|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
2. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
(a) The subjects were able to learn new languages and skills more efficiently.
(b) The subjects experienced a variety of emotions.
(c) Various parts of the subjects' bodies twitched.
(d) The subjects recalled detailed and distant memories.
3. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
4. According to the author, what happens when Nature is seen up-close or from a different angle?
(a) It is still ordinary and everyday.
(b) It seems strange and wondrous.
(c) It is disconcerting and unsettling.
(d) It is frightening and undefinable.
5. How was the drug typically used up until the 1950s?
(a) Recreationally, and in religious ceremonies.
(b) To sedate those with psychiatric problems.
(c) In religious ceremonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe our ancestors' winter diets in Appendix 2?
2. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
3. What does the author say about vision-inducing devices and effects at the beginning of Appendix 3?
4. What was the subject of the Delacroix painting the author mentions in Appendix 5?
5. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)