|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street does Goodwin cross to and then turn south after meeting with Cramer?
(a) 8th Ave.
(b) 6th Ave.
(c) 9th Ave.
(d) Park Ave.
2. Where will Goodwin's first stop be as he attempts to learn who murdered Althaus?
(a) The Tick-Tock.
(b) The Journal.
(c) Mrs. Althaus's apartment.
3. How much money does Mrs. Bruner want to give Wolfe for a retainer at first?
4. What did Mrs. Bruner include when she sent copies of The FBI Nobody Knows to people?
(a) A pre-printed memo.
(b) A letter.
(c) Her business card.
(d) Her personal card.
5. Where is Wolfe's home and office?
(a) North 40th St.
(b) South 29th St.
(c) East 50th St.
(d) West 35th St.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Timothy Quayle's position at "Tick-Tock"?
2. How many people does Mrs. Bruner say voted for Goldwater?
3. Where is Mrs. Bruner to go if she gets a message by phone or some other means from Goodwin or Wolfe?
4. How many copies did a man Cohen know buy for Christmas presents?
5. Who is sitting in the red leather chair on at the Thursday 9 p.m. meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opinions does Goodwin have about the information he obtained Wednesday when he reports to Wolfe?
2. Who went to jail because of an article that Morris Althaus wrote and why?
3. Why does Wolfe consider helping Mrs. Bruner?
4. To whom did Mrs. Bruner send copies of the book The FBI Nobody Knows?
5. Is Mrs. Althaus surprised to learn that it may have been the FBI who murdered her son?
6. What does Goodwin say would happen if they take on the FBI?
7. Why does Goodwin take Wolfe down to the basement on Thursday after lunch?
8. What did Goodwin say when he called Mrs. Althaus to get her to the phone?
9. Why does Inspector Cramer want to meet with Goodwin on Thursday morning?
10. What does Mrs. Bruner look like when she came to see Wolfe?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)