|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A mental state similar to that of schizophrenia can be induced by administering what drug?
(d) Derivatives of adrenalin.
2. What group of mentally-ill people does the author write about in Appendix 6?
(b) Heroin addicts.
3. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Southeast.
(b) The Midwest.
(c) The Southwest.
(d) The Northeast.
4. What La Tour painting was acquired by the Louvre in 1934?
(a) "The Robust Workhorse."
(b) "The Creation of Man."
(c) "The Painters of Reality."
(d) "The Venus of Willendorf."
5. What event was, according to the author, an example of ancient pageantry which was enriched and improved by technological advances?
(a) The first motion picture.
(b) The first performance of "Romeo and Juliet" in a theater equipped with modern technology.
(c) The inauguration of the first President, George Washington.
(d) The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
2. What practice has been undertaken by almost all religious aspirants, according to the author?
3. What poet does the author quote in Appendix 5?
4. Which of these is NOT a vision which the author thinks might be produced by prodding the brain with an electrode?
5. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)