|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
2. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
(a) They appear in soft, rounded shapes, such as balls or orbs.
(b) They appear as movement trails and waves.
(c) They appear in geometric shapes, such as buildings or mosaics.
(d) They appear in natural patterns and tessellations.
3. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
4. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
(a) It affects the brain's enzymes and absorption of glucose.
(b) It blocks the brain's ability to filter sensory input.
(c) It affects the user's ability to react appropriately to potentially dangerous situations.
(d) It makes users unable to recognize or remember familiar people, places and objects.
5. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
(a) It doesn't matter to him at all.
(b) His perception of time is unchanged.
(c) He feels that time speeds up at times, and slows down at others.
(d) He is keenly aware of, and saddened by, each passing second.
Short Answer Questions
1. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
2. From whence does the author believe visionary experiences originate?
3. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
4. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
5. What is the potential danger of the second technique described in Appendix 1?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)