|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Bruner to go if she gets a message by phone or some other means from Goodwin or Wolfe?
(a) Her bank.
(b) Manhattan Hotel.
(c) Her office.
(d) Churchill Hotel.
2. What time does Goodwin leave the hotel after meeting with Cramer?
(a) 11:20 p.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 12:45 p.m.
(d) 12:20 p.m.
3. Where does David Althaus work?
(a) Off 12th Ave.
(b) Off 7th Ave.
(c) Off 5th Ave.
(d) Off 18th Ave.
4. What does David Althaus do?
(a) Owns restaurants.
(b) Makes clothes for women.
(d) Deals in real estate ventures.
5. What is Timothy Quayle's position at "Tick-Tock"?
(b) Executive Editor.
(c) Assistant editor.
(d) Senior editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many minutes does Goodwin give Quayle when he agrees to be nice and speak politely?
2. Where will Goodwin's first stop be as he attempts to learn who murdered Althaus?
3. What are many of the houses made of on Arbor Street?
4. What is the amount on the check that Mrs. Bruner writes?
5. What is Fritz making Wednesday evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opinions does Goodwin have about the information he obtained Wednesday when he reports to Wolfe?
2. What does Wolfe decide they have to do after he hears about the meeting with Cramer?
3. What would Goodwin tell Wolfe if he decided to take Mrs. Bruner's job?
4. What are Fritz's living quarters like?
5. Why does Goodwin take Wolfe down to the basement on Thursday after lunch?
6. What message does Dr. Vollmer give to Goodwin on Thursday morning?
7. In Chapter 2, what is served for dinner?
8. What reasons does Wolfe give for wanting to prove that the FBI murdered Morris Althaus?
9. What does Sarah Dacos tell Goodwin about man she suspects is following her?
10. What did David Althaus do for a living?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)