|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
(a) Stained glass.
2. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
(a) Solitary, but not introspective.
(b) Introspective and solitary.
(c) Introspective, but group-oriented.
(d) Solitary, but sometimes focused on others.
3. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
(a) The table and chairs in the room.
(b) Some pens and pencils in a cup on his desk.
(c) Three flowers in a vase on the table.
(d) The books on his shelves.
4. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
5. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The Northeast.
(c) The Southeast.
(d) The Southwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what field of science does the author compare the human mind at the beginning of "Heaven and Hell"?
2. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
3. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
4. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
5. How do utilitarians feel about art?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)