|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the drug typically used up until the 1950s?
(a) Recreationally, and in religious ceremonies.
(b) In religious ceremonies.
(c) To sedate those with psychiatric problems.
2. What does the author say about vision-inducing devices and effects at the beginning of Appendix 3?
(a) They have played a greater role in popular entertainment than in fine arts.
(b) They have played a greater role in popular entertainment than in religion.
(c) They have played a greater role in religion than in fine art.
(d) They have played a greater role in fine art than in popular entertainment.
3. Where was Gericault when he saw the horse that inspired him to paint "Officiers de Chasseurs"?
(a) The road to Saint-Cloud.
(b) In a forest in Leeds.
(c) A pasture in the countryside.
(d) The streets of London.
4. What does the author specifically state in Appendix 6 does NOT open the doors of heaven, hell, and limbo?
(a) "Massy keys of metals twain."
(c) The presence or absence of certain chemicals in the blood.
(d) Spiritual enlightenment.
5. Who is mentioned in Appendix 5 as the artist who painted "Dell in Helmingham Park"?
(a) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is the setting of Gericault's painting "The Derby"?
2. How does the author describe our ancestors' winter diets in Appendix 2?
3. What film does the author reference as an example of the distorted documentary?
4. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
5. When did fireworks re-enter the world of popular entertainment, according to the author?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)