|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
(a) His perception of time is unchanged.
(b) He feels that time speeds up at times, and slows down at others.
(c) It doesn't matter to him at all.
(d) He is keenly aware of, and saddened by, each passing second.
2. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
3. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Northeast.
(b) The Midwest.
(c) The Southeast.
(d) The Southwest.
4. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
(a) The rarity of negative side effects in users.
(b) A marked increase in the subject's ability to see things with their eyes closed.
(c) Subjects perceiving that they are able to communicate with a higher power.
(d) The cheapness and availability of the substance used.
5. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What discovery was made about the substance being tested in the early 1950s?
2. Which of these is NOT a vision which the author thinks might be produced by prodding the brain with an electrode?
3. From whence does the author believe visionary experiences originate?
4. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
5. According to the author, at the end of Appendix 1 what is one claim that is made almost universally by visionaries?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)