|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the subject of most of Vuillard's paintings?
2. What is NOT a side-effect experienced by under-nourished individuals, according to the author in Appendix 2?
3. Who used to say that when he self-flagellated God would deny him nothing?
(a) Benedict XVI.
(b) The Apostle Paul.
(c) The Cure d'Ars.
(d) Saint John.
4. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
(a) The second essay has a darker, more sinister tone than the first.
(b) The second doesn't recount any specific experience.
(c) The second was originally a journal entry, and the author didn't intend to publish it.
(d) The second was written before the author's experimentation with drugs.
5. Which physiological system's tissues are more "vulnerable," according to the author, than the others?
(a) The limbic system.
(b) The nervous system.
(c) The gastrointestinal system.
(d) The cardiovascular system.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
2. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
3. What two techniques, according to the author, can produce effects similar to those of mescalin?
4. What is the drawback to the "visionary arts" mentioned in Appendix 3?
5. How was the drug typically used up until the 1950s?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)