|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Sarah's apartment does Goodwin find a gun?
(a) In a kitchen drawer.
(b) In a hatbox.
(c) In the sofa.
(d) In a suitcase.
2. If Wragg believed that an agent had killed Althaus, what were the odds agents would come to the brownstone when it seemed to be empty?
(a) 20 to 1.
(b) 20 to 5.
(c) 10 to 1.
(d) 50 to 1.
3. When was the last time Sarah spoke to Althaus before the murder?
(a) The day before.
(b) 4 days before.
(c) 2 days before.
(d) 3 days before.
4. In Chapter 12, how many times does Goodwin say he left the house after the delivery on Wednesday?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
5. Who died at the last dinner for the Ten for Aristology?
(a) Vincent Pyle.
(b) James Wilson.
(c) Wyatt Irving.
(d) Mason Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cramer's office located?
2. What does Wolfe want Wragg to bring him if Wolfe calls him and asks?
3. How many hours of sleep does Goodwin prefer to get?
4. How many evenings pass after the affair with Wragg and Cramer before Wolfe and Goodwin itemize the expenses for Mrs. Bruner's bill?
5. What do actors Jarvis and Kirby get as a bonus for their roles in Wolfe's plan to deal with the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Wolfe want Goodwin asking questions about Sarah Dacos's whereabouts on the night of November 20?
2. What do Goodwin and the others have for lunch on the Thursday before the dinner?
3. Describe Frank Odell.
4. What are Goodwin's thoughts before going to sleep the night before the dinner?
5. How do Goodwin, Wolfe and the others spend the evening after the FBI broke into the brownstone?
6. Why does Wolfe tell Mrs. Bruner to send Sarah Dacos home?
7. How long might Wolfe be able to avoid taking another case if he gets enough money from Mrs. Bruner?
8. What does Sarah Dacos tell Mrs. Bruner about the night that Morris Althaus died?
9. Why does Goodwin never join Wolfe if he is in the middle of a meal?
10. Where does Mrs. Bruner stand so she can see the interview with Agent Wagg?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)