|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, who might the old man be in the painting by La Tour referenced at the end of Appendix 4?
(a) St. Joseph.
(b) St. Thomas.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) St. Paul.
2. What is Heaven, according to the author?
(a) A concept invented by humanity because of our desperate need for hope.
(b) A fallacy, created by those who misinterpreted visionary experiences.
(c) A vantage point for viewing divinity.
(d) A place of rest and repose, where no one is doing anything.
3. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
(a) An allergy to mescalin.
(b) The way that mescalin is broken down in the body.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) A negative outlook on life.
4. The first painter mentioned in Appendix IV was the appointed artist to the king of what nation?
5. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
(a) They don't seem to matter as much as they usually do.
(b) They are warped and inaccurate.
(c) They have completely ceased to matter to him.
(d) They are more noticeable and pronounced than usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Gericault when he saw the horse that inspired him to paint "Officiers de Chasseurs"?
2. What does the author specifically state in Appendix 6 does NOT open the doors of heaven, hell, and limbo?
3. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 3 about the past?
4. Which of La Tour's paintings does the author mention by name at the end of Appendix 4?
5. According to the author, what is an example of Vuillard giving the viewer "the best of both worlds" in his paintings?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)