|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, who might the old man be in the painting by La Tour referenced at the end of Appendix 4?
(a) St. Paul.
(b) St. Joseph.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) St. Thomas.
2. Which is NOT a type of progress the author mentions at the end of Appendix 6?
3. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
(a) Meditation and drugs.
(b) Drugs and hypnosis.
(c) Drugs and fasting.
(d) Fasting and meditation.
4. Which is NOT a practice that mimics the effects which result from the first technique described in Appendix 1?
(d) Yogic breathing.
5. What is the political purpose of regalia and pageantry, according to the author?
(a) To impress the lower-class subjects.
(b) To express individuality and taste.
(c) To prove one's worth as a leader.
(d) To impress other aristocrats and politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
2. What was the subject of the Delacroix painting the author mentions in Appendix 5?
3. The author discusses the history of what type of ideas at the end of Appendix 6?
4. What film does the author reference as an example of the distorted documentary?
5. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)