|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many minutes does Goodwin give Quayle when he agrees to be nice and speak politely?
(a) 1 minute.
(b) 2 minutes.
(c) 4 minutes.
(d) 6 minutes.
2. What does Inspector Cranmer bring Goodwin when they meet at a hotel Thursday morning?
(a) Chinese take out.
(b) A sandwich.
3. What time does Goodwin go into the kitchen to find Wolfe for the meeting with Althaus's family and associates?
(a) 9:10 p.m.
(b) 8:50 p.m.
(c) 9:00 p.m.
(d) 9:30 p.m.
4. How many cases had Cohen given Goodwin and Wolfe that the FBI might be working on?
5. What does Goodwin do with his notes from Cohen before Wolfe tells him to stop?
(a) Tears them in half.
(b) Wads them up and tosses them in the trash.
(c) Shreds them.
(d) Rips them into confetti.
6. By what time does Goodwin say they are back in the office in Chapter 2?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
7. How much of a discount did Mrs. Bruner get when she bought copies of The FBI Nobody Knows?
8. About how many people does Goodwin say live in the Village?
(c) Quarter of a million.
9. In Chapter 6, what time is it when Goodwin enters a phone booth at a drug store?
10. Who does Goodwin remember also lives in Althaus's neighborhood?
(a) An old friend.
(b) Another private investigator.
(c) An old client.
(d) Sarah Dacos.
11. How many hours each morning does Wolfe spend tending his orchids?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
12. Who is Mrs. Bruner to say is sick if she calls and needs to talk with Goodwin or Wolfe?
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her son.
13. How old is the cognac that Wolfe, Cohen, and Godwin are drinking?
(a) 50 years old.
(b) 40 years old.
(c) 30 years old.
(d) 25 years old.
14. What are many of the houses made of on Arbor Street?
(a) Wood frame.
15. What is the amount on the check that Mrs. Bruner writes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Morris Althaus?
2. What does Goodwin charge to type up his notes?
3. When Wolfe and Goodwin have dinner with Cohen, what is the beef braised in?
4. How many pages of an unfinished novel were found in Althaus's apartment?
5. Where is Goodwin to meet an unidentified man at 11:30 on Thursday morning?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)