|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of La Tour's paintings does the author mention by name at the end of Appendix 4?
(c) "Old Man in a Boat."
2. What does the candle light do for La Tour's paintings, according to the author?
(a) Creates a unique way to light and shade the subjects.
(b) Stresses the importance and divinity of something simply existing.
(c) Makes them different from other painter's works, even when the subjects are similar.
(d) Allows La Tour to make the background of his paintings dark, and therefore less detailed.
3. What is the first Gericault painting mentioned by the author in Appendix 7?
(a) "Officier de Chasseurs."
(b) "Horse Startled by Lightning."
(c) "The Derby."
(d) "Raft of the Medusa."
4. Which is NOT an object or work of art that the author references in comparison to the subjects of La Tour's paintings?
(a) Da Vinci's apostles.
(c) Piero's angels.
(d) A Bodhisattva from Khmer.
5. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
(a) One is completely non-toxic, while the other has some lasting side effects.
(b) One involves chemicals, while the other makes use of physics.
(c) One is well-researched, while the other is relatively unknown.
(d) One is costly, while the other is inexpensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 3 about the past?
2. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
3. What poet does the author quote in Appendix 5?
4. According to the author, in what year did the rediscovery of La Tour begin?
5. What topic does the author explore in Appendix 2?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)