|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
(a) The second doesn't recount any specific experience.
(b) The second essay has a darker, more sinister tone than the first.
(c) The second was written before the author's experimentation with drugs.
(d) The second was originally a journal entry, and the author didn't intend to publish it.
2. What was the style of the new Art of Versailles, according to the author?
3. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
4. According to the author, who might the old man be in the painting by La Tour referenced at the end of Appendix 4?
(a) St. Peter.
(b) St. Joseph.
(c) St. Paul.
(d) St. Thomas.
5. What is NOT a side-effect experienced by under-nourished individuals, according to the author in Appendix 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Appendix 2, how would "proponents of a 'Nothing-But' philosophy" interpret mystical experiences?
2. What was the subject of most of Vuillard's paintings?
3. According to the author, what theme is illustrated by the close-up landscapes of Chinese and Japanese art?
4. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
5. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)