|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Goodwin tell Wragg to meet with Wolfe on Friday morning after the break in?
(a) 11 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 11:30 a.m.
2. Who is helping to pay for Sarah Dacos's lawyer?
(a) Mrs. Bruner.
(b) Her parents.
3. What time does Goodwin arrange to meet with Mrs. David Althaus on Friday?
(a) 4:30 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 5:30 p.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
4. When was the last time that the Ten for Aristology group met for a dinner?
(a) April 1, 1958.
(b) May 12, 1959.
(c) March 12, 1961.
(d) January 15, 1960.
5. In Chapter 11, since Wednesday's lunch was going to be late, what does Goodwin have for a snack?
(b) A few crackers.
(c) Some carrots.
(d) Half a sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did the cleaning lady come to Sarah's door on November 21?
2. What do actors Jarvis and Kirby get as a bonus for their roles in Wolfe's plan to deal with the FBI?
3. Where in Sarah's apartment does Goodwin find a gun?
4. In Chapter 14, where does Goodwin go after leaving Cramer's office?
5. How many floors are in Sarah's apartment building?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Goodwin, Wolfe and the others spend the evening after the FBI broke into the brownstone?
2. Why doesn't Wolfe want Goodwin asking questions about Sarah Dacos's whereabouts on the night of November 20?
3. What does Fritz say about the dinner at Hewitt's?
4. Why does Wolfe want Panzer, Cather, and Durkin to spend the night after the FBI break into the brownstone?
5. Why are Wolfe and Goodwin arguing about the itemization of the expenses for Mrs. Bruner's bills?
6. Describe Frank Odell.
7. In Chapter 11, what is in the orchid boxes that are delivered on Wednesday afternoon?
8. Does Goodwin think Sarah lied when she talked about the men she saw on the night of Althaus's murder?
9. What are two reasons why Goodwin thinks he has to do something about the murder?
10. What does Sarah tell Wolfe that she did when she got home the evening of November 20?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)