|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
(a) Solitary, but not introspective.
(b) Introspective, but group-oriented.
(c) Solitary, but sometimes focused on others.
(d) Introspective and solitary.
2. According to the author, at the end of Appendix 1 what is one claim that is made almost universally by visionaries?
(a) They can only have the visions when they are in the right frame of mind to do so.
(b) They never have the same vision twice.
(c) They are unable to produce the visions at will, regardless of the methods they try.
(d) They are unable to recall the experience in anything approaching its original intensity.
3. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
(a) One involves chemicals, while the other makes use of physics.
(b) One is well-researched, while the other is relatively unknown.
(c) One is costly, while the other is inexpensive.
(d) One is completely non-toxic, while the other has some lasting side effects.
4. What event was, according to the author, an example of ancient pageantry which was enriched and improved by technological advances?
(a) The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
(b) The first motion picture.
(c) The inauguration of the first President, George Washington.
(d) The first performance of "Romeo and Juliet" in a theater equipped with modern technology.
5. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
(a) Angel dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does the author explore in Appendix 2?
2. According to the author, which cultures have the best art depicting nature scenes up close?
3. Artificial lighting gave, according to the author, a new visionary quality to what form of ancient art?
4. How are many visionaries received by others, according to the author?
5. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)