|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
(a) Use of ambient music.
(b) Use of various sound frequencies.
(c) Use of a repetitive hand movement.
(d) Use of a stroboscopic lamp.
2. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
3. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
(a) It offers another way for people to achieve the same results that they would get with drugs.
(b) It demonstrates the suggestibility of humans.
(c) It shows the power that art has over the human mind.
(d) It gets psychiatrists another step closer to understanding how hypnotism works.
4. What is the Dharma-body?
(a) Truth, mind, and nature.
(b) Truth, joy and enlightenment.
(c) Freedom from suffering, enlightenment and transcendence.
(d) Body, mind and spirit.
5. How do utilitarians feel about art?
(a) It doesn't have much value.
(b) It is only worthwhile if it is beautiful and functional, as in the case of fine architecture.
(c) It is useful only when it is appreciated by most of society.
(d) It is a necessary diversion for humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
2. How are many visionaries received by others, according to the author?
3. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
4. How does the author describe La Tour as a person?
5. The author states in Appendix 3 that the cinematographic art of the distorted documentary seems to presage the end of what?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)