|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mary charged Colin to do?
(a) Answer phones at the reception desk.
(b) Call him mother and report that he's fine.
(c) Make sure Dunworthy gets a booster shot.
(d) Help Badri with the computer work.
2. How is Agnes faring?
(a) She is better.
(b) She is getting worse.
(c) She has no sign of the plague.
(d) She is quite ill but seems likely to survive.
3. Who is missing?
(a) The stable boy.
4. What does Kivrin make Fr. Roche do as he comes to give the clerk last rites?
(a) Wash his hands.
(b) Wear a mask.
(c) Burn his clothes when he leaves.
(d) Stay away from the clerk's face.
5. What is going on non-stop?
(a) The ringing of the church bells.
(b) The sounds of everyday life.
(d) The harvesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dunworthy horrified about?
2. What does Dunworthy realize as he wakes?
3. What does Gawyn say about taking Kivrin to where he found her?
4. What day is it at the opening of Chapter 17?
5. What has happened to Beverly Breen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kivrin write in her Doomsday Book about various victims?
2. Describe Mary Ahrens.
3. Describe the scene where Kivrin goes to mass with the family and her talk with Gawyn on the way home.
4. What is the situation with the steward and digging graves?
5. What does Kivrin say about the rest of the family?
6. What does Kivrin talk about with Rosemund and what is her response?
7. What happens to the envoy and what does Kirvin realize as a result?
8. Describe the discussion between Badri and Dunworthy about Kirvin's time travel.
9. Who is the next victim to fall ill and how does Kirvin discover it?
10. What does Kivrin note about the Bishop's envoy?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)