|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
(a) A tree.
(b) A bush.
(c) A flower.
(d) A cactus.
2. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
(a) The subjects were able to learn new languages and skills more efficiently.
(b) The subjects recalled detailed and distant memories.
(c) Various parts of the subjects' bodies twitched.
(d) The subjects experienced a variety of emotions.
3. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
4. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
(a) Solitary, but sometimes focused on others.
(b) Solitary, but not introspective.
(c) Introspective and solitary.
(d) Introspective, but group-oriented.
5. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
(a) The second was originally a journal entry, and the author didn't intend to publish it.
(b) The second essay has a darker, more sinister tone than the first.
(c) The second doesn't recount any specific experience.
(d) The second was written before the author's experimentation with drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
2. What is the first of the two methods the author discusses in Appendix 1 for inducing visionary experiences?
3. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
4. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
5. What is Heaven, according to the author?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)