|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the bank located where Goodwin deposits Mrs. Bruner's check?
(a) Lexington Ave.
(b) Madison Ave.
(c) 35th St.
(d) 45th St.
2. What is Wolfe reading Wednesday evening?
(a) The Treasure of Our Tongue.
(b) The Secret Life of Words.
(c) The Story of English.
(d) Origins of the Specious.
3. What color is Mrs. Bruner's purse?
4. How much money did Althaus earn from his writing yearly?
(a) Around $5,000.
(b) Around $10,000.
(c) Around $8,000.
(d) Around $7,000.
5. Where is Goodwin to meet an unidentified man at 11:30 on Thursday morning?
(a) Westside Hotel.
(b) Park Avenue Hotel.
(c) Savory Hotel.
(d) Manhattan Hotel.
6. Who comes to the door of the brownstone on Thursday morning?
(a) Dr. Vollmer.
(b) Lon Cohen.
(c) FBI agents.
(d) Mrs. Bruner.
7. How many copies of the book The FBI Nobody Knows sold before Mrs. Bruner bought copies?
(a) Around 50,000.
(b) About 5,000.
(d) Less than 20,000.
8. How old is Marian Hinckley?
9. Where will Goodwin's first stop be as he attempts to learn who murdered Althaus?
(a) The Tick-Tock.
(b) Mrs. Althaus's apartment.
(d) The Journal.
10. Where is Mrs. Bruner to go if she gets a message by phone or some other means from Goodwin or Wolfe?
(a) Manhattan Hotel.
(b) Her bank.
(c) Churchill Hotel.
(d) Her office.
11. What is the amount on the check that Mrs. Bruner writes?
12. What time does Cohen have an appointment the evening that he has dinner with Wolfe and Goodwin?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 10:30 p.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
13. How old is David Althaus?
14. How old is the cognac that Wolfe, Cohen, and Godwin are drinking?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 40 years old.
(c) 30 years old.
(d) 50 years old.
15. What color are the drapes that cover the windows in the apartment where Althaus lived?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Goodwin leave the hotel after meeting with Cramer?
2. How much did Althaus weigh?
3. How many cases had Cohen given Goodwin and Wolfe that the FBI might be working on?
4. When Wolfe and Goodwin have dinner with Cohen, what were the clam cakes served with?
5. What time does Goodwin go into the kitchen to find Wolfe for the meeting with Althaus's family and associates?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)