|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the subject of most of Vuillard's paintings?
2. What happens when mescalin or LSD is used in conjunction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) Any negative effects being experienced by the user will disappear.
(b) The user is more prone to nausea, vomiting or seizure.
(c) The effects of the drugs immediately wear off.
(d) The effects of the drugs are intensified and enriched.
3. According to the author, what are the two reasons for the manner in which visionaries are received?
(a) Philosophical and chemical.
(b) Chemical and physical.
(c) Religious and philosophical.
(d) Physical and religious.
4. What is NOT a side-effect experienced by under-nourished individuals, according to the author in Appendix 2?
5. What development contributed greatly, according to the author, to pageantry and theatrical spectacle?
(a) Artificial lighting.
(b) Mass production of clothing and jewelry.
(c) Widespread literacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chemicals were released into the bloodstream during the act of self-flagellation?
2. According to the author, what is theatrical spectacle?
3. What topic does the author explore in Appendix 2?
4. How would a spiritual person interpret chemically-induced visionary experiences?
5. Why was Holy Week such an effective spiritual practice, according to the author?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)