|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states in Appendix 3 that the cinematographic art of the distorted documentary seems to presage the end of what?
(b) Non-representational painting.
(c) Traditional documentary.
2. Which of La Tour's paintings does the author mention by name at the end of Appendix 4?
(a) "Old Man in a Boat."
3. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) A negative outlook on life.
(c) The way that mescalin is broken down in the body.
(d) An allergy to mescalin.
4. Which of these is NOT an example given by the author of great nature art?
(a) A mountain stream seen from the brush.
(b) Finches in a bush.
(c) Eighteen inches of a bamboo stem with its leaves.
(d) A spray of blossoming plum.
5. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
(a) One is costly, while the other is inexpensive.
(b) One involves chemicals, while the other makes use of physics.
(c) One is well-researched, while the other is relatively unknown.
(d) One is completely non-toxic, while the other has some lasting side effects.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
2. What topic does the author explore in Appendix 2?
3. According to the author, in what year did the rediscovery of La Tour begin?
4. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
5. What is the potential danger of the second technique described in Appendix 1?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)