|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
(a) Drugs and hypnosis.
(b) Drugs and fasting.
(c) Meditation and drugs.
(d) Fasting and meditation.
2. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
(c) Angel dust.
3. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) 1 in 25.
(b) 1 in 80.
(c) 1 in 70.
(d) 1 in 100.
4. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
(a) It is positive for him, but he can see where it would be frightening for others.
(b) It is neither positive nor negative; it just is.
(c) It is mostly positive, but frightening at times.
(d) It is mostly negative, but the positive parts make it worthwhile.
5. To what field of science does the author compare the human mind at the beginning of "Heaven and Hell"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are marble and stone often particularly impressive materials in art?
2. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
3. Why do people sometimes leave flowers as a religious offering, according to the author?
4. What researcher performed experiments with touching parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
5. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)