|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Bruner to go if she gets a message by phone or some other means from Goodwin or Wolfe?
(a) Her office.
(b) Manhattan Hotel.
(c) Her bank.
(d) Churchill Hotel.
2. What time does Goodwin go into the kitchen to find Wolfe for the meeting with Althaus's family and associates?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 9:10 p.m.
(c) 8:50 p.m.
(d) 9:00 p.m.
3. When Wolfe and Goodwin have dinner with Cohen, what is the beef braised in?
(a) Cream sauce.
(b) Red wine.
(c) White wine.
(d) Mushroom sauce.
4. How long do Wolfe, Goodwin, and Cohen spend over dinner?
(a) 1 ½ hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) About an hour.
(d) About 40 minutes.
5. What is the avocado served with at the dinner that Wolfe and Goodwin have with Cohen?
(a) Chopped pecans and watercress.
(b) Black walnut kernels and watercress.
(c) Slivered almonds and watercress.
(d) Chopped macadamia nuts and watercress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How heavy is Wolfe?
2. How many of the cases that Cohen gave Goodwin and Wolfe that the FBI might be working on were hopeless.
3. How old is the cognac that Wolfe, Cohen, and Godwin are drinking?
4. When did Mrs. Bruner's secretary call for an appointment at Wolfe's?
5. What is Timothy Quayle's position at "Tick-Tock"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wolfe consider helping Mrs. Bruner?
2. Why doesn't Mrs. Bruner want to sign the letter authorizing Wolfe to work for her?
3. What reasons does Wolfe give for wanting to prove that the FBI murdered Morris Althaus?
4. Why does Goodwin take Wolfe down to the basement on Thursday after lunch?
5. What message does Dr. Vollmer give to Goodwin on Thursday morning?
6. What three alternatives does Wolfe say that he and Goodwin should consider regarding the murder?
7. What are Fritz's living quarters like?
8. What would Goodwin tell Wolfe if he decided to take Mrs. Bruner's job?
9. What do Goodwin and Dr. Vollmer agree that Dr. Vollmer should use as an excuse for why he stopped by on Thursday morning?
10. What does Mrs. Bruner look like when she came to see Wolfe?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)