|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT something with which schizophrenics have lost touch, according to the author?
(a) Fellow beings.
2. Which of Van Gogh's paintings does the author use as an example of Western landscape art?
(a) "Long Road."
(b) "Starry Night."
(d) "The Day After."
3. What discovery was made about the substance being tested in the early 1950s?
(a) It shouldn't be used by people with anxiety or panic disorders.
(b) It permanently alters the user's brain in some ways.
(c) Its chemical makeup is similar to adrenalin.
(d) It was a natural by-product of processing the plant in certain ways.
4. Why were our ancestors' visions often negative, according to the author?
(a) They believed in the Devil and were afraid of damnation.
(b) They had shorter life spans.
(c) They lived in more dangerous environments.
(d) Their visions were induced by a different means.
5. What happened to La Tour's reputation as a result of the rise of the new Art of Versailles?
(a) He was forced to change his style to remain popular.
(b) His reputation didn't change, but his fans were more loyal than ever.
(c) He became even more famous and well-known.
(d) He was forgotten, and his works were attributed to other artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did fireworks re-enter the world of popular entertainment, according to the author?
2. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
3. How did "pyrotechny" begin in Europe, according to the author?
4. What researcher performed experiments with touching parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
5. Which of these is NOT an example given by the author of great nature art?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)