|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not working?
(a) The recorder.
(b) The spinning wheel.
(c) The interpreter.
(d) Kivrin's watch.
2. Who is another victim brought into the hospital as Dunworthy is speaking to Badri?
(a) William's mother.
(c) Beverly Breen.
3. What does Kivrin not care if her fingernails are chipped and hands dirty?
(a) She is a bit of a sloppy woman.
(b) She has a manicure scheduled for the next morning.
(c) It will fit in to the time period.
(d) She is engrossed in her project.
4. Why do they generally not send historians to the medieval period?
(a) There is not much to learn from that time period.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) They are afraid of bringing back the plague.
(d) The language is too different from modern English.
5. Where does Dunworthy take Badri?
(a) To Badri's home.
(b) To Dunworthy's home.
(c) The college infirmary.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they do to the city?
2. What is in a cage in the hut where Kivrin takes refuge?
3. What does Kivrin find at the place where Gawyn found her?
4. Who walks in while Dunworthy is talking about the epidemic?
5. What does Badri ask when he is lucid for a moment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and how is Kivrin when she wakes?
2. What does Kivrin's interpreter do and does she expect to need it?
3. Describe James Dunworthy.
4. What does Kivrin do to ensure she can find her pick up spot again and what is her first entry in her Doomsday Book?
5. What does Kivrin write in her Doomsday Book in Chapter 14?
6. Why does Badri come to find Dunworthy and where does Badri and Dunworthy go?
7. Describe Badri.
8. Why is Kivrin going to be able to go to the drop place, but what happens that she does not get there?
9. What is Ms. Montoya doing as Kivrin is preparing for her trip, and how is this related to Kivrin?
10. Who does Dunworthy try to communicate with again and what does he realize through talking with the man?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)