|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many evenings pass after the affair with Wragg and Cramer before Wolfe and Goodwin itemize the expenses for Mrs. Bruner's bill?
2. Where in Sarah's apartment does Goodwin find a gun?
3. What time does Goodwin get up the Friday morning after Wolfe confiscates the FBI agents' credentials?
4. Who is helping to pay for Sarah Dacos's lawyer?
5. Where is Goodwin going Saturday night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discussion do Goodwin and Wolfe have all day and evening Monday and Tuesday?
2. What are Goodwin's thoughts before going to sleep the night before the dinner?
3. Why does Wolfe tell Mrs. Bruner to send Sarah Dacos home?
4. What does Sarah tell Wolfe that she did when she got home the evening of November 20?
5. How does Goodwin spot his FBI tails?
6. What does Felix want to discuss with Wolfe on Friday night?
7. How does Goodwin introduce Panzer, Durkin, and Cather to Mrs. Bruner?
8. Where does Mrs. Bruner stand so she can see the interview with Agent Wagg?
9. Why does Wolfe want Panzer, Cather, and Durkin to spend the night after the FBI break into the brownstone?
10. How does Goodwin get a key to Althaus's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Goodwin feels obligated to help Cramer with the murder investigation. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Wolfe's and Goodwin's relationship using examples from The Doorbell Rang.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the novel, compare and contrast the role of food in Wolfe's and Goodwin's lives.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)