|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The schoolmates made Wallace sit through ____________ for lying.
(c) A beating.
(d) A truth circle.
2. What did the garden feel like to Wallace from the first moment?
3. What did the world look like to Wallace after he left the garden?
4. What word did Wallace use to describe the fact that he went right by the garden door the second time?
5. Before entering the door in the wall for the first time, which of the following did Wallace NOT see in the shop windows?
(c) Cans of paint.
(d) Wallpaper books.
6. What did the children in the garden say when Wallace left them?
(a) Don't go!
(b) We'll miss you!
(c) Come back to us!
(d) Have a pleasant day!
7. How old is Wallace when he tells Redmond his story over dinner?
8. The garden made such an impression on Wallace because he was a __________ little boy.
9. What was the name of the bad neighborhood Wallace once got lost in?
(a) Capstone Garden.
(b) Camden Yard.
(c) Campden Hill.
(d) Carson Center.
10. What was the name of the composer's son who praised the quality of Wallace's lie?
11. How many times did Wallace find the door in the wall while he was a schoolboy?
12. Redmond later reconsiders Wallace's story as he drinks what?
(b) Bloody Mary.
13. What was the occupation of Wallace's father?
14. For how many terms did Wallace slack in his schoolwork?
15. Redmond thought Wallace might possess an inestimable ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallace said that after the older boys teased him at school he would cry at night, but by day he was ______________.
2. Who raised Wallace?
3. What feeling did the people in the garden convey to Wallace?
4. How old was Wallace when he forgot about the garden for a time?
5. Where was Wallace heading the second time he saw the door in the wall?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)