|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event was, according to the author, an example of ancient pageantry which was enriched and improved by technological advances?
(a) The inauguration of the first President, George Washington.
(b) The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
(c) The first performance of "Romeo and Juliet" in a theater equipped with modern technology.
(d) The first motion picture.
2. To whom does the author attribute the concept of Hades, mentioned in Appendix 6?
3. How does the author describe La Tour as a person?
(a) Gruff but kind.
(b) Hard, avaricious, and proud.
(c) Humble, wise, and meek.
(d) Generous and hard-working.
4. According to the author, in what year did the rediscovery of La Tour begin?
5. According to the author, what did Ben Jonson fail to understand about theatrical spectacle?
(a) The set and visual components are just as important, perhaps more so, than the words.
(b) The actors' talent was more important to the success of the performance than the script.
(c) It was something which could be enjoyed by people of all ages and classes.
(d) It was able to transport people and give them wondrous experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to La Tour's reputation as a result of the rise of the new Art of Versailles?
2. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
3. To what sort of life are schizophrenics condemned, according to the author?
4. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 4 about the relationship between an artist's character and their work?
5. What were the two primary uses of the science of "pyrotechny," according to the author?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)