|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Goodwin tip the drivers who bring the orchid boxes?
(a) $10 each.
(b) $5 each.
(c) $15 each.
(d) $2 each.
2. How many eggs do Goodwin, Panzer, Durkin, and Cather eat for breakfast the morning Wagg is coming to the brownstone?
3. Who does Goodwin call to learn who wrote the poem on the back of a photo he found in Althaus's apartment?
(a) Mrs. Althaus.
(b) Lily Rowan.
(c) Sara Dacos.
(d) Mrs. Bruner.
4. What time does Goodwin want Sarah Dacos to meet at Rusterman's?
(a) 8 p.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 9:30 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
5. Where is Cramer's office located?
(a) E. 10th St.
(b) E. 15th St.
(c) W. 19th St.
(d) W. 20th St.
6. On Thursday evening when the brownstone appears to be empty, where does Wolfe wait?
(b) Dining room.
(c) Front room.
7. Who is the last person to ring the doorbell in the novel?
(d) J. Edgar Hoover.
8. When was the last time Sarah spoke to Althaus before the murder?
(a) 2 days before.
(b) 4 days before.
(c) The day before.
(d) 3 days before.
9. How long have Goodwin and Wolfe had the Althaus's murder case?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 1 weeks.
(d) 12 days.
10. What time does Hewitt promise to have orchids delivered to Wolfe?
(a) 3 p.m. Wednesday.
(b) 2 p.m. Wednesday.
(c) 1 p.m. Wednesday.
(d) Noon Wednesday.
11. How often does Wolfe buy a new car?
(a) Once a year.
(b) About every 3 years.
(c) Every other year.
(d) Every 5 years.
12. About how long ago did Sarah Dacos move to Althaus's apartment building?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) 3 years ago.
(c) A year and a half ago.
(d) About a year ago.
13. What type of car does Wolfe use to go to Lewis Hewitt's for lunch?
14. How many actors does Hewitt hire?
15. What time does Goodwin arrive at Cramer's office in Chapter 14?
(a) 2:00 p.m.
(b) 3:35 p.m.
(c) 2:35 p.m.
(d) 1:35 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Richard Wragg?
2. When was the last time that the Ten for Aristology group met for a dinner?
3. How many Odells are in the phone books when Goodwin searches?
4. On what avenue does Goodwin catch a taxi on Friday morning?
5. After the actor left to get the car before the dinner Thursday evening, how long does it take for him to drive to the brownstone?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)