|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do those who are caring for Kivrin think that her illness is related to?
(a) Her head wound.
(b) Bad food.
(c) The devil.
(d) They have no idea.
2. Who is Kivrin?
(a) A computer technician.
(b) A faculty member from University of Bingham.
(c) A faculty member from University of Brighton.
(d) A historian.
3. Who does Dunworthy visit?
4. How many hours slippage does Badri say there was?
5. Who does not recognize Dunworthy?
6. What does Kivrin watch Eliwys doing?
(b) Cook at the fireplace.
(c) Spin wool.
(d) Painting wax onto a piece of cloth covering a window.
7. Upon what is Ms. Montoya working?
(a) A time paradox program.
(b) A language translation program.
(c) An archaeological dig.
(d) A new time travel module.
8. What does Finch tell Dunworthy about the closet tech to Oxford?
(a) The only other tech who understands the machine lives in the United States.
(b) The tech's name is Andrews.
(c) There are no other techs who can do what Badri does.
(d) The only other tech who understands the machine lives in Germany.
9. What makes Dunworthy realize the epidemic is very serious?
(a) Because the doctor's have Dunworthy start calling next of kin.
(b) So far, the epidemic is not too bad.
(c) Because Badri has had all his shots and is still sick.
(d) Because most people who become ill die within 3 days.
10. What is Colin hoping to receive?
(a) A package from his mother.
(b) An assignment to do something.
(c) Permission to watch the net machine.
(d) Permission to go fishing.
11. Where does Dunworthy take Badri?
(a) The hospital.
(b) To Dunworthy's home.
(c) To Badri's home.
(d) The college infirmary.
12. What does Kivrin believe is happening to her?
(a) Being stuck with needles.
(b) Being burned at the stake.
13. What do they do to the city?
(a) Nothing yet.
(b) They are decorating the city for a festival.
(c) Quarantine it.
(d) Try to start disinfecting all the public places.
14. What does Badri say about the problem on the way to the lab?
(b) That the net has developed a black hole.
(c) That Kivrin will be arriving back in the lab in a few minutes.
(d) That Kivrin is irretrievable.
15. Where do Dunworthy and Mary do after Kivrin disappears into the past?
(a) The Cakes and Ale.
(b) The Lamb and Cross.
(c) The Red Leopard.
(d) The Lion's Roar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Badri ask when he is lucid for a moment?
2. Where does Kivrin beg to return to?
3. What does the Doomsday Book entry say at the point where Kivrin becomes aware of her surroundings?
4. Who is Mary Ahrens?
5. What language has Kivrin studied?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)