|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would a spiritual person interpret chemically-induced visionary experiences?
(a) Most truly spiritual people don't believe in visionary experiences.
(b) A vision which is chemically-induced cannot be divine.
(c) They were sent by God, and the chemicals had nothing to do with it.
(d) All experiences are chemically-induced, including the divine ones, because that's just how our bodies work.
2. According to the author, what did one subject see while under the effects of mescalin and the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) A Japanese landscape.
(b) A phoenix of undulating rainbow colors.
(c) A vision of Heaven.
(d) A vision of Hell.
3. Who is mentioned in Appendix 5 as the artist who painted "Dell in Helmingham Park"?
(a) Van Gogh.
4. Which of these is NOT an example given by the author of great nature art?
(a) A spray of blossoming plum.
(b) Eighteen inches of a bamboo stem with its leaves.
(c) Finches in a bush.
(d) A mountain stream seen from the brush.
5. What, according to the author, breaks the silence in which schizophrenics exist?
(a) Their own screams.
(b) The occasional heartfelt words of a loved one.
(c) Divine intervention.
(d) The gibbering of ghosts.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
2. According to the author, in Appendix 2 what was the result of our ancestors' winter diets?
3. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
4. Why is the first technique in Appendix 1 even less understood than mescalin use?
5. Which is NOT one of the "visionary arts" that the author mentions at the beginning of Appendix 3?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)