|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kivrin realize shortly after waking and knowing she is back in time?
(a) That her leg is broken.
(b) That she somehow hurt herself worse than she was pretending.
(c) That her satchel is lost.
(d) That she is ill.
2. What is the student's mother who arrives certain of?
(a) That her child will fall ill.
(b) That the quarantine is a hoax.
(c) That she is the only one who should watch her child.
(d) That there is no way to take her child out of the area.
3. What language has Kivrin studied?
(b) Middle English.
(c) Old English.
4. Who is the head of the History Department at Oxford?
5. What village is being excavating near the University?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do those who are caring for Kivrin think that her illness is related to?
2. Why does she try to do so with the wagon?
3. Why does Kivrin hide a box?
4. What does Kivrin endure in order to have a cover story?
5. Where does Kivrin beg to return to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Gawyn going and why does Kivrin want to go also but can not?
2. What does Kivrin do to ensure she can find her pick up spot again and what is her first entry in her Doomsday Book?
3. What does Badri keep saying and where does Dunworthy take him?
4. What is Kivrin trying to do in chapter 6 but having a hard time with?
5. Where does Dunworthy go after he's medically cleared, and what does he learn?
6. What does Badri believe and how does Dunworthy calm Badri's fears?
7. Who does Dunworthy try to communicate with again and what does he realize through talking with the man?
8. Why does Badri come to find Dunworthy and where does Badri and Dunworthy go?
9. What explanation for who she is does Kivrin plan to give and what does she end up saying?
10. Describe some of the preparations Kivrin makes for the trip back in time.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)