|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the drug typically used up until the 1950s?
(b) To sedate those with psychiatric problems.
(c) Recreationally, and in religious ceremonies.
(d) In religious ceremonies.
2. Which of these is NOT an example given by the author of great nature art?
(a) Finches in a bush.
(b) A spray of blossoming plum.
(c) Eighteen inches of a bamboo stem with its leaves.
(d) A mountain stream seen from the brush.
3. Which physiological system's tissues are more "vulnerable," according to the author, than the others?
(a) The limbic system.
(b) The cardiovascular system.
(c) The nervous system.
(d) The gastrointestinal system.
4. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
5. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The Northeast.
(c) The Southeast.
(d) The Southwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In theological terms, the progress the author mentions at the end of Appendix 6 is a transition from what to what?
2. Upon what evidence does the author base his comparison of a schizophrenic's experiences?
3. Which of La Tour's paintings does the author mention by name at the end of Appendix 4?
4. The "new Art of Versailles" was deliberately cultivated, according to the author, during the reign of which king?
5. Why were our ancestors' visions often negative, according to the author?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)