|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Morris Althaus?
2. Where is Goodwin to meet an unidentified man at 11:30 on Thursday morning?
3. What time did Mrs. Bruner arrive at Wolfe's?
4. How much money does Goodwin take out of the safe when he goes to meet an unidentified man at 11:30 on Thursday morning?
5. What color are the drapes that cover the windows in the apartment where Althaus lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Dr. Vollmer give to Goodwin on Thursday morning?
2. What did David Althaus do for a living?
3. What does Goodwin see when he escorts Mrs. Bruner to her car?
4. What does Sarah Dacos tell Goodwin about man she suspects is following her?
5. What opinions does Goodwin have about the information he obtained Wednesday when he reports to Wolfe?
6. To whom did Mrs. Bruner send copies of the book The FBI Nobody Knows?
7. How does Goodwin describe Cohen?
8. Why does Goodwin walk after the meeting with Cramer at the hotel?
9. What does Goodwin tell Fritz that circumspect means?
10. What do Wolfe, Cohen, and Goodwin talk about over dinner in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the event that is the inciting force in the novel and how the author uses it to advance the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Marian Hinckley and Sarah Dacos and their relationship with Morris Althaus. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Goodwin feels obligated to help Cramer with the murder investigation. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)