|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Odells are in the phone books when Goodwin searches?
(a) About 200.
(b) More than 100.
(c) About 50.
(d) About 175.
2. How many eggs do Goodwin, Panzer, Durkin, and Cather eat for breakfast the morning Wagg is coming to the brownstone?
3. How many floors are in Sarah's apartment building?
4. What time does Goodwin get back to the brownstone Saturday afternoon?
(a) Five minutes after one.
(b) Five minutes to two.
(d) Half past one.
5. What time does Theodore Horstmann leave on Thursday before the dinner?
(a) 2:45 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 3:45 p.m.
(d) 4:45 p.m.
6. What time does Goodwin get up the Friday morning after Wolfe confiscates the FBI agents' credentials?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 7:45 a.m.
(c) 6:45 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
7. What do Wolfe and Goodwin eat on Friday night at Rusterman's?
8. When the FBI men broke into the brownstone on Thursday night, how many seconds did they listen before walking down the hall?
(a) 15 seconds.
(b) 45 seconds.
(c) 5 seconds.
(d) 30 seconds.
9. What time does Goodwin meet Mrs. Bruner for lunch on Friday?
(a) 11:00 a.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 11:30 a.m.
(d) 12:30 p.m.
10. On Wednesday evening before the dinner, who sleeps in Goodwin's room?
(a) Durkin and Cather.
11. How much of the unfinished novel that Goodwin finds at Althaus's apartment does he read?
(a) 1 1/2 pages.
(b) 3 pages.
(c) 4 1/2 pages.
(d) 12 pages.
12. In Chapter 14, how long does Goodwin say that Cramer's office had to work on Althaus's murder?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 1 1/2 months.
13. How many days and nights is Goodwin bothered before he decides to do something about the murder?
14. When did Sarah tell Mrs. Bruner that she thought the men who were at Althaus's apartment were FBI?
(a) Thursday after the murder.
(b) Monday after the murder.
(c) Wednesday after the murder.
(d) Tuesday after the murder.
15. When was the last time Sarah spoke to Althaus before the murder?
(a) 4 days before.
(b) 2 days before.
(c) 3 days before.
(d) The day before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Wolfe arrive at Rusterman's on Friday evening?
2. What time does Goodwin ride the subway on Friday?
3. What does Wolfe want Wragg to bring him if Wolfe calls him and asks?
4. Where in Sarah's apartment does Goodwin find a gun?
5. What time did the cleaning lady come to Sarah's door on November 21?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)