|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author specifically state in Appendix 6 does NOT open the doors of heaven, hell, and limbo?
(a) Spiritual enlightenment.
(c) The presence or absence of certain chemicals in the blood.
(d) "Massy keys of metals twain."
2. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
(a) Use of various sound frequencies.
(b) Use of a stroboscopic lamp.
(c) Use of ambient music.
(d) Use of a repetitive hand movement.
3. Which physiological system's tissues are more "vulnerable," according to the author, than the others?
(a) The limbic system.
(b) The cardiovascular system.
(c) The gastrointestinal system.
(d) The nervous system.
4. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) The way that mescalin is broken down in the body.
(c) An allergy to mescalin.
(d) A negative outlook on life.
5. The author discusses the history of what type of ideas at the end of Appendix 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What development contributed greatly, according to the author, to pageantry and theatrical spectacle?
2. What did Gericault do to his subjects, according to the author?
3. To what sort of life are schizophrenics condemned, according to the author?
4. According to the author, what is an example of Vuillard giving the viewer "the best of both worlds" in his paintings?
5. The author compares schizophrenics to which of Sheol's beings?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)