|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is Wallace's body found?
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
2. What does Wallace hold in his hand to symbolize his success to Redmond?
(a) Gold coin.
(c) His father's watch
3. As Wallace tells Redmond about seeing the door for the third time, what does he do?
(a) Stares into the fire.
(b) Cries silently.
(c) Drums his fingers.
(d) Smiles sadly.
4. How old was Wallace when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
5. What place is buzzing about Wallace's death?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The bar.
(c) The club.
(d) The House.
6. How many times was Wallace in love?
7. Redmond believes the door in the wall offered Wallace what?
8. What restaurant is Wallace in when he has an important conversation about his career?
9. Sometimes Redmond thought Wallace was a victim of what?
10. Where was Wallace going when he saw the door in the wall for the third time?
(a) Earl's Court.
(b) Campden Hill.
11. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
(a) A frenzied crowd.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A fence.
(d) A sadness.
12. At the dinner, Wallace tells Redmond his soul is full of what?
13. Wallace's body was found in __________.
(a) The wharf.
(b) An empty lot.
(c) An excavation shaft.
(d) The garden.
14. What is the name of the newspaper announcing Wallace's death?
(a) London Times.
(b) West Kensington Gazette.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Westminster Gazette.
15. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the co-worker Wallace was with when he saw the door from the car window one night?
2. How close was Wallace to the door in the wall the last time he saw it?
3. Wallace thought his obsession with the door in the wall might be what is referred to as a feeling of __________.
4. Wallace was taking a shortcut through __________ the fourth time he saw the door.
5. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)