|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whence does the author believe visionary experiences originate?
(a) From the user's imagination.
(b) From the Mind-at-large.
(c) From the user's memories.
(d) From the user's racial memory.
2. Who is mentioned in Appendix 5 as the artist who painted "Thicket"?
(a) Van Gogh.
(c) Da Vinci.
3. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
(a) One is completely non-toxic, while the other has some lasting side effects.
(b) One is well-researched, while the other is relatively unknown.
(c) One involves chemicals, while the other makes use of physics.
(d) One is costly, while the other is inexpensive.
4. According to the author, what did Ben Jonson fail to understand about theatrical spectacle?
(a) It was able to transport people and give them wondrous experiences.
(b) The actors' talent was more important to the success of the performance than the script.
(c) The set and visual components are just as important, perhaps more so, than the words.
(d) It was something which could be enjoyed by people of all ages and classes.
5. What happened to "pyrotechny" after the fall of Rome?
(a) It became used only in religious and national ceremonies.
(b) It returned to being used exclusively for military purposes.
(c) The technology was lost, and development had to begin from scratch.
(d) Bigger and brighter displays were invented.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what happens when Nature is seen up-close or from a different angle?
2. According to the author, what is an example of Vuillard giving the viewer "the best of both worlds" in his paintings?
3. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
4. Who is the first painter mentioned in Appendix IV?
5. What is the potential danger of the second technique described in Appendix 1?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)