|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the subject of the poem the author quotes in Appendix 5?
(a) A child on a road surrounded by corn fields.
(b) A pond surrounded by poplars in fall.
(c) A bird flying out of a bush and settling in the poet's hand.
(d) A solitary oak tree on top of a hill.
2. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
3. What La Tour painting was acquired by the Louvre in 1934?
(a) "The Painters of Reality."
(b) "The Creation of Man."
(c) "The Robust Workhorse."
(d) "The Venus of Willendorf."
4. According to the author, why do religious devotees participate in practices to atone for their sins?
(a) To achieve a natural high, created by feelings of religious exultation.
(b) To prepare themselves for judgment after death.
(c) To achieve a better understanding of themselves and the teachings of their religion.
(d) To get a reprieve from feelings of guilt or inadequacy.
5. How does the author describe our ancestors' winter diets in Appendix 2?
(a) They ate pretty much the same diet they ate during the rest of the year.
(b) They ate mostly meat and grains, with some fruit and vegetables.
(c) They ate dried meat and fruit which they stored during the autumn harvest.
(d) They ate no fruit, no vegetables, and very little meat or dairy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
2. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
3. Artificial lighting gave, according to the author, a new visionary quality to what form of ancient art?
4. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
5. What is the Dharma-body?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)