|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Marian Hinckley?
2. What time did Mrs. Bruner arrive at Wolfe's?
(a) A little after 6.
(b) Before 7.
(c) Around 5.
(d) After 3.
3. What time does Cohen have an appointment the evening that he has dinner with Wolfe and Goodwin?
(a) 10:30 p.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
4. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Althaus live?
(a) 90th St.
(b) 80th St.
(c) Madison Avenue.
(d) Park Avenue.
5. What is Timothy Quayle's position at "Tick-Tock"?
(a) Assistant editor.
(c) Senior editor.
(d) Executive Editor.
6. What time does Goodwin go into the kitchen to find Wolfe for the meeting with Althaus's family and associates?
(a) 9:00 p.m.
(b) 9:10 p.m.
(c) 8:50 p.m.
(d) 9:30 p.m.
7. When Wolfe and Goodwin have dinner with Cohen, what is the beef braised in?
(a) Cream sauce.
(b) Mushroom sauce.
(c) White wine.
(d) Red wine.
8. When Wolfe and Goodwin have dinner with Cohen, what were the clam cakes served with?
(a) Chili sauce.
(b) Lemon sauce.
(d) Alfredo sauce.
9. How many notebook pages does Goodwin fill from the information Cohen gives?
(a) 8 pages.
(b) 3 pages.
(c) 4 pages.
(d) 5 pages.
10. Where does Lewis Hewitt live?
(a) Long Island.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) Park Avenue.
11. How many years ago was the group Ten for Aristology in existence?
12. What is the date when Mrs. Bruner comes to see Wolfe?
(a) January 5.
(b) December 18.
(c) March 12.
(d) February 15.
13. What is Wolfe reading Wednesday evening?
(a) The Story of English.
(b) The Secret Life of Words.
(c) The Treasure of Our Tongue.
(d) Origins of the Specious.
14. How large of a budget does Goodwin say that the FBI has?
(a) $100 million.
(b) $500 million.
(c) $400 million.
(d) $300 million.
15. What does David Althaus do?
(a) Deals in real estate ventures.
(b) Makes clothes for women.
(c) Owns restaurants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting in the red leather chair on at the Thursday 9 p.m. meeting?
2. Who does Goodwin call to check on the license plate number of the car that is following Mrs. Bruner?
3. Who is Mrs. Bruner to say is sick if she calls and needs to talk with Goodwin or Wolfe?
4. Who does Goodwin remember also lives in Althaus's neighborhood?
5. Where is the bank located where Goodwin deposits Mrs. Bruner's check?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)