|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Southwest.
(b) The Northeast.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The Southeast.
2. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
(a) The second doesn't recount any specific experience.
(b) The second was originally a journal entry, and the author didn't intend to publish it.
(c) The second was written before the author's experimentation with drugs.
(d) The second essay has a darker, more sinister tone than the first.
3. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
(a) A flower.
(b) A bush.
(c) A cactus.
(d) A tree.
4. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) An allergy to mescalin.
(c) A negative outlook on life.
(d) The way that mescalin is broken down in the body.
5. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
(a) It offers another way for people to achieve the same results that they would get with drugs.
(b) It gets psychiatrists another step closer to understanding how hypnotism works.
(c) It demonstrates the suggestibility of humans.
(d) It shows the power that art has over the human mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of the two methods the author discusses in Appendix 1 for inducing visionary experiences?
2. What is the Dharma-body?
3. Which is NOT a practice that mimics the effects which result from the first technique described in Appendix 1?
4. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
5. To what field of science does the author compare the human mind at the beginning of "Heaven and Hell"?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)