|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wolfe and Goodwin have dinner with Cohen, what were the clam cakes served with?
(a) Alfredo sauce.
(b) Chili sauce.
(c) Lemon sauce.
2. What time did Mrs. Bruner arrive at Wolfe's?
(a) A little after 6.
(b) Before 7.
(c) Around 5.
(d) After 3.
3. About how long has Sarah Dacos been Mrs. Bruner's secretary?
(a) About 4 years.
(b) About 3 years.
(c) Nearly 2 years.
(d) Almost 5 years.
4. How many copies of the book The FBI Nobody Knows sold before Mrs. Bruner bought copies?
(b) Less than 20,000.
(c) Around 50,000.
(d) About 5,000.
5. What could Goodwin have had for supper when he came back to the brownstone on Wednesday night?
(a) Broiled lamb chops.
(b) Beef and snow peas.
(c) Lemon-spiked seafood.
(d) Curried duck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Inspector Cramer been a cop?
2. Where is Goodwin to meet an unidentified man at 11:30 on Thursday morning?
3. How many notebook pages does Goodwin fill from the information Cohen gives?
4. What time does Goodwin arrive back at the brownstone on Wednesday night?
5. What street does Goodwin cross to and then turn south after meeting with Cramer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah Dacos tell Goodwin about man she suspects is following her?
2. What reasons does Wolfe give for wanting to prove that the FBI murdered Morris Althaus?
3. Why does Inspector Cramer want to meet with Goodwin on Thursday morning?
4. What does Goodwin say would happen if they take on the FBI?
5. Why does Goodwin take Wolfe down to the basement on Thursday after lunch?
6. Why does Wolfe decide that they will no longer try to evade any listening devices the FBI may have placed in the house?
7. Is Mrs. Althaus surprised to learn that it may have been the FBI who murdered her son?
8. Why doesn't Mrs. Bruner want to sign the letter authorizing Wolfe to work for her?
9. What three alternatives does Wolfe say that he and Goodwin should consider regarding the murder?
10. Why doesn't Goodwin have to worry about tails when he begins his investigation of the murder of Morris Althaus?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)