|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
(a) It doesn't matter to him at all.
(b) His perception of time is unchanged.
(c) He feels that time speeds up at times, and slows down at others.
(d) He is keenly aware of, and saddened by, each passing second.
2. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
3. What is Heaven, according to the author?
(a) A concept invented by humanity because of our desperate need for hope.
(b) A vantage point for viewing divinity.
(c) A place of rest and repose, where no one is doing anything.
(d) A fallacy, created by those who misinterpreted visionary experiences.
4. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
5. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
(a) They appear as movement trails and waves.
(b) They appear in geometric shapes, such as buildings or mosaics.
(c) They appear in soft, rounded shapes, such as balls or orbs.
(d) They appear in natural patterns and tessellations.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
2. What discovery was made about the substance being tested in the early 1950s?
3. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
4. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
5. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)