|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
2. How do utilitarians feel about art?
(a) It is only worthwhile if it is beautiful and functional, as in the case of fine architecture.
(b) It is useful only when it is appreciated by most of society.
(c) It doesn't have much value.
(d) It is a necessary diversion for humanity.
3. According to the author, what did one subject see while under the effects of mescalin and the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) A Japanese landscape.
(b) A vision of Hell.
(c) A phoenix of undulating rainbow colors.
(d) A vision of Heaven.
4. According to the author, there is very little of what in La Tour's paintings?
5. What does the world inhabited by schizophrenics and other psychotics resemble, according to the author?
(a) The spirits seen by a psychic.
(b) A psychedelic fugue.
(c) The world of the dead.
(d) A sane person's nervous breakdown.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is theatrical spectacle?
2. To whom does the author attribute the concept of Hades, mentioned in Appendix 6?
3. According to the author, why do religious devotees participate in practices to atone for their sins?
4. What topic does the author explore in Appendix 2?
5. How did "pyrotechny" begin in Europe, according to the author?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)