|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story, Redmond's mind is darkened with what?
(a) Doubts and questions.
(b) Emptiness and pain.
(c) Riddles and regrets.
(d) Questions and riddles.
2. Seeing the door in the wall for the third time gave Wallace a sense of ______________ things.
3. What was Wallace working on the night he saw the door when he was with a co-worker?
(a) The Tenant's Redemption Bill.
(b) The Tax Code Revision.
(c) The Tennison Account.
(d) The Tenant's Law.
4. Wallace was taking a shortcut through __________ the fourth time he saw the door.
(a) East Kensington.
(b) Earl's Court.
(c) Campden Hill.
5. What was Wallace thinking of himself when he saw the door in the wall for third time?
(a) Worldly scholar.
(b) Lost boy.
(c) Captain of industry.
(d) Man of the world.
6. What is the hoarding on the high road that Redmond refers to in Part 4?
(a) A fence.
(b) A sadness.
(c) A frenzied crowd.
(d) A ghost.
7. The dead body of Wallace is found near where?
(a) Paddington Square.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) East Kensington Station.
(d) Thames River.
8. Wallace didn't stop at the door once as a young man because he had an appointment that involved his ____________.
9. How close was Wallace to the door in the wall the last time he saw it?
(a) Four inches.
(b) Several yards.
(c) Three feet.
(d) 20 inches.
10. Wallace walked all the way from what location on the night of his death?
(a) The House.
(b) The bar.
(c) The Senate.
(d) His house.
11. Who did Wallace wish he had stopped for just a moment and waved to in the garden?
(a) The woman in the robe.
(b) His playmates.
(c) The girl in green.
(d) The panthers.
12. What does Wallace tell Redmond is destroying him?
13. Redmond says some will read his story and think him to be what?
14. What did the door in the wall do to Wallace in the end?
15. Wallace thought his obsession with the door in the wall might be what is referred to as a feeling of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace compared looking for the door in the wall to what?
2. Sometimes Redmond thought Wallace was a victim of what?
3. Redmond remembers Wallace's _______ face the last night he saw him.
4. How many times does Wallace see the door in the last year of his life?
5. What door opened for Wallace in his late teens?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)