|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
(a) An allergy to mescalin.
(b) The way that mescalin is broken down in the body.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) A negative outlook on life.
2. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
(b) Multiple personality disorder.
(c) Attention deficit disorder.
(d) Post-traumatic stress disorder.
3. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) 1 in 70.
(b) 1 in 80.
(c) 1 in 25.
(d) 1 in 100.
4. What is the potential danger of the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) It may last longer than the user originally intended.
(b) It may produce long-term changes in brain function.
(c) It may cause an epileptic seizure.
(d) It may create an unpleasant sensation of nausea or vertigo.
5. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
(a) It alters one's mental state, but often induces anxiety or panic.
(b) It can have serious or even fatal side effects, but only in a very small percentage of people who use it.
(c) It is only safe to use in small doses.
(d) It can alter the subject's mental state without any noticeable side effects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
2. What happens when mescalin or LSD is used in conjunction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
3. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
4. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
5. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)