|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Appendix 6, what opens the doors of heaven, hell, and limbo for the living?
(a) The presence or absence of certain chemicals in the blood.
(c) Spiritual enlightenment.
(d) "Massy keys of metals twain."
2. According to the author, what is the setting of Gericault's painting "The Derby"?
(a) A small Spanish town.
(b) The Midwest.
3. Who is the first painter mentioned in Appendix IV?
(a) La Tour.
4. In theological terms, the progress the author mentions at the end of Appendix 6 is a transition from what to what?
(a) From Heaven to Hades.
(b) From Hades to Purgatory.
(c) From Purgatory to Heaven.
(d) From Hades to Heaven.
5. Why is the first technique in Appendix 1 even less understood than mescalin use?
(a) Its specific effects on the brain are not well understood.
(b) It is used by very few people in comparison to mescalin.
(c) There's a lot of variation in what people see while using this technique.
(d) No research has been performed to determine its long-term effects.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
2. Which physiological system's tissues are more "vulnerable," according to the author, than the others?
3. According to the author, where do the mentally-ill people discussed at the beginning of Appendix 6 spend their time?
4. Why was Holy Week such an effective spiritual practice, according to the author?
5. From whence does the author believe visionary experiences originate?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)