|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which bank does Goodwin take the FBI agents' credentials?
(a) Bank of America.
(b) Lincoln Savings Bank.
(c) Bank of New York.
(d) Continental Bank and Trust.
2. What do Wolfe and Goodwin eat on Friday night at Rusterman's?
3. In Chapter 8, how long has it been since Goodwin had his picture in the paper?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 14 months.
(d) 12 months.
4. What time does Hewitt promise to have orchids delivered to Wolfe?
(a) Noon Wednesday.
(b) 2 p.m. Wednesday.
(c) 3 p.m. Wednesday.
(d) 1 p.m. Wednesday.
5. In Chapter 14, how long does Goodwin say that Cramer's office had to work on Althaus's murder?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 1 1/2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time Sarah spoke to Althaus before the murder?
2. How much do Durkin and Cather receive for their two days work?
3. How much of the unfinished novel that Goodwin finds at Althaus's apartment does he read?
4. What time does Goodwin go to Althaus's apartment Saturday morning?
5. How many evenings pass after the affair with Wragg and Cramer before Wolfe and Goodwin itemize the expenses for Mrs. Bruner's bill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah Dacos tell Mrs. Bruner about the night that Morris Althaus died?
2. What discussion do Goodwin and Wolfe have all day and evening Monday and Tuesday?
3. Why did the group Ten for Aristology need to keep their fingers crossed according to an article in the newspaper?
4. How does Goodwin introduce Panzer, Durkin, and Cather to Mrs. Bruner?
5. Why does Wolfe tell Mrs. Bruner to send Sarah Dacos home?
6. What are two reasons why Goodwin thinks he has to do something about the murder?
7. What are Goodwin's thoughts before going to sleep the night before the dinner?
8. How does Goodwin get a key to Althaus's apartment?
9. What does Sarah tell Wolfe that she did when she got home the evening of November 20?
10. Why does Goodwin go out to look at the car at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)