from the car window one night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Redmond is convinced that Wallace had a what?
2. What place is buzzing about Wallace's death?
3. What was Wallace working on the night he saw the door when he was with a co-worker?
4. Sometimes Redmond thought Wallace was a victim of what?
5. What does Wallace grieve for most in his life?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)