|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large of a budget does Goodwin say that the FBI has?
2. What is Timothy Quayle's position at "Tick-Tock"?
3. How many hours each morning does Wolfe spend tending his orchids?
4. What is Fritz making Wednesday evening?
5. What one word would Goodwin use to describe the thought of Wolfe accepting the job to tackle the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Goodwin describe Cohen?
2. Why does Inspector Cramer want to meet with Goodwin on Thursday morning?
3. Why doesn't Goodwin have to worry about tails when he begins his investigation of the murder of Morris Althaus?
4. What does Goodwin see when he escorts Mrs. Bruner to her car?
5. Why does Goodwin take Wolfe down to the basement on Thursday after lunch?
6. What does Fritz want Goodwin to tell him at breakfast on Wednesday morning?
7. What message does Dr. Vollmer give to Goodwin on Thursday morning?
8. What does Mrs. Bruner want Wolfe to do for her?
9. What did David Althaus do for a living?
10. What does Cohen say about getting a list of jobs that the FBI are working on in and around New York City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether the author makes it seem probable that someone could take on the FBI and win. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Cramer's relationship with Wolfe and Goodwin and why he decides to involve them in the murder investigation.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the novel, compare and contrast the role of food in Wolfe's and Goodwin's lives.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)