|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
(a) The subjects experienced a variety of emotions.
(b) The subjects were able to learn new languages and skills more efficiently.
(c) Various parts of the subjects' bodies twitched.
(d) The subjects recalled detailed and distant memories.
2. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
3. What was a magic lantern show?
(a) An early fireworks display.
(b) The nineteenth-century equivalent of a movie.
(c) A laser light display.
(d) A projection created with cut-glass and candlelight.
4. According to the author, which cultures have the best art depicting nature scenes up close?
(a) European and American.
(b) Russian and European.
(c) Chinese and Japanese.
(d) South American and Mexican.
5. What do schizophrenics share with other psychotics, according to the author?
(a) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a lesser extent.
(b) They don't share the same symptoms, but they share the same illness and brain dysfunction.
(c) They share the same symptoms, and the intensity of those symptoms is about equal.
(d) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a greater extent.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
2. Which is NOT a type of progress the author mentions at the end of Appendix 6?
3. Which physiological system's tissues are more "vulnerable," according to the author, than the others?
4. What event was, according to the author, an example of ancient pageantry which was enriched and improved by technological advances?
5. Why do people sometimes leave flowers as a religious offering, according to the author?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)