|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
2. Which is NOT a practice that mimics the effects which result from the first technique described in Appendix 1?
(d) Yogic breathing.
3. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
(a) A flower.
(b) A bush.
(c) A cactus.
(d) A tree.
4. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
(a) It is positive for him, but he can see where it would be frightening for others.
(b) It is neither positive nor negative; it just is.
(c) It is mostly positive, but frightening at times.
(d) It is mostly negative, but the positive parts make it worthwhile.
5. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) 1 in 100.
(b) 1 in 25.
(c) 1 in 80.
(d) 1 in 70.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a vision which the author thinks might be produced by prodding the brain with an electrode?
2. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
3. What is Heaven, according to the author?
4. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
5. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)