|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Northeast.
(b) The Southwest.
(c) The Southeast.
(d) The Midwest.
2. What chemicals were released into the bloodstream during the act of self-flagellation?
(a) Endorphins and serotonin.
(b) Adrenalin and histamines.
(c) Histamines and endorphins.
(d) Serotonin and adrenalin.
3. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
(b) Stained glass.
4. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
(c) Angel dust.
5. According to the author, which cultures have the best art depicting nature scenes up close?
(a) Chinese and Japanese.
(b) European and American.
(c) South American and Mexican.
(d) Russian and European.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
2. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
3. What is the drawback to the "visionary arts" mentioned in Appendix 3?
4. What, according to the author, breaks the silence in which schizophrenics exist?
5. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)