|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
(a) They have completely ceased to matter to him.
(b) They are more noticeable and pronounced than usual.
(c) They don't seem to matter as much as they usually do.
(d) They are warped and inaccurate.
2. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
(a) The table and chairs in the room.
(b) Some pens and pencils in a cup on his desk.
(c) The books on his shelves.
(d) Three flowers in a vase on the table.
3. What two techniques, according to the author, can produce effects similar to those of mescalin?
(a) Fasting and sensory deprivation.
(b) Hypnosis and fasting.
(c) Fasting and meditation.
(d) Meditation and sensory deprivation.
4. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
(a) It is neither positive nor negative; it just is.
(b) It is positive for him, but he can see where it would be frightening for others.
(c) It is mostly positive, but frightening at times.
(d) It is mostly negative, but the positive parts make it worthwhile.
5. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heaven, according to the author?
2. What is the Dharma-body?
3. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
4. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
5. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)