|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters did Mrs. Bruner receive thanking her for sending the book The FBI Nobody Knows?
2. What do actors Jarvis and Kirby get as a bonus for their roles in Wolfe's plan to deal with the FBI?
3. What type of gun does Goodwin find in Sarah's apartment?
4. Where does Goodwin say he spent his boyhood?
5. How many actors does Hewitt hire?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what is in the orchid boxes that are delivered on Wednesday afternoon?
2. What are two reasons why Goodwin thinks he has to do something about the murder?
3. Does Goodwin think Sarah lied when she talked about the men she saw on the night of Althaus's murder?
4. Why did the group Ten for Aristology need to keep their fingers crossed according to an article in the newspaper?
5. How does Goodwin spot his FBI tails?
6. What information does Goodwin forget to ask Mrs. Bruner regarding their conversation about Sarah Dacos?
7. How long might Wolfe be able to avoid taking another case if he gets enough money from Mrs. Bruner?
8. Why does Goodwin go out to look at the car at the beginning of Chapter 13?
9. Where does Mrs. Bruner stand so she can see the interview with Agent Wagg?
10. Why does Wolfe want Panzer, Cather, and Durkin to spend the night after the FBI break into the brownstone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Goodwin's relationships with women in the novel. Do these relationships help or hinder his investigation? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the climax of the novel and how it solves the problems that are presented.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the author makes it seem probable that someone could take on the FBI and win. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)