|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is self-flagellation?
(a) The act of cutting oneself.
(b) The act of piercing one's skin.
(c) The act of whipping oneself.
(d) The act of burning oneself.
2. What does the candle light do for La Tour's paintings, according to the author?
(a) Makes them different from other painter's works, even when the subjects are similar.
(b) Stresses the importance and divinity of something simply existing.
(c) Allows La Tour to make the background of his paintings dark, and therefore less detailed.
(d) Creates a unique way to light and shade the subjects.
3. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
(a) It gets psychiatrists another step closer to understanding how hypnotism works.
(b) It demonstrates the suggestibility of humans.
(c) It shows the power that art has over the human mind.
(d) It offers another way for people to achieve the same results that they would get with drugs.
4. What La Tour painting was acquired by the Louvre in 1934?
(a) "The Venus of Willendorf."
(b) "The Creation of Man."
(c) "The Painters of Reality."
(d) "The Robust Workhorse."
5. In theological terms, the progress the author mentions at the end of Appendix 6 is a transition from what to what?
(a) From Hades to Purgatory.
(b) From Heaven to Hades.
(c) From Purgatory to Heaven.
(d) From Hades to Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chemical change does the author mention at the end of Appendix 6?
2. According to the author in Appendix 6, what opens the doors of heaven, hell, and limbo for the living?
3. Why were our ancestors' visions often negative, according to the author?
4. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
5. How are many visionaries received by others, according to the author?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)