|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Holy Week such an effective spiritual practice, according to the author?
(a) Because it worked upon the penitents' feelings of guilt.
(b) Because it was preceded by Lent.
(c) Because the faithful were gathered in large groups for the services.
(d) Because there is vivid and graphic mythology associated with it.
2. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 4 about the relationship between an artist's character and their work?
(a) Only men of great character can create great works of art.
(b) There is no correlation between the two.
(c) You can judge a man's character by looking at his work.
(d) Artists must suffer to produce great work.
3. To whom does the author attribute the concept of Hades, mentioned in Appendix 6?
4. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
5. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
(a) It can alter the subject's mental state without any noticeable side effects.
(b) It alters one's mental state, but often induces anxiety or panic.
(c) It can have serious or even fatal side effects, but only in a very small percentage of people who use it.
(d) It is only safe to use in small doses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which physiological system's tissues are more "vulnerable," according to the author, than the others?
2. What is the highest point of the transformation the author discusses in Appendix 6?
3. What practice has been undertaken by almost all religious aspirants, according to the author?
4. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
5. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 3 about the past?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)