|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Sarah say that she and Althaus might go out to dinner?
2. What type of gun does Goodwin find in Sarah's apartment?
3. What does Goodwin tell Fritz to do now that the FBI is not watching the house?
4. When did Sarah tell Mrs. Bruner that she thought the men who were at Althaus's apartment were FBI?
5. After the actor left to get the car before the dinner Thursday evening, how long does it take for him to drive to the brownstone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Goodwin and the others have for lunch on the Thursday before the dinner?
2. How did Sarah learn about Morris Althaus's murder?
3. How long might Wolfe be able to avoid taking another case if he gets enough money from Mrs. Bruner?
4. In Chapter 11, what are Goodwin's activities on Wednesday morning?
5. Why did the group Ten for Aristology need to keep their fingers crossed according to an article in the newspaper?
6. Why does Goodwin go out to look at the car at the beginning of Chapter 13?
7. Why does Wolfe tell Mrs. Bruner to send Sarah Dacos home?
8. What does Fritz say about the dinner at Hewitt's?
9. What are two reasons why Goodwin thinks he has to do something about the murder?
10. What does Felix want to discuss with Wolfe on Friday night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Goodwin feels obligated to help Cramer with the murder investigation. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the maneuvers that Goodwin and others use to detect and prevent surveillance by the FBI. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the climax of the novel and how it solves the problems that are presented.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)