|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the children in the garden say when Wallace left them?
(a) Have a pleasant day!
(b) We'll miss you!
(c) Come back to us!
(d) Don't go!
2. What was on the pages of the book the woman in the garden showed Wallace?
3. What record is Wallace afraid will be broken if he stops at the garden the second time?
(b) Fastest mile.
(d) Fastest boy.
4. What was the real name of the boy at school who Wallace told about the garden?
5. Who brought Wallace home after his first visit to the garden?
(a) Old man.
(c) Old woman.
6. For how many terms did Wallace slack in his schoolwork?
7. The first feeling Wallace had when he saw the door for the second time was ____________.
8. Wallace thought it might be ____________ to tell someone about the garden.
(c) A relief.
(d) Against the rules.
9. What kind of position would Wallace likely have had if he had lived?
10. How old was Wallace when he forgot about the garden for a time?
11. What is Wallace holding as he tells his story to Redmond?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A glass of wine.
12. Who does Wallace walk around the garden with the first time?
(a) A tall girl.
(b) A little boy.
(c) An old man.
(d) An small woman.
13. What was in the grass-covered courtyard where Wallace played games in the garden?
(b) Chess board.
(d) Sun dial.
14. What did Wallace pray for every night as a young child?
(a) A mother.
(b) A friend.
(c) To dream of the garden.
(d) To take his father to the garden.
15. How long after having dinner with Redmond did Wallace die?
(a) One month later.
(b) One day later.
(c) One week later.
(d) One year later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before entering the door in the wall for the first time, which of the following did Wallace NOT see in the shop windows?
2. What month was it when Wallace first saw the door in the wall?
3. Who did Wallace think would be very angry if he went through the door in the wall the first time?
4. What was the man wearing who found Wallace crying after his sudden expulsion from the garden?
5. What special thing did Wallace see in the book in the garden?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)