|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kivrin realize about the clerk that the Bishop's envoy leaves behind?
(a) He has signs of the plague.
(b) He is lewd beyond belief.
(c) He is the nicest of the envoy.
(d) He is not completely Caucasian.
2. What friend of Dunworthy's dies in the epidemic?
(c) Mary Ahrens.
3. What does Dunworthy discover about the lab where the net is?
(a) Its power systems are irrepairable.
(b) He has been locked out.
(c) It has been ransacked.
(d) It has been turned into a makeshift infirmary.
4. What has happened to Beverly Breen?
(a) She has died.
(b) She has recovered and seems to have strong anitbodies for a vaccine.
(c) She is demanding to go home to her own doctor.
(d) She is threatening to sue the University.
5. Why is Latimer unresponsive?
(a) He is still ill from the virus.
(b) He has a stroke while ill.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is angry that no one is going for Kivrin.
6. What does Dunworthy realize is as Badri is talking?
(a) That the solution is in moving back to the day Kivrin departs.
(b) That Badri made a critical error when dialing the coordinates for Kivrin.
(c) That Badri has a backup.
(d) Nothing that he can put his finger on.
7. Who is missing?
(d) The stable boy.
8. What does Kivrin make Fr. Roche do as he comes to give the clerk last rites?
(a) Stay away from the clerk's face.
(b) Burn his clothes when he leaves.
(c) Wash his hands.
(d) Wear a mask.
9. Why do the bells stop tolling?
(a) The Bishop orders them to stop.
(b) The plague is spent.
(c) The clapper broke.
(d) The bell rope broke.
10. Where does Kirvin say she and Fr. Roche are going?
(d) No where.
11. What makes Mary begin to believe that the illness is not the South Carolina strain of flu?
(a) Because its virus does not seem susceptible to that strain's vaccine.
(b) Because it does not usually become a respiratory problem
(c) Because it becomes a respiratory problem so rapidly.
(d) Because of the deaths.
12. What bells are tolling?
(c) None; there is no one left to toll them.
13. What happens when Rosemund falls and hits her head?
(a) She is rendered unconscious.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She starts bleeding badly.
(d) Kirvin sees a large bubo under Rosemund's arm.
14. How is Agnes faring?
(a) She is quite ill but seems likely to survive.
(b) She is better.
(c) She has no sign of the plague.
(d) She is getting worse.
15. How can Kivrin and Fr. Roche afford to travel?
(a) There will be plenty of empty homes to stay in.
(b) They decide not to go.
(c) Money from the clerk's purse.
(d) They know God will provide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses last rites from Roche?
2. What is Dunworthy horrified about?
3. What does Mary realize when Montoya is brought in to the hospital with the virus?
4. What does the public believe about time travel?
5. What does Gilchrist say to Dunworthy?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)