|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temperature when Goodwin gets up for the day in Chapter 14?
2. Where is the school located where Sarah Dacos said that she attended a lecture on November 20?
3. In Chapter 14, where does Goodwin go after leaving Cramer's office?
4. What do actors Jarvis and Kirby get as a bonus for their roles in Wolfe's plan to deal with the FBI?
5. What does Wolfe want Wragg to bring him if Wolfe calls him and asks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Goodwin spot his FBI tails?
2. How did Sarah learn about Morris Althaus's murder?
3. Why does Wolfe tell Mrs. Bruner to send Sarah Dacos home?
4. Why does Goodwin go out to look at the car at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. How do Goodwin, Wolfe and the others spend the evening after the FBI broke into the brownstone?
6. In Chapter 11, what are Goodwin's activities on Wednesday morning?
7. How does Goodwin introduce Panzer, Durkin, and Cather to Mrs. Bruner?
8. Why are Wolfe and Goodwin arguing about the itemization of the expenses for Mrs. Bruner's bills?
9. Why doesn't Wolfe want Goodwin asking questions about Sarah Dacos's whereabouts on the night of November 20?
10. Where does Mrs. Bruner stand so she can see the interview with Agent Wagg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the novel, compare and contrast the role of food in Wolfe's and Goodwin's lives.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wolfe's relationship with Ruckerman's and why he can use the restaurant as a second office. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the meal at Rusterman's should or should not be listed on Mrs. Bruner's bill. Use arguments from the book that Wolfe or Goodwin used.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)