|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
(a) A cactus.
(b) A bush.
(c) A tree.
(d) A flower.
2. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
(d) Angel dust.
3. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
4. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
(b) Attention deficit disorder.
(c) Multiple personality disorder.
(d) Post-traumatic stress disorder.
5. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what field of science does the author compare the human mind at the beginning of "Heaven and Hell"?
2. According to the author, why do religious devotees participate in practices to atone for their sins?
3. What is the first of the two methods the author discusses in Appendix 1 for inducing visionary experiences?
4. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
5. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)