|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Wednesday evening before the dinner, who sleeps in Goodwin's room?
(b) Durkin and Cather.
2. How old is Richard Wragg?
3. When was the last time that Sarah had dinner with Althaus?
(b) The first of November.
4. When was the last time Sarah spoke to Althaus before the murder?
(a) The day before.
(b) 3 days before.
(c) 4 days before.
(d) 2 days before.
5. What time does Goodwin get up the Friday morning after Wolfe confiscates the FBI agents' credentials?
(a) 6:45 a.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 7:45 a.m.
6. How many actors does Hewitt hire?
7. On Thursday after the FBI men break in, what time does Wragg call?
(a) At 11:30.
(b) Around midnight.
(c) Around 10:30.
(d) A little after 11.
8. In Chapter 8, how long has it been since Goodwin had his picture in the paper?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 14 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 months.
9. What is the temperature when Goodwin gets up for the day in Chapter 14?
10. How much do Durkin and Cather receive for their two days work?
11. Who is the last person to ring the doorbell in the novel?
(d) J. Edgar Hoover.
12. Where is Cramer's office located?
(a) E. 15th St.
(b) W. 20th St.
(c) E. 10th St.
(d) W. 19th St.
13. How many evenings pass after the affair with Wragg and Cramer before Wolfe and Goodwin itemize the expenses for Mrs. Bruner's bill?
14. When did Sarah tell Mrs. Bruner that she thought the men who were at Althaus's apartment were FBI?
(a) Thursday after the murder.
(b) Monday after the murder.
(c) Wednesday after the murder.
(d) Tuesday after the murder.
15. What time does Goodwin want Sarah Dacos to meet at Rusterman's?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does Wolfe use to go to Lewis Hewitt's for lunch?
2. How much did Goodwin's evening clothing cost him?
3. What time does Goodwin go to Althaus's apartment Saturday morning?
4. What picture does Goodwin see on a dresser in Althaus's apartment?
5. When the FBI men broke into the brownstone on Thursday night, how many seconds did they listen before walking down the hall?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)