|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two techniques, according to the author, can produce effects similar to those of mescalin?
(a) Fasting and meditation.
(b) Meditation and sensory deprivation.
(c) Hypnosis and fasting.
(d) Fasting and sensory deprivation.
2. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
(b) Multiple personality disorder.
(c) Post-traumatic stress disorder.
(d) Attention deficit disorder.
3. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) 1 in 25.
(b) 1 in 100.
(c) 1 in 70.
(d) 1 in 80.
4. To what field of science does the author compare the human mind at the beginning of "Heaven and Hell"?
5. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author wonder about the neurological patterns produced during visionary experiences at the end of Appendix 1?
2. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
3. What discovery was made about the substance being tested in the early 1950s?
4. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
5. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)