|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Southwest.
(b) The Southeast.
(c) The Northeast.
(d) The Midwest.
2. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
(a) The subjects recalled detailed and distant memories.
(b) The subjects were able to learn new languages and skills more efficiently.
(c) The subjects experienced a variety of emotions.
(d) Various parts of the subjects' bodies twitched.
3. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
(a) Use of various sound frequencies.
(b) Use of a repetitive hand movement.
(c) Use of ambient music.
(d) Use of a stroboscopic lamp.
4. What does the author wonder about the neurological patterns produced during visionary experiences at the end of Appendix 1?
(a) Why people are so fond of experiencing these patterns.
(b) What happens to these patterns when the experience is over.
(c) How the experiencer's brain is affected by the experience.
(d) How these patterns can be reproduced at the user's will.
5. Why is the first technique in Appendix 1 even less understood than mescalin use?
(a) It is used by very few people in comparison to mescalin.
(b) Its specific effects on the brain are not well understood.
(c) There's a lot of variation in what people see while using this technique.
(d) No research has been performed to determine its long-term effects.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
2. What affects one's ability to have visionary experiences, according to the author, if one is using the first method mentioned in Appendix 1?
3. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
4. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
5. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)