|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the bell ringers concerned about?
(a) Finding a place to practice.
(b) Finding time to practice.
(c) The virus situation.
(d) Their bells getting rusty in the humid air.
2. Where has Dunworthy seen the victim who has just arrived at the hospital?
(a) At the pub where he and Mary were waiting.
(b) When the person bumps into Badri.
(c) In a video of the bellringers.
(d) He has not seen this victim before.
3. Where do Dunworthy and Mary do after Kivrin disappears into the past?
(a) The Red Leopard.
(b) The Lamb and Cross.
(c) The Lion's Roar.
(d) The Cakes and Ale.
4. What does Badri sat to Dunworthy?
(a) Something is wrong.
(b) He wants to go get Kivrin himself.
(c) He will show the other lab tech what is wrong.
(d) He will feel up to getting back to the lab the next day.
5. What is wrong with Kivrin?
(a) She cannot seem to make her recorder work.
(b) She cannot get the transponder to work.
(c) She is lost in the woods.
(d) She has delirium because of a high fever.
6. With whom is Dunworthy talking about the epidemic?
(a) The President of the college.
(b) The press.
(d) The Dean of the college.
7. Why are the church bells tolled?
(a) To announce the death of someone.
(b) To praise God.
(c) To keep them from rusting.
(d) For the bell ringer to practice.
8. What is not working?
(a) The interpreter.
(b) Kivrin's watch.
(c) The recorder.
(d) The spinning wheel.
9. What is the priest doing with Kivrin?
(a) Carrying her to the drop site.
(b) Administering last rites.
(c) Feeding her broth.
(d) Tying her to a stake to be burned.
10. What is Colin hoping to receive?
(a) An assignment to do something.
(b) A package from his mother.
(c) Permission to go fishing.
(d) Permission to watch the net machine.
11. What village is being excavating near the University?
12. What does Kivrin plan to say about her "brother?"
(a) That he dies when they were on their way to their father's new farm.
(b) That bandits kill him.
(c) That he is ill and she is on her way to care for him.
(d) That he is a priest somewhere in London.
13. Upon what is Ms. Montoya working?
(a) A language translation program.
(b) A new time travel module.
(c) An archaeological dig.
(d) A time paradox program.
14. Who does not recognize Dunworthy?
15. What does Kivrin watch Eliwys doing?
(a) Spin wool.
(b) Painting wax onto a piece of cloth covering a window.
(d) Cook at the fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kivrin immediately know when she wakes?
2. Where does Kivrin beg to return to?
3. Who is the head of the History Department at Oxford?
4. What does Badri ask when he is lucid for a moment?
5. What does the Doomsday Book entry say at the point where Kivrin becomes aware of her surroundings?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)