|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did fireworks re-enter the world of popular entertainment, according to the author?
(a) In the mid-18th century.
(b) During the reign of Elizabeth I.
(c) During the Renaissance.
(d) During the Industrial Revolution.
2. What poet does the author quote in Appendix 5?
3. To what field of science does the author compare the human mind at the beginning of "Heaven and Hell"?
4. What film does the author reference as an example of the distorted documentary?
(a) "The Living Desert."
(b) "The Revolt of Islam."
(c) "NY, NY."
(d) "Queen Mab."
5. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, why do religious devotees participate in practices to atone for their sins?
2. According to the author, at the end of Appendix 1 what is one claim that is made almost universally by visionaries?
3. What chemicals were released into the bloodstream during the act of self-flagellation?
4. What is the potential danger of the second technique described in Appendix 1?
5. What "divine tautology" is expressed by the subjects of great nature art, according to the author?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)