|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
2. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
3. Why is the first technique in Appendix 1 even less understood than mescalin use?
(a) It is used by very few people in comparison to mescalin.
(b) No research has been performed to determine its long-term effects.
(c) Its specific effects on the brain are not well understood.
(d) There's a lot of variation in what people see while using this technique.
4. Who used to say that when he self-flagellated God would deny him nothing?
(a) Benedict XVI.
(b) Saint John.
(c) The Cure d'Ars.
(d) The Apostle Paul.
5. How did "pyrotechny" begin in Europe, according to the author?
(a) Alchemists' pursuit of a substance that would transform base metals into gold.
(b) A source of propulsion for machinery and engines.
(c) A pursuit of ever-greater displays for leisure and religion.
(d) Weaponry for sieges and naval battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
2. What researcher performed experiments with touching parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
3. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
4. What was the style of the new Art of Versailles, according to the author?
5. What is the subject of most of La Tour's paintings?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)