|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wallace feel the first time he saw the door in the wall?
2. What did the boys call Wallace when they were teasing him about the garden?
3. What did Wallace do to try to get the boys to stop teasing him?
(a) Told a teacher.
(b) Told his father.
(c) Took them to the garden.
(d) Hit them.
4. What was the name of the game Wallace often played as a schoolboy?
(a) South by Southwest.
(b) North-West Passage.
(c) North Star.
(d) Wild Wild West.
5. Wallace described the boy at school who told his secret about the garden to the older boys as looking like a what?
6. What was the name of the composer's son who praised the quality of Wallace's lie?
7. What did Wallace see the door as the second time he found it?
(a) An answer to prayer.
(b) A desire.
(c) An obstacle.
(d) A dream.
8. What kind of creature hopped onto Wallace's shoulder as he toured the garden for the first time?
9. What did Wallace's father give him after he came home from his first trip to the garden?
(a) His gold watch.
(b) A hug.
(c) A thrashing.
(d) A fairytale book.
10. Where did Wallace sit in the garden to look at the book?
(d) Fountain steps.
11. What did the man on the street poke Wallace with as he was sobbing after leaving the garden?
12. Redmond thought Wallace might possess an inestimable ______________.
13. Wallace remembered the men and women in the garden as the __________ people.
(b) Kind warm.
(d) Beautiful strange.
14. Wallace told his story to Redmond to defend himself against what?
(c) Past sins.
15. Wallace went right by the door the second time tugging on his what?
(d) Fishing pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the garden feel like to Wallace from the first moment?
2. What kind of birds were there in the garden?
3. What kind of flowers line the steps that suddenly appear in the garden?
4. How many boys teased Wallace about the garden?
5. What is growing along the white wall the first time Wallace sees it?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)