|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David Althaus do?
(a) Owns restaurants.
(b) Deals in real estate ventures.
(d) Makes clothes for women.
2. What is Timothy Quayle's position at "Tick-Tock"?
(a) Executive Editor.
(b) Assistant editor.
(d) Senior editor.
3. How many copies did a man Cohen know buy for Christmas presents?
4. How much money did Althaus earn from his writing yearly?
(a) Around $10,000.
(b) Around $5,000.
(c) Around $8,000.
(d) Around $7,000.
5. How many copies of the book The FBI Nobody Knows did Mrs. Bruner send out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Wolfe's home and office?
2. How long has Inspector Cramer been a cop?
3. How long is Al Goller to wait in his taxi for Goodwin when he drops him off at Evers Electronics?
4. How old is Sarah Dacos?
5. How many hours each morning does Wolfe spend tending his orchids?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goodwin say would happen if they take on the FBI?
2. Who went to jail because of an article that Morris Althaus wrote and why?
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Bruner want to sign the letter authorizing Wolfe to work for her?
4. What did Goodwin say when he called Mrs. Althaus to get her to the phone?
5. What does Fritz want Goodwin to tell him at breakfast on Wednesday morning?
6. Why doesn't Goodwin have to worry about tails when he begins his investigation of the murder of Morris Althaus?
7. Why does Goodwin take Wolfe down to the basement on Thursday after lunch?
8. What reasons does Wolfe give for wanting to prove that the FBI murdered Morris Althaus?
9. What opinions does Goodwin have about the information he obtained Wednesday when he reports to Wolfe?
10. Is Mrs. Althaus surprised to learn that it may have been the FBI who murdered her son?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)