Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
2. How do utilitarians feel about art?
(a) It is only worthwhile if it is beautiful and functional, as in the case of fine architecture.
(b) It doesn't have much value.
(c) It is a necessary diversion for humanity.
(d) It is useful only when it is appreciated by most of society.
3. What researcher performed experiments with touching parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
4. Why are marble and stone often particularly impressive materials in art?
(a) Because they are so hard to find.
(b) Because the pieces made from them are usually very large.
(c) Because they are more difficult to work with than other media.
(d) Because they last longer than many other pieces of art.
5. What practice has been undertaken by almost all religious aspirants, according to the author?
(b) Bodily mortification.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a specialist who the author feels should be consulted by an aspiring mystic?
2. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
3. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
4. What affects one's ability to have visionary experiences, according to the author, if one is using the first method mentioned in Appendix 1?
5. What is the first of the two methods the author discusses in Appendix 1 for inducing visionary experiences?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)