|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT a practice that mimics the effects which result from the first technique described in Appendix 1?
(c) Yogic breathing.
2. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
(a) The subjects recalled detailed and distant memories.
(b) The subjects were able to learn new languages and skills more efficiently.
(c) Various parts of the subjects' bodies twitched.
(d) The subjects experienced a variety of emotions.
3. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
(a) Visions can be induced, while dreams only happen randomly.
(b) Dreams can be had while awake or asleep, while visions only occur when one is awake.
(c) Visions are often similar to religious experiences, but dreams usually aren't.
(d) Color is rare in dreams, but is always present in visions.
4. What does the author say about vision-inducing devices and effects at the beginning of Appendix 3?
(a) They have played a greater role in fine art than in popular entertainment.
(b) They have played a greater role in popular entertainment than in fine arts.
(c) They have played a greater role in popular entertainment than in religion.
(d) They have played a greater role in religion than in fine art.
5. According to the author, what did one subject see while under the effects of mescalin and the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) A vision of Hell.
(b) A Japanese landscape.
(c) A phoenix of undulating rainbow colors.
(d) A vision of Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the highest point of the transformation the author discusses in Appendix 6?
2. The first painter mentioned in Appendix IV was the appointed artist to the king of what nation?
3. What chemical change does the author mention at the end of Appendix 6?
4. According to the author, what is theatrical spectacle?
5. What was the style of the new Art of Versailles, according to the author?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)