|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the experiment take place?
2. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
(a) The subjects recalled detailed and distant memories.
(b) Various parts of the subjects' bodies twitched.
(c) The subjects were able to learn new languages and skills more efficiently.
(d) The subjects experienced a variety of emotions.
3. According to the author, what did one subject see while under the effects of mescalin and the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) A Japanese landscape.
(b) A vision of Heaven.
(c) A vision of Hell.
(d) A phoenix of undulating rainbow colors.
4. What does the author wonder about the neurological patterns produced during visionary experiences at the end of Appendix 1?
(a) How the experiencer's brain is affected by the experience.
(b) Why people are so fond of experiencing these patterns.
(c) How these patterns can be reproduced at the user's will.
(d) What happens to these patterns when the experience is over.
5. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
(a) It doesn't matter to him at all.
(b) He is keenly aware of, and saddened by, each passing second.
(c) He feels that time speeds up at times, and slows down at others.
(d) His perception of time is unchanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
2. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
3. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
4. What is the Dharma-body?
5. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)