Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe our ancestors' winter diets in Appendix 2?
(a) They ate dried meat and fruit which they stored during the autumn harvest.
(b) They ate no fruit, no vegetables, and very little meat or dairy.
(c) They ate mostly meat and grains, with some fruit and vegetables.
(d) They ate pretty much the same diet they ate during the rest of the year.
2. What topic does the author explore in Appendix 2?
(a) The uncommon accuracy with which most visionaries are able to recall their visions.
(b) The role of visionaries and mystics in the modern Western world.
(c) The personality traits common to most visionaries and mystics.
(d) The availability and safety of various vision-inducing techniques.
3. What film does the author reference as an example of the distorted documentary?
(a) "Queen Mab."
(b) "The Living Desert."
(c) "NY, NY."
(d) "The Revolt of Islam."
4. What poet does the author quote in Appendix 5?
5. Which of these is NOT an example given by the author of great nature art?
(a) Finches in a bush.
(b) A mountain stream seen from the brush.
(c) Eighteen inches of a bamboo stem with its leaves.
(d) A spray of blossoming plum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is striking about the painting of the butcher bird, to which the author refers at the end of Appendix 5?
2. How are many visionaries received by others, according to the author?
3. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
4. What is the drawback to the "visionary arts" mentioned in Appendix 3?
5. Who used to say that when he self-flagellated God would deny him nothing?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)