|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is dinner served at Rusterman's for Wolfe and Goodwin on Friday evening?
(a) 7:15 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 7:45 p.m.
(d) 7:30 p.m.
2. Who is helping to pay for Sarah Dacos's lawyer?
(b) Mrs. Bruner.
(d) Her parents.
3. What time does Hewitt promise to have orchids delivered to Wolfe?
(a) 2 p.m. Wednesday.
(b) Noon Wednesday.
(c) 3 p.m. Wednesday.
(d) 1 p.m. Wednesday.
4. What do Wolfe and Goodwin eat on Friday night at Rusterman's?
5. What time does Goodwin tell Mrs. Bruner to be at the brownstone on Friday morning before Wagg arrives?
(a) At 10 a.m.
(b) At 9:30 a.m.
(c) 10:45 or earlier.
(d) Around 11.
6. What type of car does Wolfe use to go to Lewis Hewitt's for lunch?
7. How many floors are in Sarah's apartment building?
8. What do actors Jarvis and Kirby get as a bonus for their roles in Wolfe's plan to deal with the FBI?
9. How much did Goodwin's evening clothing cost him?
10. In Chapter 11, since Wednesday's lunch was going to be late, what does Goodwin have for a snack?
(a) Half a sandwich.
(c) Some carrots.
(d) A few crackers.
11. To which bank does Goodwin take the FBI agents' credentials?
(a) Bank of New York.
(b) Continental Bank and Trust.
(c) Lincoln Savings Bank.
(d) Bank of America.
12. What is the temperature when Goodwin gets up for the day in Chapter 14?
13. When was the last time that Sarah had dinner with Althaus?
(a) The first of November.
14. On Thursday evening when the brownstone appears to be empty, where does Wolfe wait?
(a) Front room.
(b) Dining room.
15. Who is the last person to ring the doorbell in the novel?
(b) J. Edgar Hoover.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Wolfe buy a new car?
2. What time does Goodwin go to Althaus's apartment Saturday morning?
3. In Chapter 8, how long has it been since Goodwin had his picture in the paper?
4. What time does Goodwin ride the subway on Friday?
5. How many hours of sleep does Goodwin prefer to get?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)