|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wallace go on scholarship?
2. How close was Wallace to the door in the wall the last time he saw it?
(a) Three feet.
(b) Four inches.
(c) 20 inches.
(d) Several yards.
3. What did Wallace refer to as the "common bulldog of adolescence"?
(a) A pipe.
(b) An attitude.
(c) A cap.
(d) A cigarette.
4. Sometimes Redmond thought Wallace was a victim of what?
5. How many times was Wallace in love?
6. What should Wallace have been excited to be working on lately?
(a) New political developments.
(b) His memoir.
(c) New profitable accounts.
(d) His future wedding.
7. For how long has Wallace been unable to focus on his work because of his preoccupation with seeing the door?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 6 months.
8. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
(a) A frenzied crowd.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A sadness.
(d) A fence.
9. Wallace walked all the way from what location on the night of his death?
(a) The bar.
(b) The Senate.
(c) His house.
(d) The House.
10. Wallace thought his obsession with the door in the wall might be what is referred to as a feeling of __________.
11. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Thames River.
(c) East Kensington Station.
(d) Paddington Square.
12. Where was Wallace going the day he saw the door for the fourth time?
(a) Important dinner.
(b) Scholarship interview.
(c) Seeing a girl.
(d) Job interview.
13. What door opened for Wallace in his late teens?
(a) The door to his career.
(b) The door to love.
(c) The door to his past.
(d) The door to his father's love.
14. What time of day is Wallace's body found?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Late afternoon.
15. Wallace was taking a shortcut through __________ the fourth time he saw the door.
(a) Earl's Court.
(c) Campden Hill.
(d) East Kensington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
2. What look does Redmond remember in Wallace's eyes the night he told his story?
3. Redmond believes the door in the wall offered Wallace what?
4. What does Wallace grieve for most in his life?
5. What was Wallace working on the night he saw the door when he was with a co-worker?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)