|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which physiological system's tissues are more "vulnerable," according to the author, than the others?
(a) The limbic system.
(b) The gastrointestinal system.
(c) The nervous system.
(d) The cardiovascular system.
2. What is the subject of most of La Tour's paintings?
(a) Landscapes and nature.
(b) Women performing daily tasks.
(c) An object seen by the light of a single candle.
(d) Still-life images of fruit and flowers.
3. What is NOT a side-effect experienced by under-nourished individuals, according to the author in Appendix 2?
4. What poet does the author quote in Appendix 5?
5. What were the two primary uses of the science of "pyrotechny," according to the author?
(a) Weaponry and fireworks.
(b) Fireworks and stage lighting.
(c) Religious ceremony and weaponry.
(d) Stage lighting and religious ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What La Tour painting was acquired by the Louvre in 1934?
2. What is the main reason for conducting the experiment in which the author participates?
3. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
4. According to the author, what are the two reasons for the manner in which visionaries are received?
5. What event was, according to the author, an example of ancient pageantry which was enriched and improved by technological advances?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)